PDA

View Full Version : McGahee cant block you say

onceproudbillsfan
10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
How about that block on fat Pat. He knocked him on his arse.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 01:37 PM
That was on Kevin Williams.

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 01:39 PM
And thanks to his lack of blocking to this point, JP threw it quicker than he should have because he still doesn't trust Willis' blocking.

ddaryl
10-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Willis had a MAJOR whiff on the blitz pickup vs: the Jets. Nobody could possibly deny that.

He did do a decent job on this particular play, but WM still has to be more consistent on blitz pickups. Just like the rest of the team he is learning, which is why the 2006 season is going to have more then its share of upa nd downs.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2006, 01:41 PM
trust is earned.

lordofgun
10-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Several great pick-ups by Willis today...several.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Several great pick-ups by Willis today...several.
No doubt. He has looked good against the blitz today.

ryjam282
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I told you guys...The guy misses one block and all of a sudden he can't block. This all goes back to him staying home during mini-camps...He didn't attend and a bunch of you were all about, he is selfish, doesn't care about the team...The he shows up for camp, CHISLED.....The guy can do it all, just sit back and watch, you'll see.

He is a solid blocker, not the best out there, but solid.

Like Thruman never missed a block? I remember quite a few but we all love the guy.

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Whoever has said that Willis can't block flat out doesn't know stronzo, and is just looking to find fault to advance an agenda.

Ask Ken Dorsey how Willis blocks
Ask Bledsoe
Ask Holcomb
Ask Losman

Ask the Minnesota DL.

YardRat
10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Willis did a great job today picking up the blitz, IMO.

The pancake of K.Williams was just special :D

Philagape
10-01-2006, 04:23 PM
About time. Willis owed JP.

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 04:45 PM
About time. Willis owed JP.

If we're gonna get petty like that, JP owes Willis the opportunity to win a game on a long screen pass, after lofting one way over his head last week when the chips were down. Fortunately, these dudes don't think like that.

It's a team game, and these kids are growing together. They're playing together. As a fan, I love watching these dudes play.

We knock off Chicago next week, and we're on the map. It's gonna be a fun week at One Bills Drive.

Marvelous
10-01-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm saying dude!!!!!!! If McGahee would just bring back that super stiffy then i would like him..

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 04:52 PM
He blocked well....today. TODAY being the operative word. You can still see JP doesn't fully trust him and nor should he. When he can block like that week in and week out then we can talk about his blocking being good.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2006, 04:54 PM
How about that block on fat Pat. He knocked him on his arse.

that was awesome!!!! :up:

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 05:26 PM
He blocked well....today. TODAY being the operative word. You can still see JP doesn't fully trust him and nor should he. When he can block like that week in and week out then we can talk about his blocking being good.

ASS8675309, I'm well aware that you have nothing better to do than defend your indefensable position with 43,000 posts. I don't care.

I've been watching Willis play since he showed up at UM. His blocking was so effective, that he got the start at FB vs. Nebraska in the national championship game. Check that game tape out, and tell me Willis can't block.

In 2002, Willis was absolutely abusive as a blocker. Again, check out some game tape. Note the guy from Rutgers that had his hip dislocated by a McGahee blitz pickup.

When Willis took over for Henry in 2004, Bledsoe all of a sudden had more time to throw. Check the 2004 game tapes, and focus on Henry's pass protect skills vs. Willis's.

Again, watch tape. After doing so, if you still think Willis is a poor blocker, you'll still be wrong. But at least you won't be ignorant AND wrong.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2006, 06:45 PM
ASS8675309, I'm well aware that you have nothing better to do than defend your indefensable position with 43,000 posts. I don't care.

I've been watching Willis play since he showed up at UM. His blocking was so effective, that he got the start at FB vs. Nebraska in the national championship game. Check that game tape out, and tell me Willis can't block.

In 2002, Willis was absolutely abusive as a blocker. Again, check out some game tape. Note the guy from Rutgers that had his hip dislocated by a McGahee blitz pickup.

When Willis took over for Henry in 2004, Bledsoe all of a sudden had more time to throw. Check the 2004 game tapes, and focus on Henry's pass protect skills vs. Willis's.

Again, watch tape. After doing so, if you still think Willis is a poor blocker, you'll still be wrong. But at least you won't be ignorant AND wrong.

I think McGahee plays for Buffalo now, not Miami. All I know is he blew a block that cost us 7 last week. He blocked well today. End of story.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 06:48 PM

Again, watch tape. After doing so, if you still think Willis is a poor blocker, you'll still be wrong. But at least you won't be ignorant AND wrong.What does McGahee in college have anything to do with McGahee in the NFL, especially against some nobody that played for a nobody team like Rutgers.

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
What does McGahee in college have anything to do with McGahee in the NFL

Besides the fact that he's the same dude?

Read my post again. I included Willis's pro career. Including the blocking clinic he put on today.

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 07:14 PM
What does McGahee in college have anything to do with McGahee in the NFL, especially against some nobody that played for a nobody team like Rutgers. That pretty much sums up what I would reply with

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Besides the fact that he's the same dude?

Read my post again. I included Willis's pro career. Including the blocking clinic he put on today. Today. The rest of his pro career he still needs a ton of work blocking on a consistant basis.

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Today. The rest of his pro career he still needs a ton of work blocking on a consistant basis.

He's been excellent to this point in his career. As you've just conceded, he put on a clinic today, yet you're still looking to nitpick for whatever reason.

Ingtar33
10-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Willis has always been a good blocker.

he just had his head stuck up his backside last week.

it happens

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 07:41 PM
He's been excellent to this point in his career. As you've just conceded, he put on a clinic today, yet you're still looking to nitpick for whatever reason. I conceded nothing but he has been an average and inconsistant blocker in his pro career.

Richard Gozinya
10-01-2006, 08:52 PM
I conceded nothing but he has been an average and inconsistant blocker in his pro career.
Nice backpedal, but you still have to answer for the 2004 Bledsoe phenomena. With Travis, Bledsoe saw more sacks than a midget at a Chippendales show.

When Willis started, all of a sudden Drew had time to fling those long passes to Moulds and Reed.

I know why that is, and so does everyone that has a rudimentary understanding of football.

You seem like a good guy, you're just hardheaded. Knock on Willis for being aloof, a bad interview, etc. and you have an argument.

Knock on him for being a poor blocker and you don't.