• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

5-11

We're looking better but that's still going to be our record at the end of the season. The last 3 wins will likely be Lions, Tennessee and Houston, although given the way Detroit hung with the Rams, it's not a gimme. We might pick up another W with Miami, but not sure. 5-11 is still my bet.

As long as we show progress though it's all good. I still think Dick sucks and hasn't outcoached anyone yet, but maybe I'm wrong and Dick will give Head Coach a good name around here.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: 5-11

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

I usually think your posts, although negative, have some thought provking ideas behind them. However, this one is ridiculous.

My bet is $1,000 that we are at least 7-9. I've had it up since May and I have had no takers. Are you in?? Put your money where your mouth is!!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

We were in every game we've played so far, against excellent competition. A few breaks here and there and we are 4-0. I thought sniffing glue went out with the 70's. You should consider giving it up.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Miami is a joke. We will def beat them again. All these young players should only improve as they play more. I think 8-8 is very realistic.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            We're looking better but that's still going to be our record at the end of the season. The last 3 wins will likely be Lions, Tennessee and Houston, although given the way Detroit hung with the Rams, it's not a gimme. We might pick up another W with Miami, but not sure. 5-11 is still my bet.

As long as we show progress though it's all good. I still think Dick sucks and hasn't outcoached anyone yet, but maybe I'm wrong and Dick will give Head Coach a good name around here.
            I dont think I can put any sort of a record on this team.

Seriously, we have been in every single game we have played. I dont see that changing. We could just as easily go on to take the division with a 10 and 6 record

Were in too many games to go and predict us to go 5 and 11.

Some may not like Jauron. But he has gotten 4 rookies, and a young QB to play TOUGH football every damn week.

He also went and got Fairchild and Fewel who brought in all new schemes and this team isnt looking clueless as far as not knowing the plays at all.

We can win alot of games this way. Im hopeful for a playoff run.

However, we are now the roller coaster kings and we shouldnt EXPECT anything.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i said 6-10.i hope i'm wrong.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I've said 8-8 all along and I stand by that
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era

Seriously, we have been in every single game we have played. I dont see that changing. We could just as easily go on to take the division with a 10 and 6 record

Were in too many games to go and predict us to go 5 and 11.

Some may not like Jauron. But he has gotten 4 rookies, and a young QB to play TOUGH football every damn week.

He also went and got Fairchild and Fewel who brought in all new schemes and this team isnt looking clueless as far as not knowing the plays at all.

We can win alot of games this way. Im hopeful for a playoff run.

Good post. This team seems like they'll stay close in games, losing some heartbreakers against teams they should beat, and winning some against teams that seem to have them outmatched, as well. It's too hard to say at this point where they'll end up, record-wise. Next week will be a huge test.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

6-10 here and I stand by that till I get proven wrong (which I dont mind at all). Teams seems to be progressing nicely to this point.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                      • Jan 2003

I've said 14-2 all along.

Actually no I haven't.

That's be phat as hell though. I'd love to see everyone choking down big bowls of crow.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

I said 6-10...

with 8-8 or 9-7 as the best possible outcome.

I need to see more before i change my mind on 6-10
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

mr. cynical.. do you care to make a cash bet that we will finish ABOVE 5-11?
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era

Seriously, we have been in every single game we have played. I dont see that changing.....We're in too many games....

Some may not like Jauron. But he has gotten 4 rookies, and a young QB to play TOUGH football every damn week....

Book it!!!

Jauron has this team playing hard every week--hard enough that, with the talent that they have, they have been in every game with a shot to win--and, because they have seen some results from doing that, that is not going to change.

But, this is also a very young and inexperienced team that still has a lot to learn--which means that they are going to make mistakes that can lose winnable games one week and still be able to ride their effort to win games that they are not expected to win the next as they continue learning how to do what it takes to win--which means that you never know what you are going to get with them from one week to the next.

And, when you put it all together it adds up to a totally unpredictable, roller-coaster season, with a lot of games during the season being agita-producing, heart-pounding roller-coaster rides in their own right.

How it will all turn out in terms of how many wins the Bills will end up with, who knows!?!?

But, I will say one thing about this team: you can see at least some improvement over the previous week's game in every single game that they have played, even when they have made costly mistakes and lost. To me that means that the players are not just willing and able to learn, but that they still are learning and improving and are likely to continue to do so as the season goes on. I like what I have seen in their progress thus far and it gives me a reason to believe and expect that the team will continue to improve and progress much further.

Donte Whitner made a comment a couple of weeks ago where he said that Dick Jauron had told the team that they are not rebuilding, but building the foundation of a good football team. I liked that he and the team were taking that approach when I read the comment and I think that really sums up what I have seen from the Bills during the first quarter of this season. And, that's really all that I wanted and was hoping to see from them this year, so I am very pleased with how they have done so far and am willing to put up with the roller-coaster ride, even though I'm sure that, at times, it's going to be pretty rough on my nerves!
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

What ever drugs your on Mr Negative I want some. Remember Puff....Puff....PASS!

Comment

Working...
                              X