PDA

View Full Version : The 12th man

The_Philster
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Stepped it up bigtime on those last few drives by the Vikes. I think had we had TKO in there instead of Ellison, we would've stopped them from scoring that last TD.
Anyway, that was honestly the loudest I've heard it in there for more than a play or two since the 98 game against the 49ers when we helped them to have 22 penalties and cause Steve Young to be so frazzled he lined up under LG
:bf1:

billsburgh
10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
:bf1: 12th man. way to go.

Devin
10-01-2006, 08:00 PM
:jam:

hammerbillsfan
10-01-2006, 08:03 PM
12 man rules at RWS! :cheers:

JD
10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
KEEP IT UP LADIES

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Sorry to dump water on the fire that is burning in western New York this morning because of a pulsating 17-12 Bills victory over Minnesota on Sunday, but what's up with the fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium?
Last week, there couldn't have been more than 30,000 people still in the stadium when the Bills scored a late touchdown to get within 28-20 of the Jets and then recovered an onside kick that gave them a slight chance of pulling off a miracle rally. On Sunday, there had to be about 10,000 fans on the way to the parking lots, some already in their cars driving out of Orchard Park, when the Vikings marched downfield in the final two minutes and produced a heart-pounding finish. more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061002/SPORTS0106/610020310)

Honestly, until I made it to the lot, I hadn't realized a lot of people had left...was too into the game...but this says a lot about the type of fans who stayed if we could be that loud without those 10,000 people. Maybe those 10,000 extra voices could've helped stop that final drive

Fans who left early :negrep:

mybills
10-02-2006, 07:04 AM
Agree! I could never leave early. The come back game should have taught people. :shakeno:

Typ0
10-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I remember thinking how pathetic the crowd was yesterday so it's interesting you say this. They didnt' really get the volume up on the defensive plays like it used to be throughout the game. Then people were leaving. This is what you get when the league allows officials to decide who wins games and our GM blows us smoke for several years...you end up with a bunch of commercial soap opera fans and the fans of football are staying home.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 07:09 AM
I didn't stay home...not a fan of soap operas...and on the last few drives, the crowd was pretty loud...I heard a lot of people on the way out of the game talking about it
Guess you had to be there like a lot of us football fans were

Typ0
10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
I didn't stay home...not a fan of soap operas...and on the last few drives, the crowd was pretty loud...I heard a lot of people on the way out of the game talking about it
Guess you had to be there like a lot of us football fans were

I didn't say all the fans...just a higher proportion and it shows.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
I didn't say all the fans...just a higher proportion and it shows.
well, so far Jauron, London, Jerry Sullivan, and the Rochester paper have all commented on how the fans stepped up

Michael82
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
well, so far Jauron, London, Jerry Sullivan, and the Rochester paper have all commented on how the fans stepped up
Exactly. I love how the fans that stay home critique the fans at the stadium and the sound. Yet the fans that stayed home have no right to say anything because they were too cheap or too lazy to go.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Exactly. I love how the fans that stay home critique the fans at the stadium and the sound. Yet the fans that stayed home have no right to say anything because they were too cheap or too lazy to go.

yeah I'm not a real fan like you. All of this blow hard crap about the fans is a marketing strategy to get more people to the games. I listened to the crowd. in the 4th quarter it got loud but I was surprised because it wasn't like that the whole game. Maybe those were the times you were out getting a hot dog.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-02-2006, 01:23 PM
If you aren't at the game then don't comment on how loud it was because you can't tell over the tv. It was the loudest consistently that I can remember for some time.

Post edited for TOS violation. Please attack the post and not the post - Mikey82

Typ0
10-02-2006, 01:43 PM
No kidding, what a killjoy. Keep it to yourself ya fat loser.

you have such a nice way of saying things it gives you such credibility.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
You have offically taken over as the biggest douche bag on this site today. If you aren't at the game then don't comment on how loud it was because you can't tell over the tv. It was the loudest consistently that I can remember for some time.

I know it's possible for the audio to be played with like that. As I originally said I thought it was interesting that PHil was making this observation because I was thinking the opposite while watching the game at home. So go ahead and have your kiddy feel good I was there BS and I'll leave you alone because I don't want you to complain to the principal.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 01:47 PM
and just for the record, maybe they can play with the audio...but it's a lot of effort to paint in those fake fans leaving the stadium for the last couple weeks.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I know it's possible for the audio to be played with like that. As I originally said I thought it was interesting that PHil was making this observation because I was thinking the opposite while watching the game at home. Might be something wrong with your TV then...I just watched the game on tape and the crowd nose was very noticeable..so I don't know what you were watching

THATHURMANATOR
10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
It was super loud! I didn't notice that people left early.

I did notice that people did leave early last week.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Might be something wrong with your TV then...I just watched the game on tape and the crowd nose was very noticeable..so I don't know what you were watching

I guess I'm more talking about the difference between us having the ball and them having the ball. I can remember times when you could hear a pin drop in there when we were going to snap the ball and you couldn't hear a jet buzzing overhead when they were about to snap the ball. I was just observing the crowd didn't seem to be acting that way throughout the entire game is all. Listen, I wasn't there I'm not going to continue to argue with you about this. All I said was I actually said to myself the crowd wasn't the same as it used to be earlier in that game while I was watching it on TV. I never said I was sure I knew what I was talking about...I only make the observation to myself. I did, without doubt, see a bunch of people leaving again though and MIN quite nearly won the game.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
I will agree that there were times in the game that we weren't as loud on defense as we should've been...and there were plenty of idiots making lots of noise when the offense was on the field...but those last 2 drives by the Vikes were pretty loud...especially the final one

THATHURMANATOR
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
The end of the game was the loudest.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I will agree that there were times in the game that we weren't as loud on defense as we should've been...and there were plenty of idiots making lots of noise when the offense was on the field...but those last 2 drives by the Vikes were pretty loud...especially the final one

yeah, that's exactly what I have been trying to say. I have been there at games where the stadium achieved that throughout the entire game and it does make a difference not to wait until they have a chance to come back before you start making noise...how about disrupting every possesion in the same way and making ours a little easier....;).

Again, I'm not trying to badger you guys who went out to the game. It's just something I said during the game.

THATHURMANATOR
10-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Stop badgering us!

Typ0
10-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Stop badgering us!

No!

JD
10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I was tailgating right near Southwestern boulevard (grass lot)..and you mother ****ers were loud. I remember falling to the ground in a drunken staggar and waking up because of a roar of the crowd. I could have died, so thanks :up: