PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait for all the ship jumping next week

ICE74129
10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
From the looks of it, we are in deep crap when we go into Chicago. Now I grant you we have a shot at winning this game. But up until this last week, almost no one gave us a shot up there.

Now after today, everyone is on a high, some are coming around to JP's obvious improved play and growth. But I see Matt H who is much more accomplished than JP being made to look like a rookie by this defense. I feel JP will possibly have a rough game.

That said, I wonder how bad some are going to be if this team has a hell of a bad time up there. Me? I take it as just a loss against a great team knowing full well we are rebuilding. Should JP toss 3 ints and only throw for 60 yards, hey it happens. If willis rushes for 50 on 30 carries, samething. From the way it looks our D is in for a bad day as well.

We just need to keep the faith and realise this is a long season. IF we have a bad loss up there, so what, build on it and move on to whip the next team.

I still think we have a good shot at beating these guys though. We gotta get willis and A train going somehow are we are in sheep dip! The other thing is we need more pressure and control of LOS with our front 4.

SABURZFAN
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
:z:

Nighthawk
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm not worried about how our young players look, I'm worried about the coaching. I just haven't seen enough to make me feel comfortable about this staff. Still too many bonehead calls...

TacklingDummy
10-01-2006, 09:18 PM
:z:

YardRat
10-01-2006, 09:19 PM
So you're giving the entire team a 'pass' next week Ice if they lose? You're not going to ***** about the offensive line, the defense, or the coaching?

No finger-pointing?

X-Era
10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
From the looks of it, we are in deep crap when we go into Chicago. Now I grant you we have a shot at winning this game. But up until this last week, almost no one gave us a shot up there.

Now after today, everyone is on a high, some are coming around to JP's obvious improved play and growth. But I see Matt H who is much more accomplished than JP being made to look like a rookie by this defense. I feel JP will possibly have a rough game.

That said, I wonder how bad some are going to be if this team has a hell of a bad time up there. Me? I take it as just a loss against a great team knowing full well we are rebuilding. Should JP toss 3 ints and only throw for 60 yards, hey it happens. If willis rushes for 50 on 30 carries, samething. From the way it looks our D is in for a bad day as well.

We just need to keep the faith and realise this is a long season. IF we have a bad loss up there, so what, build on it and move on to whip the next team.

I still think we have a good shot at beating these guys though. We gotta get willis and A train going somehow are we are in sheep dip! The other thing is we need more pressure and control of LOS with our front 4.

As I said before, we cannot EXPECT to win this next game. But I think we have a very real chance to do just that. I think we win with a strong running effort. I also think that we can dink and dunk on them like we did agianst the Vikes today.

We should be able to move the ball.

We just need mistake free football. Cant have all those penalties

SABURZFAN
So you're giving the entire team a 'pass' next week Ice if they lose? You're not going to ***** about the offensive line, the defense, or the coaching?

No finger-pointing?

:roflmao:

yeah...right....

Scumbag College
I don't see why anyone would jump ship if the Bills lose next week. Chicago is a really good team, whom will be undefeated and playing at home. The Bills will probably be at least a touchdown underdog.

In reality, with all the changes the Bills made during the offseason and all the rookies playing, being 2-2 right now is a pleasant surprise. I've seen alot of improvement this year in comparison to the last few years. This team is heading in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, and the possibility of losing on the road to an undefeated playoff team shouldn't deter any optimism.

X-Era
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM

I hope all ship jumpers jump into 40 degree water in just their skivvys.

Can you say shrinkage?

The Bills wagons are finally circling anyone who wants to jump off can get scalped by the indians.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM

I wonder if TKO will have the heart to play next week.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't see why anyone would jump ship if the Bills lose next week. Chicago is a really good team, whom will be undefeated and playing at home. The Bills will probably be at least a touchdown underdog.

In reality, with all the changes the Bills made during the offseason and all the rookies playing, being 2-2 right now is a pleasant surprise. I've seen alot of improvement this year in comparison to the last few years. This team is heading in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, and the possibility of losing on the road to an undefeated playoff team shouldn't deter any optimism.

