• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

So, it appears that we may finally have some pieces to the puzzle

Nows the tricky part.

Will Marv pony up the cash to keep these guys in Bills uni's?

McGahee is having his breakout year so far. His stats may not show it but he has shown speed that we havent seen and his break tackle ability is way way up. Heck, he even made some key blocks in this game :) I especially like the TEAM attitude he seems to be developing. He commented on how he owed the team a block in this game after blowing one last week. True "me" players wont admit they are wrong. I have been heavily critical of McGahee but hes becoming one heck of a RB in my mind. He signed through next year. But, the question is, will Marv have the nards to pay him top 5 RB money. If he keeps up his good play and attitude, hes gonna be worth it. Im not willing to underestimate the difficulty in finding a new star RB. We tried for many years and didnt do so hot. We finally have one, lets keep him.

Many here are clamoring for a LT from the top round of our next draft. I cant disagree more. Gandy is a UFA after this year but hes young and has played decent. Hes never going to be a top 5 LT. But he is solid. I say pay him and look for a later round guy to back him up. The LAST thing we need is a rookie LT who may take 3 years to develop but who in the meantime is getting Losman killed and taking stupid penalties. Hell, we could even pick the wrong one again like Big Doofy Mike. Once you get something good dont screw with it. Gandy can be resigned and it wont break the bank. Just do it.

Clements is NOT worthy of being franchised, nor is he a top 5 CB. But, do we really want to go through the pains of an all new CB? Dont we remember McGee in his first year or so? How about the Ken Irvin years? Or even Smith. Once you get one who can play, you hang on to them. Letting Clements leave seems like a good thing, but who replaces him a rookie? It would need to be a high pick, Youbouty might do it but he hasnt even seen the field yet. Do we really want to spend yet another 1st rounder on a CB? Personally, I dont. I want another offensive playmaker to give us a SB caliper offense. I might just be worth it to slightly overpay Clements and hope he regains pro-bowler status.

I guess I feel like I want to add to the mix with a few key playmakers but not make major cuts. Losing guys like Gandy, McGahee, or even Clements may seem prudent at the time, but if we dont upgrade, we downgrade. This team seems to finally be putting the pieces together and getting out of mediocrity. Why take a chance on screwing it up and heading south again?

• BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: So, it appears that we may finally have some pieces to the puzzle

It doesnt look like we will be picking high enough, but I iwould love Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Re: So, it appears that we may finally have some pieces to the puzzle

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
      It doesnt look like we will be picking high enough, but I iwould love Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech.
      That dude is frikkin incredible! I used to think Dwayne Jarrett was better, not anymore.

Dwayne Jarrett may be a real possibility though. I see him being a mid 1st rounder on a few draft sites. Hes tall, fast, gets open, and makes all the catches.

I love that kid Buster Davis, hes a Flecther clone. He even looks just like him.

Comment

Working...
      X