PDA

View Full Version : My Gameball goes to McGahee

Inetpub
10-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Why?

Heres a guy that did EVERYTHING we asked him to. Its not his fault Fairchild kept calling runs down the middle through the Williams'. He ran the ball hard and was the player that got banged up the most. But he did everything we asked. SCored the TD with a 1 handed leap. Blocked. Improvised on the run. I dont care how much yards he had or his yards per carry. When he does that much and gets tossed around that many times and yet still keeps going, you gotta give him the gameball.

Mahdi
10-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Why?

Heres a guy that did EVERYTHING we asked him to. Its not his fault Fairchild kept calling runs down the middle through the Williams'. He ran the ball hard and was the player that got banged up the most. But he did everything we asked. SCored the TD with a 1 handed leap. Blocked. Improvised on the run. I dont care how much yards he had or his yards per carry. When he does that much and gets tossed around that many times and yet still keeps going, you gotta give him the gameball.
I totally agree, especially his pass blocking, it was amazing. His block that levelled Kevin Williams was awesome. He also ran extremely hard.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-02-2006, 06:35 AM
I would make an argument for JP also I thought this was the most comfortable I have seen him look by far.

ICE74129
10-02-2006, 06:38 AM
JP hands down was the MVP yesterday.

Michael82
10-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I would make an argument for JP also I thought this was the most comfortable I have seen him look by far.
but that's because you aren't Craig Nall's number 1 fan. :snicker:

Inetpub
10-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Its widely known Im not the biggest JP supporter. I do admit he had a solid game. Mistake free. I think the system Fairchild has him playing in really works for JP. My only problem is that mistake free isnt playing your best. For me to give JP the gameball, I want him to go out there and use his weapons. Gun afew in the air. Run out of the pocket more. Maybe take some risks this offense doesnt allow him to.

1 td games dont do much for the offense. And even then, the TD he did get in the game was 99% Peerless Price. The ball was underthrown. I dont think we have plays that call for an underthrown ball to be run for a TD. For me to give JP the player of the game, I'd like to see him control the time well(he did use afew timeouts in the middle of the game rather than save them because he didnt know what was going on), take some more control of the game with stellar passes for TDs. a 3 TD game and I'll give him the gameball. a 1 td game because the receiver did an awesome job getting the touchdown is iffy at best.

Meanwhile, On the McGahee front, sure he didnt run the best(78 yards). But he ran what he was asked to run. We asked him all day to run into the Williams. I guarantee 80% of his plays today were to run down the middle. I dont know what Fairchild was thinking but WOW. It doesnt work vs the Williams. Everytime he ran outside he'd pick up 6 yard. Everytime he ran to the middle he'd get 1. Those arent plays that McGahee are calling so I dont blame Mcgahee for the play calling.

Anyways, He ran hard in the game. He ran smart in the game (going outside when he hit a wall). He ran the time down when we asked him. He scored for us with an amazing 1 handed reach. He BLOCKED when we asked him. And he was bruised up, flipped, bashed and pushed around. The only thing that we didnt ask him was to lead the NFL in rushing, and even then hes still leading.

McGahee for GameBall

Typ0
10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
I saw JP gunning some through the air. I saw him throwing on the run. He needs to learn balance of when to do those things and when not to. He's doing fine.

patmoran2006
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
JP gets the glory this week, and deservedly so..

Agreed.. McGahee gets my game ball.. He ran HARD.. He played with ENTHUSIASM and his pass blocking was OUTSTANDING..

His ypg wasnt great, but he ran hard between the tackles, good enough to keep Minny's defense honest if nothing else, which is what its all about for this offense.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Its widely known Im not the biggest JP supporter. I do admit he had a solid game. Mistake free. I think the system Fairchild has him playing in really works for JP. My only problem is that mistake free isnt playing your best. For me to give JP the gameball, I want him to go out there and use his weapons. Gun afew in the air. Run out of the pocket more. Maybe take some risks this offense doesnt allow him to.

1 td games dont do much for the offense. And even then, the TD he did get in the game was 99% Peerless Price. The ball was underthrown. I dont think we have plays that call for an underthrown ball to be run for a TD. For me to give JP the player of the game, I'd like to see him control the time well(he did use afew timeouts in the middle of the game rather than save them because he didnt know what was going on), take some more control of the game with stellar passes for TDs. a 3 TD game and I'll give him the gameball. a 1 td game because the receiver did an awesome job getting the touchdown is iffy at best.

