• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Some Postgame notes.....

Well it wasn't always pretty but we came out of it with a W and all that matters. A few observations

-Willis was talking a lot of trash today, but he was running hard and picking up blitzes like crazy. He can talk all the trash he wants if he continues to play like that.

-Losman looks like he finally got it. He made some great throws under pressure and protected the ball well. Imagine how good Losman and McGahee would be if we had a real OL.

-Hey Peerless, where have those moves been for the last 4 years? The outside receiver speed is a huge asset to this team, when our joke of an OL can give Losman enough time to beat it.

-LB's were solid without Spikes. If he ever gets back on the field, the middle of the field is basically going to be off-limits.

-Interesting kick formations/strategies from April- he's definitely setting something up for down the road. That penalty on the kick recovery was a horrible call- I don't know how our guy can get called for interference when their guy is running AWAY from the friggin ball.

Of course, this wouldn't be an OpIv37 post without some negatives.

-Our DL is pathetic. they get no pressure on the passer- that's why the jets beat us and it was one of the reasons why Minny was able to hang in at the end.

-That pass on 3rd and 1 just before halftime was a TERRIBLE play call. Get the first down and at least kill the clock. The coaches need to do better than that.

-Our red zone offense is terrible. There is never any running room once we get inside the 20.

Those things will need to be fixed if this team is going to go anywhere, but win's a win and the Jets and Dolphins lost, so enough *****ing for now.

Go BILLS!
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Some Postgame notes.....

The best thing about today's win for me is that Losman did well against a VERY good Minny defense. Doing against Miami and NYJ is good but they arent of the caliber that Minny's D is.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

in fairness to the DL,kelsay did hit johnson's arm to create an INT.denney played an ok game and schobel needs to step it up.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
        in fairness to the DL,kelsay did hit johnson's arm to create an INT.denney played an ok game and schobel needs to step it up.
        Did Kelsay hit his arm? Initially it didnt look like it.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          Did Kelsay hit his arm? Initially it didnt look like it.

if not,he put on enough pressure to alter the throw.
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

This coaching staff still is not showing me much. In fact, they won that game despite some stupid coaching on the Bills part.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

not to mention that the DL held minnesota's rushing attack at bay too.that was a huge lift.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

The DL had several tipped passes as well. I'm not going to say they were spectacular, but I'd give the DL a C+.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

I agree with you mostly OP. But the Red Zone offense running wise isnt great because teams know we are going to try running Willis into endzone and not throw. Once we start to throw down there then the running holes will open up.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Oh, I forgot to mention penalties. It was something like 14 penalties for over 100 yards.

Considering that our average drive start was the 49, that's 2 touchdowns.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      -Our red zone offense is terrible. There is never any running room once we get inside the 20.
                      Agreed. Actually, I'd be interested to know the last time our offense was consistent in the red zone. It feels like it's been forever, or at least since 1994.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                        I agree with you mostly OP. But the Red Zone offense running wise isnt great because teams know we are going to try running Willis into endzone and not throw. Once we start to throw down there then the running holes will open up.
                        I understand that.

What I don't understand is why other teams can run in the red zone and we can't.

If it's first and goal from the 6, we get stuffed 3 times and then it's 4th and goal from the 5. Other teams seem to be able to at least get 2-3 yards on a carry even when the D knows what they're going to do.

we need to get the TE's to become legit receiving threats. Our receivers rely mainly on speed- not size- so they don't really scare anyone in the red zone when there's no room to outrun the DB's.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

How many rushing yards did our DL allow?
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I thought the officiating sucked for both teams. I agree the pooch kick was a terrible call...that was as half-assed an attempt at signaling for a fair catch as you'll ever see...it actually he looked like he was waving the other players away from the ball, not calling for a fair catch.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Devin
                              How many rushing yards did our DL allow?
                              63. Even Anderson made a couple of nice plays behind the line of scrimmage.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X