X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsman12
    • Nov 2004

I'm very happy we won but...

We have to learn how to finish better...The defense played great most of the game but started to crumble on that final drive...On that final drive one of the Minn. receivers was wide open and dropped a sure touchdown or at least a huge 1st down down to our 10 yardline...and I know a win is a win but If Minn. had about 15 more seconds I think they woulda won...I've seen happen so many times I was just so nervous we were gonna blow it but we didnt and like I said im happy we won but we need be better in the 4th qurter when we have the lead or we wont be winning to many more game this season...Don't mean to be negative but...

GO BILLS
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: I'm very happy we won but...

5-11

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

I felt the same way too. I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach that the defense was going to blow this game, but luckily time was on their side in the form of a playclock. I'm just really glad for a win, but they'll need to play a whole lot bettter next week if they expect to beat the bears.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsman12
        Don't mean to be negative but...
        ...but you are. This is a young team that is just learning how to win. We aren't at the point of being able to win going away. I was nervous at the end, but I am glad that we were able to hold on and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

• Billsman12
          • Nov 2004

[quote=Mad Bomber This is a young team [/quote]

I understand that but its no excuse...you have to perform late in the 4th, you gotta be able to finish no matter if your a rook or a vet.

GO BILLS

Comment

• bluehaze
            • Sep 2006

Just be glad your worried about containing the lead as opposed to trying to make a comeback with Mularkey doing the playcalling

Comment

• Mad Bomber
              • Jul 2002

I understand that but its no excuse...you have to perform late in the 4th, you gotta be able to finish no matter if your a rook or a vet.
              The Bills DID finish..they won. End of story. If you want to talk about not finishing, look what the Jets did today against the Colts. Look what the Bills did last year against the Fins. That's not finishing. We held on (by the skin of our teeth) to win today. That is a good first step toward becoming a winning team.

Comment

• Billsman12
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bluehaze
                Just be glad your worried about containing the lead as opposed to trying to make a comeback with Mularkey doing the playcalling

Good point...Its a good sign that this team is moving in the right direction but in the end it dosent matter if your winning or losing whens it crunch time if you dont finish...

GO BILLS

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

I'm not sure that was a sure TD for Robinson ... Whitner was right there.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Billsman12
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    The Bills DID finish..they won. End of story. If you want to talk about not finishing, look what the Jets did today against the Colts. Look what the Bills did last year against the Fins. That's not finishing. We held on (by the skin of our teeth) to win today. That is a good first step toward becoming a winning team.

Your absolutely right, they did finish but like I said a Minn. receiver dropped a sure touchdown so why couldnt you make a point that Minn. beat themselves? I give a lot of credit to our defense but they practicly lost it for us if it wasnt for Minnesota miscue we would be 1-3...and I understand that a lot of times a good defense forces offensive miscues but not in that case

GO BILLS

Comment

• Billsman12
                      • Nov 2004

Im really not that negative im just saying that defense played bad in the final moments of the game...Other than that no complaints...Bring on Chicago.. Go Bills

GO BILLS

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

The offense needs to learn to 'finish', also. Putting more than 17 points on the board consistently would help out matters, too.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

Im really not that negative im just saying that defense played bad in the final moments of the game...Other than that no complaints...Bring on Chicago.. Go Bills

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

I was FURIOUS! at the way we finished this game.. Perry Fewell sucks-ass at finishing games. Whatever D we we're in at the end(say the last 8 minutes)) was BS!!! I am surprised and graateful we won but i had that BAD BAD feeling.. Kinda like last years Dolphins game...
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                              ...but you are. This is a young team that is just learning how to win. We aren't at the point of being able to win going away. I was nervous at the end, but I am glad that we were able to hold on and not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

well said....
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X