PDA

View Full Version : Is peerless's play going to change our season?

Mitchy moo
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
????????????

TD after that catch, makes us look alot better.

OpIv37
10-01-2006, 09:01 PM
he's been a good addition but it takes more than one play by one player to change a season.

Meathead
10-01-2006, 11:31 PM
a) went very low to save a bad pass
b) popped up and make a move
c) escaped an ankle hold
d) made a move
e) juked two defenders to bump into each other
f) raced around the end for the td
g) scores the game winner

beautiful. a big time very difficult play

two questions:

1. was that just catching lightning or does he have the talent to do that more often

2. how come we aint talkin bout this

mysticsoto
10-02-2006, 09:35 AM
he's been a good addition but it takes more than one play by one player to change a season.

What'd you say, Op? I couldn't hear you over the Crow chewing... :D

Historian
10-02-2006, 10:23 AM
a) went very low to save a bad pass
b) popped up and make a move
c) escaped an ankle hold
d) made a move
e) juked two defenders to bump into each other
f) raced around the end for the td
g) scores the game winner

Yea...so take THAT all you Peerless haters.

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 10:26 AM
Damn, people need to calm down.

Peerless has two good games and Tim Anderson has one and suddenly they're huge successes?

Peerless has been good so far but I think he needs more than 2 solid games and one amazing play before we start touting him as Marv's great success. Such low standards around here sometimes....

Historian
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM
When a player does what he's hired to do, I call that a success.

When a player does what he did to score yesterday...I call that signing a coup.

;)

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM

Peerless has two good games and Tim Anderson has one and suddenly they're huge successes?

Peerless has been good so far but I think he needs more than 2 solid games and one amazing play before we start touting him as Marv's great success. Such low standards around here sometimes....
Every player doesn't need to be a hall of famer. Peerless was a great pick-up.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 10:49 AM

You didn't realize by now that every time there is a good game by a Bills player makes them great? Even if they have 5 bad ones inbetween them?

And it wasn't even a great game. 40 yards and a TD which I'm willing to bet over 75 WR's will do at one point this year.

I'm excited about the TD reception too but if 40 yards and 1 TD in a game and 126 yards through 4 games is all it takes for us to do backflips over then we have sunk a long way over these last 6 losing seasons.

mybills
10-02-2006, 10:58 AM
You didn't realize by now that every time there is a good game by a Bills player makes them great? Even if they have 5 bad ones inbetween them?

Not true. Bledsoe was never "great". :snicker:

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Every player doesn't need to be a hall of famer. Peerless was a great pick-up.

so far, he looks like a good pick up and he made a great play. But there's still 12 games left. I think it's premature for Skooby to be saying his play is going to change our season because of 1 touchdown.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 11:12 AM
so far, he looks like a good pick up and he made a great play. But there's still 12 games left. I think it's premature for Skooby to be saying his play is going to change our season because of 1 touchdown.

funny, it looks to me like the thread was framed as a question. Perhaps he wanted your opinion.

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 11:52 AM
funny, it looks to me like the thread was framed as a question. Perhaps he wanted your opinion.

he also said "makes us look a lot better".

It was a great play, but it was one 8 yard touchdown. It's hardly the kind of thing that's significant enough to change a season.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 12:04 PM
he also said "makes us look a lot better".

It was a great play, but it was one 8 yard touchdown. It's hardly the kind of thing that's significant enough to change a season.

it was the winning score. One could argue without that play we are 1-3 right now instead of 2-2. I'd say that's a change.

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM
it was the winning score. One could argue without that play we are 1-3 right now instead of 2-2. I'd say that's a change.

uhhh, we were already winning the game when he scored that touchdown. And it wasn't fourth down so there would have been other chances to score from that field position. I think it's a huge stretch to say we would have lost if he didn't make that play.