X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IAG
    • Jan 2005

Time to give Donahoe credit

Bills fans need to give credit to Tom Donahoe and his personel decisions he made. While people love the young pups from this draft, the guys making the plays are Donohoe players/projects. Crowell, Fletcher, McGahee, Losman, Peters, Gandy, Denney, Schobel...even the recommedation to bring in Bobby April.

Yes, yes, yes, the he blew two coaching hires and had questionable decision making when selecting a QB. Ultimately, they did not win on his watch and he is out. However, do not mistake that this team is producing with players drafted or signed with the previous GM and President.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Time to give Donahoe credit

I hope Donahoe smokes a turd in hell.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Neato! Mort posts on billszone!

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Ya gotta kinda agree ... Donahoe did what he was supposed to do, get us out of hell. Luckily he was canned before he put us back in it.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

I give him credit. He brought in a lot of good players. He'd still be here if he knew how to hire a head coach.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by IAG
            Bills fans need to give credit to Tom Donahoe and his personel decisions he made. While people love the young pups from this draft, the guys making the plays are Donohoe players/projects. Crowell, Fletcher, McGahee, Losman, Peters, Gandy, Denney, Schobel...even the recommedation to bring in Bobby April.

Yes, yes, yes, the he blew two coaching hires and had questionable decision making when selecting a QB. Ultimately, they did not win on his watch and he is out. However, do not mistake that this team is producing with players drafted or signed with the previous GM and President.
            I can't believe that your only at (-974) with these kind of excellent posts. Let me help you out.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by IAG

Fine, lets not mistake that Levy is the one who brought in our best HC since Marv, and O and D systems that are working well right out of the gate.

Lets not also forget that Levy and Modrak drafted 4 players who are starting and playing well. Donahoe NEVER had a draft class that has produced this much this early

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                I hope Donahoe smokes a turd in hell.
                Ice, dude, you gotta reel it in a bit.
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                  Fine, lets not mistake that Levy is the one who brought in our best HC since Marv, and O and D systems that are working well right out of the gate.

Lets not also forget that Levy and Modrak drafted 4 players who are starting and playing well. Donahoe NEVER had a draft class that has produced this much this early

Who are the 4 players?

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                    Who are the 4 players?
                    Simpson, Whitner, Ellison, and McCargo/Williams you pick. Yes, you can argue that Williams/McCargo dont start but since they rotate so much they are virtually starting

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Too bad they couldn't produce while he was here. It took a different GM and a head coach not hired by him to get his guys to play to their potential.

Maybe the next time Donahoe secures a job as GM, if there ever is a next time, he won't be such a dumb-ass about his coaches or his lines. Or his safeties for that matter.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I gave him some credit...should have hired someone other than Mularkey though.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                          Ice, dude, you gotta reel it in a bit.
                          LOL I just want to express my thoughts on ol Tom

Comment

• IAG
                            • Jan 2005

3/5 of the line are guys he brought in. Are you telling me that Tutan Reyes and Mel Fowler are the difference this season? Lol. I just think that Bills fans who are hammering Tom need to remember that he may have selected a a solid QB, a franchise RB and a #1 WR. Also, those guys who can run on defense are mostly his selections. Believe it.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

John Fox
                              Lovie Smith
                              Romeo Crennell
                              Charlie Weiss
                              Jack Del Rio

These are all coaches that TD could've hired, instead of the ****** he hired. I'm sure more could be added to that list.

Comment

Working...
                              X