Bingo, love the real post. :respect:

respect comes with guessing on what the Bills bring and how the game goes. Could we have had a blowout today, easily. Minne just played chicago and almost won so now we are lost, no way. Rex is going to see a new side of speed and say oh man I need help.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Can someone do me a favor? jp-era has me on ignore, can you tell him he doesn't have to quote Ice's post in back to back posts. Reading it once was enough, 2 times is ok, 3 times makes me wanna :puke: Thanks

YardRat
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Can someone do me a favor? jp-era has me on ignore, can you tell him he doesn't have to quote Ice's post in back to back posts. Reading it once was enough, 2 times is ok, 3 times makes me wanna :puke: Thanks

Got ya' covered :D

Ingtar33
10-01-2006, 09:36 PM

couldn't have said it better

Kerr
10-02-2006, 12:42 AM
We are probably playing the best team in the whole entire nfl right now. Rex Grossman looks like a different qb and their defense is tough as hell. This would be a huge win for this team if they can go in there and upset the bears. One thing to our advantage is that fewell came from chicago, which is practically the same defense he brought over here. He'll have an idea on how stop their offense having faced it in practice. Same goes for jp. He'll have an idea on how to attack the defense having practiced against it all the time(example..viking defense is cover 2). Jp exploited their secondary today.Why do you think Brad Johnson started finding holes in the defense? Same thing. In reality, both teams are pretty even as far as that goes. I have no doubt they could go in there and hand the bears their first loss. Just have to hope for the best.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
ICE does make a very good point, though.

There were a lot of folks who were very high on the Bills after the win in Miami who were verbally crucifying the individual or individuals that they blamed for the loss to the Jets during this past week. Many of those people are pleased with this week's win over Minny and there is a hint of the same kind of euphoria already appearing in some of the posts again.

Don't get me wrong: the win against Minny was great and I am DELIGHTED by it.

But, the Bears are an excellent team that is hitting on all cylinders now and the Bills will be playing them onn their turf, where it is very tough to win.

No doubt, the Bills do have a chance to win the game. But, the odds against that happening are steep because they are going to have to play their best game of the season, just about perfect football, and hope that the Bears have a letdown or overlook them for that to happen. Still, it could. But, with the Bills being a young, inexperienced and as yet still inconsistent team, there's also a fair chance that the Bears could put a whuppin' on the Bills similar to the one that they just put on Seattle, a much more experienced, proven playoff-caliber team than the Bills.

If that happens, we all know that there are some folks who will be more than happy to jump on any and every single thing that goes wrong to support their negative views of the team, owner, GM, HC, OC or DC, QB, etc.--we all know that there is a columnist whose articles appear on the BZ front page every week who has yet to pick the Bills to win a game or say anything good about them when they have won who isn't going to say anything positive about the team and will continue to use any negative thing he can find to support his criticisms of the Bills until he gets named the team's President and GM. And, there are others whose views are not very dissimilar--he is just an extreme example of the folks that I am refering to.

There are also likely to be some folks who are not entirely certain of how they see what the Bills have done thus far this season who would be so disheartened were the Bills to have a bad game against the Bears that they just might be persuaded to focus simply on the negatives that would be right in front of them at that moment instead of putting those negatives into the larger context of an entire season.

IMHO what ICE is saying--and I agree with him in this--is that, if the Bears do have a good game and the Bills don't next week, it would be wrong focus just on that and not see that game in the context of the whole season and without taking into account the progress that most of us have seen the team making thus far.

Let me put it this way: Cincy and Seattle fans should not abandon all hope of their teams making the playoffs or even being Super Bowl contenders because they got their butts whipped by a couple of pretty good teams this week--and, if the Bills should get their butts whipped next week by arguably the best team in the NFL this season, Bills fans should not think that their team stinks or that it hasn't been progressing and improving, either. If the Bills win or keep the game close next week there should be no doubt that they have the makings of a pretty good team, but, even if they get beaten badly, that should not prevent Bills fans from putting that loss into perspective and still seeing the progress that most of us are now able to see that they have made thus far.

Just remember that the Bills are a young, inexperienced team and that even the best such teams have roller-coaster ride seasons at this stage of their development, where they can play brilliantly one week and lousy the next and still end up having gotten signficantly better by the end of the year.

shelby
10-02-2006, 04:00 AM
:goodpost:

ddaryl
10-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Chicago, more then likely is going to hand us our asses, but if we can at least make some plays and keep it a ball game I will be happy.

There will be no ship jumping as I already expect Chicago to be a reality check.

X-Era
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Id love nothing more than to win this game.

However, Ithink the Bears just might be the best team in the NFC and maybe the league right now. The blew up the Seahawks.

