X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Idiots

3rd and 1 inside the 30 yard line and they call a pass play? A low percentage play that just looked absolutely terrible.

Instead of running the football with a higer percentage and picking up the first down they call that junk. Then Lindell missed the FG into the wind. We could've gotten closer for a FG attempt or maybe even a TD. Get the freaking first down and go from there.

The Vikings should've never even seen the football again. That was a 6pt turnaround. Instead of being up at least 10-3 now it's a 7-6 game.

I'm really trying to give Jauron a chance but how many more times does he have to make these stupid decisions and cost this team points? It wasn't Jauron's fault Lindell missed the FG but we could've got him closer when he's kicking into the wind. At the worst the Vikings wouldn't have seen the football again.

We better not lose this game by a close score. That was a 6pt swing there. Jauron may cost us again.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Idiots

I think we all need to give these guys some time to really get it together and figure out what they have. I know what you're saying here but we are looking pretty good today. I'm seeing improvements in areas every week.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

there you go fever...ran it at their big line twice down there like you wanted. Time to try a FG.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I agree with Fever on this one. You're trying to run the clock down, the wind is blowing hard in your face, you run the ball and burn the cloack at the very least. If you don't get the 1st down, fine, but you've burned another 30 seconds off the clock. On 4th they should have run it again. I knew he wasn't going to hit that 47 yarder that wind was kicking hard. A 27 yarder would have been hare to hit.

Instead they pass incomplete, and literally take no time off the clock. Miss a 47 yard FG in tough winds and give the Vikes the ball and the momentum to move the ball down the field and score a FG.

Bad call.

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

That pass that Fever is talking about almost cost the Bills the game. The remaining time that would have been burnt up from a run gave Minny a chance to get close.
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            That pass that Fever is talking about almost cost the Bills the game. The remaining time that would have been burnt up from a run gave Minny a chance to get close.
            Precisely.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              3rd and 1 inside the 30 yard line and they call a pass play? A low percentage play that just looked absolutely terrible.

Instead of running the football with a higer percentage and picking up the first down they call that junk. Then Lindell missed the FG into the wind. We could've gotten closer for a FG attempt or maybe even a TD. Get the freaking first down and go from there.

The Vikings should've never even seen the football again. That was a 6pt turnaround. Instead of being up at least 10-3 now it's a 7-6 game.

I'm really trying to give Jauron a chance but how many more times does he have to make these stupid decisions and cost this team points? It wasn't Jauron's fault Lindell missed the FG but we could've got him closer when he's kicking into the wind. At the worst the Vikings wouldn't have seen the football again.

We better not lose this game by a close score. That was a 6pt swing there. Jauron may cost us again.
              Good post. I saw that play and kept saying that the momentum shifted right there. I knew that the field goal would be no good. That wind was horrible and Lindell struggled with an extra point earlier in the game at that same end zone.

Luckily, the defense held them to only a field goal and then the offense scored right when they came back in the 2nd half.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Luckily this didn't cost us in the long run and we still won the game. Decisions like this along with some bad calls like this against the Jets will cost us games later on. We got lucky Marcus Robinson dropped that ball or the Vikings would've won that game.

If we run that ball the Vikings never score before halftime. If we make it then we get some extra yards and a closer shot at a FG. We chose to pass(a low percentage one at that) and it stopped the clock.

Had we ran the ball and didn't make it the game is 17-9 instead of 17-12 on that final drive because the Vikings never score before halftime. You can do the math.

Comment

Working...
                X