PDA

View Full Version : The Defense Won This Game

Night Train
10-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Offense still struggling/learning but I expected this more from the D this season.

Knocking down passes...INT's...good pressure...improving each week against the run.

It's stilll a work in progress..but..

I'm thinking we finally got something here.

YardRat
10-01-2006, 07:07 PM
The stats are skewed because of the last two drives, but the defense was dominant. They stuffed the run, got some turnovers, and gang-tackled like a unit possessed.

I was VERY happy with the play of the defense this week.

Ingtar33
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
they were filling their lanes better today... that was what killed us the first few games. overpursuit, and coming out of their rush lanes.

the team is beginning to round out as the players grasp the new schemes on both sides of the ball.

i like seeing the team get better with every game.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
I was happiest about our ability to stop the run/

SABURZFAN
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
we held the rushing attack to 63 yards. :up:

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 07:12 PM
we held the rushing attack to 63 yards. :up:
Against a heck of an RB and one of the best OL's in the league.

BillsNick
I like the sense of hunger that this team displays. They want to win no matter what. JP's got a fire inside him, and that's what it takes.

HHURRICANE
Offense still struggling/learning but I expected this more from the D this season.

Knocking down passes...INT's...good pressure...improving each week against the run.

It's stilll a work in progress..but..

I'm thinking we finally got something here.

Your kidding right?! JP won the game.

Our D never plays well enough to not leave us on our seats with white knuckles. Minnseota was down to our 20 yard line and ran out of time. I wasn't impressed.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 07:15 PM
I like the sense of hunger that this team displays. They want to win no matter what. JP's got a fire inside him, and that's what it takes.
Looks like a young team starting to come together. Now just imagine if we get some veteran leadership (TKO) on the field. :drool:

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Looks like a young team starting to come together. Now just imagine if we get some veteran leadership (TKO) on the field. :drool: Or...some veterans that really want to be here. I have legit concerns about both TKO and Clements in the 'want to for Buffalo' dept.

That said, can you immagine how good we will be the more exp we get our rookies? Also get us a real LT and RG and watch how fast things come together

BillsNick
10-01-2006, 07:20 PM
You know what's great? These guys play as a TEAM. The whole team won this one fellas. The Defense, JP, Peerless, etc. Team effort today.

gr8slayer
10-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Or...some veterans that really want to be here. I have legit concerns about both TKO and Clements in the 'want to for Buffalo' dept.

That said, can you immagine how good we will be the more exp we get our rookies? Also get us a real LT and RG and watch how fast things come together
You and I see the Spikes situation very differently. I can agree with you more on Clements but I think TKO knows that there is no other NFL city that loves him more than Buffalo.

I think we got to see a bit of our future at RG today when Preston stepped in, I really like Preston and his style of play. He has a great first step and EXPLODES into the defender, needs to work on chopping his feet but he has a solid first step which you know is the most important part of being a solid OL.

LT; Gandy played better today than he did last week not solid yet but better.

Night Train
10-02-2006, 04:39 AM
Your kidding right?! JP won the game.

Our D never plays well enough to not leave us on our seats with white knuckles. Minnseota was down to our 20 yard line and ran out of time. I wasn't impressed.

I'm not kidding at all. If you wish to just focus on the QB and little else, that's your issue.

I like JP very much but he threw a couple passes right into the hands of Vikings, which were thankfully dropped.

I saw progress and hardly think the D is dominant. But I saw Minny punting the ball away far more often than driving down the field. You bring up only the final drive and ignore some 50 + minutes of positive play.

If the O had played well for 50 + minutes, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-02-2006, 05:06 AM
You know what's great? These guys play as a TEAM. The whole team won this one fellas. The Defense, JP, Peerless, etc. Team effort today.

I totally agree.

Just like the whole team contributed to the loss last week, IMHO the whole team contributed to the win this week.

This team still has a long ways to go, but there is a lot to like about it and it is possible to actually see things moving in the right direction. It's interesting and fun to watch--I'm looking forward to the remaining three-quarters of the season.

YardRat
10-02-2006, 05:44 AM
Seven out of eight drives for Minnesota after the initial FG ended in three and outs and included two INT's. You can't ask for much more than that.

Historian
10-02-2006, 06:04 AM
I would like to *****-slap whomever called the pass to Evans on second down late in the game though.

Giving them the ball back put all that more pressure on the D....and to their credit, they held.

Inetpub
10-02-2006, 08:23 AM
I really liked the way our D played the game. Your right the stats were screwed because of the last 2 possessions by the vikes. Overall they won the game for us. I still think my gameball goes to Mcgahee (for working his ass off and those blocks! wow!) but the whole D is a REALLY REALLY close call.