I love our chances. I think we get multiple sacks on Grossman and I dont think they run on us much at all. The D had some soft spots in the middle and their corners cant keep up with our speed. I f JP can play lights out mistake free football, we can win this one.

I dont expect a win, but I really feel good about our chances.

X-Era
10-02-2006, 06:40 AM
Got ya' covered :D

Can you do me a favor? I have TD on ignore. Please let him know that 1 anti-JP post was bad, 2 was worse, but somewhere between 3 and every damn post, ALL of us are constantly wanting to :puke:

For the life of me I cant figure out how he isnt banned for spam at this point.

ICE74129
10-02-2006, 06:41 AM
LBF and Shelby get it. I suspect much wailing and gnashing of teeth should our score look like the Seattle v Chicago game. JP will be a bust again and if we had 'X' QB instead (college or pro) we would have won the game blah blah blah.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
We'll beat chicago and be the talk of the league, mark my words.

madness
10-02-2006, 07:16 AM
I can't wait for all the ship jumping next week <!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->

Let me know if you need a push. :evil:

Bills will put up a good fight. That's all that should be expected. The D should give Rex some problems and the O will hopefully stay on the field long enough to give our D some rest but not long enough to keep Chicago's nasty D on the field. :confused:

A few big plays, solid D, no mistakes and anything can happen.

RedEyE
10-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Agreed, Ice. And I think you made some really good points there.

Chicago is a tough team to beat and even more tough on their turf. I really can't see us beating Chicago. The offense will have to put together a complete game (without the penalties) and the defense is going to have to win the turnover battle.

That's not to say that it's impossible, but it is to say that it's very unlikley.

Now Grossman could finally break down and give the Bills the edge, but he's riding high on momentum right now and I don't see him coming down anytime soon.

The Bills highest score this year has only been 20 points. They have to become more effecient on offense to beat teams like Chicago.

Nope...I think this game snaps a few people back into reality.

Chicago's game 28 - 13

alohabillsfan
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
In light if our very own "professional" pig skin pick-em (you know who he is, rhyms with mice) I will offically be jumping off the ship immediately, the reason you ask? Well, if he, (mice) is right, then I can beat the rush and jump off first, and if he (mice) is wrong then I can be the first to jump back on!!:dance:

Seriously, I agree with most if we can take it to the 4th quarter with respectability (24-14 or somthing like that) I will be pleased, just cut the dam penalties in half and someone find Jauron a red hanking, does he have one?

Saratoga Slim
10-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Agreed, Ice. And I think you made some really good points there.

Chicago is a tough team to beat and even more tough on their turf. I really can't see us beating Chicago. The offense will have to put together a complete game (without the penalties) and the defense is going to have to win the turnover battle.

That's not to say that it's impossible, but it is to say that it's very unlikley.

Now Grossman could finally break down and give the Bills the edge, but he's riding high on momentum right now and I don't see him coming down anytime soon.

The Bills highest score this year has only been 20 points. They have to become more effecient on offense to beat teams like Chicago.

Nope...I think this game snaps a few people back into reality.

Chicago's game 28 - 13

I'll be very happy if we play just like we have the past 4 - keep it close and be in a position to win with a few breaks. I'm not going to be upset at all if we see another result like the Jets or the Pats games.

Our offense is going to have a rough ride against Chicago's defense, there's no doubt about that. We'll be lucky to put many points on the board.

That said, I'm not any more worried about Chicago's offense than I was about the Pats, Jets, or Vikings', yesterday's win over the Seahawks notwithstanding. Chicago's O-line is not the same caliber as Minny's (McKinnie-Hutchinson-Birk etc) and there's no reason to think that we can't get pressure on Grossman and force him make a few mistakes--which he is certainly capable of doing. I think our offenses are actually quite similar: young QBs with potential to make big plays or big mistakes, emphasis on the run with good RBs, and moderate offensive lines. Our defense has played pretty consistently and hasn't let anyone of the previous four opponents burn them for big numbers.

This could easily be a close, defensive game like the last four we've seen and with a few lucky breaks, I'd say there's a marginal chance of pulling off a major upset.

However, I'll definately agree with ICE and Co. on the point of this thread: if Chicago comes out with all guns blazing like they did against Seattle and sends the BIlls home with an ugly goose egg, all is not lost by any stretch of the imagination.

Bling
10-02-2006, 01:48 PM

Basically you're blind to reality... only when it's in your favor? I'm just saying....