Meanwhile, On the McGahee front, sure he didnt run the best(78 yards). But he ran what he was asked to run. We asked him all day to run into the Williams. I guarantee 80% of his plays today were to run down the middle. I dont know what Fairchild was thinking but WOW. It doesnt work vs the Williams. Everytime he ran outside he'd pick up 6 yard. Everytime he ran to the middle he'd get 1. Those arent plays that McGahee are calling so I dont blame Mcgahee for the play calling.

Anyways, He ran hard in the game. He ran smart in the game (going outside when he hit a wall). He ran the time down when we asked him. He scored for us with an amazing 1 handed reach. He BLOCKED when we asked him. And he was bruised up, flipped, bashed and pushed around. The only thing that we didnt ask him was to lead the NFL in rushing, and even then hes still leading.

McGahee for GameBall

It was JP's 16 yard scramble and key throws that brought them down to that position for Price to make the TD.

WR's make great catches on poor throws every week for TD's. I don't hear anybody discrediting the QB for them teams on them passes.

I guess if the QB throws a perfect pass and touch and falls softly into the WR's hands for a completion for a TD then you can discredit him too because the QB put the ball in there so good that there isn't anyway he could drop it.

I see diving TD catches, 1 handed TD catches, jumping in the air and taking it out of the hands of the CB and keeping both feet in bounds for TD's and many more every week. They should just erase them TD's off the QB's stat line because it was 99% of the WR that made the TD possible.

When a RB gets a great block which springs a 30 yard TD run it was 99% of the OL'n that allowed him to get the TD. All the RB had to do is trot in. Without the pancake by the lineman the RB would've been tackled for after 5 yards.

And JP didn't use his weapons? 70% of his passes for 222 yards. That's a pretty solid job of using his weapons. Not to mention plenty of big 1st down throws.

Thurmal
10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
McGahee was HUGE on third down yesterday.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Look at JP's situational stats. Especially on 3rd down and 2nd/3rd and long. They are lights out.

On 3rd and 11+ JP is 9-10 for 85.

On 3rd and 6+ yards JP is 15-22 for 139 yards.

On 2nd and 8-10 yards JP is 10-13 for 86 yards.

JP is completing passes when we need them when we're behind the 8-ball with a long distance to go.

Look at all the huge passes he has made on 2nd/3rd and long when we needed it. Especially yesterday. Multiple penalties backs us up to I think it was 2nd and 20 or something similar to that. His arm gets us the 1st down. That wasn't the only one that game.

JP made tons of passes to keep the chains moving and take us down the field. Both scoring drives were from JP's arm/legs taking us down the field. The first TD drive he went 5-6 for about 55+ yards. The other one he completed big passes and a huge and important scramble when it should've been a sack. His arm and legs took us down for that TD. But because Price made a nice play JP doesn't deserve any of the credit.

JP carried this team yesterday and made multiple big plays when we desperately needed them.

This team is following JP and believes in him. He is turning into a star and a leader of this team before our eyes. This team no longer doubts him. We got rid of the cancers last year and now JP is shoving it up their ass on their way out.

Inetpub
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
JP played well. I dont knock good stats when I see it. McGahee played better. He was HUGE when we needed him to burn time and get that first down. HUGE!

FYI, JP or Fairchild still needs to work on time management. His 2 pass attempts at the end of the game failed to produce the first down. That let the vikes another chance to come back. Either Fairchild was sleeping or JP was on drugs but why didnt we just run and waste time? Had we wasted the time with 2 runs, the vikes had no chance to come back.

YardRat
10-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I LIKED the fact that Fairchild kept pounding the ball into the middle...he didn't abandon that part of the run game. It set up the outside lanes and the passing attack. Of course, if we would have lost, I'm sure some would be calling him a dumb-ass right now for sticking with some plays that 'obviously weren't working' and his play-calling skills in general would be critcized.

JP had a great game. So did McGahee. So did the defense.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
I agree 100% Willis looked like a completely different person especially in the pass blocking department.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Willis said that he "owed a pass block because of the one he missed last week". Well that kind of makes me sick. I want him to show up every week with the same vigor...but I guess he doesn't 'owe' one any more. I call BS on that crap. Find a mindset where you perform at your best. Warm up to get yourself in that mindset every week and play that way. That is the mark of a true professional in any field.

Mahdi
10-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Willis said that he "owed a pass block because of the one he missed last week". Well that kind of makes me sick. I want him to show up every week with the same vigor...but I guess he doesn't 'owe' one any more. I call BS on that crap. Find a mindset where you perform at your best. Warm up to get yourself in that mindset every week and play that way. That is the mark of a true professional in any field.
Im pretty sure he was just owning up to the mistake he made the week before, I highly doubt he's just going to sit back and watch JP eat the ball now that he made up for it.........