X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

The 12th man

Stepped it up bigtime on those last few drives by the Vikes. I think had we had TKO in there instead of Ellison, we would've stopped them from scoring that last TD.
    Anyway, that was honestly the loudest I've heard it in there for more than a play or two since the 98 game against the 49ers when we helped them to have 22 penalties and cause Steve Young to be so frazzled he lined up under LG
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: The 12th man

12th man. way to go.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

12 man rules at RWS!

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

KEEP IT UP LADIES
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Fans leaving early miss thrills

Sorry to dump water on the fire that is burning in western New York this morning because of a pulsating 17-12 Bills victory over Minnesota on Sunday, but what's up with the fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium?
            Last week, there couldn't have been more than 30,000 people still in the stadium when the Bills scored a late touchdown to get within 28-20 of the Jets and then recovered an onside kick that gave them a slight chance of pulling off a miracle rally. On Sunday, there had to be about 10,000 fans on the way to the parking lots, some already in their cars driving out of Orchard Park, when the Vikings marched downfield in the final two minutes and produced a heart-pounding finish. more

Honestly, until I made it to the lot, I hadn't realized a lot of people had left...was too into the game...but this says a lot about the type of fans who stayed if we could be that loud without those 10,000 people. Maybe those 10,000 extra voices could've helped stop that final drive

Fans who left early
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Agree! I could never leave early. The come back game should have taught people.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I remember thinking how pathetic the crowd was yesterday so it's interesting you say this. They didnt' really get the volume up on the defensive plays like it used to be throughout the game. Then people were leaving. This is what you get when the league allows officials to decide who wins games and our GM blows us smoke for several years...you end up with a bunch of commercial soap opera fans and the fans of football are staying home.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

I didn't stay home...not a fan of soap operas...and on the last few drives, the crowd was pretty loud...I heard a lot of people on the way out of the game talking about it
                  Guess you had to be there like a lot of us football fans were

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    I didn't stay home...not a fan of soap operas...and on the last few drives, the crowd was pretty loud...I heard a lot of people on the way out of the game talking about it
                    Guess you had to be there like a lot of us football fans were
                    I didn't say all the fans...just a higher proportion and it shows.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I didn't say all the fans...just a higher proportion and it shows.
                      well, so far Jauron, London, Jerry Sullivan, and the Rochester paper have all commented on how the fans stepped up

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        well, so far Jauron, London, Jerry Sullivan, and the Rochester paper have all commented on how the fans stepped up
                        Exactly. I love how the fans that stay home critique the fans at the stadium and the sound. Yet the fans that stayed home have no right to say anything because they were too cheap or too lazy to go.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Exactly. I love how the fans that stay home critique the fans at the stadium and the sound. Yet the fans that stayed home have no right to say anything because they were too cheap or too lazy to go.

yeah I'm not a real fan like you. All of this blow hard crap about the fans is a marketing strategy to get more people to the games. I listened to the crowd. in the 4th quarter it got loud but I was surprised because it wasn't like that the whole game. Maybe those were the times you were out getting a hot dog.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                            • Aug 2005

If you aren't at the game then don't comment on how loud it was because you can't tell over the tv. It was the loudest consistently that I can remember for some time.

Post edited for TOS violation. Please attack the post and not the post - Mikey82
                            Last edited by Michael82; 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM.
                            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                              No kidding, what a killjoy. Keep it to yourself ya fat loser.
                              you have such a nice way of saying things it gives you such credibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X