PDA

View Full Version : bills should sign Isaiah Kacyvenski

djjimkelly
10-01-2006, 02:35 AM
look im never one to be jumping all over every guy that is cut somehwere but to me this guy fits the bill literally of what bills look for. hes a backup MLB excels at special teams. im not knocking digiorgio but Isaiah Kacyvenski has bills special teams guru backup MLB written all over him!

Mr. Miyagi
10-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Who?

socalfan
10-01-2006, 02:50 AM
His cousin, Isaiah.

CuseJetsFan83
10-01-2006, 03:40 AM
he's from endicott ny, and has been on the seahawks for a few years

LifetimeBillsFan
10-01-2006, 04:03 AM
look im never one to be jumping all over every guy that is cut somehwere but to me this guy fits the bill literally of what bills look for. hes a backup MLB excels at special teams. im not knocking digiorgio but Isaiah Kacyvenski has bills special teams guru backup MLB written all over him!

A very reasonable suggestion indeed!!!

He's not a bad player. Has some starting experience, I believe--played a fair amount of minutes a couple of years ago when Seattle's starting MLB was out and did a credible job. Strong on special teams.

I would only have two questions about him: 1.) does he have enough speed to play in the Bills' "Cover 2" defense--I saw him play on TV a couple of times that season when he got a lot of playing time, but not enough to be able to get a good read on his speed and the Bills' defensive system needs speed at LB; and 2.) is he fully healthy--or has he had some recent injuries that have caused him to be available at this point?

I know the Bills like DiGiorgio and seem to be keen on developing their own rookies into players who will play their way rather than picking up guys who are older and more experienced, but who are also as developed as they are going to be, but this is a guy who seems to me to be worth at least taking a good look at.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-01-2006, 05:17 AM
He went to high school like 20 miles from me, and he is a real good special teams player. I have seen him make some nice plays when hes had to play on the field.