PDA

View Full Version : Ankle sprain ousts Villarrial

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Offensive line depth was one of the big question marks going into the season for the Buffalo Bills. That depth could be put to the test next week. The Bills lost right guard Chris Villarrial to a high right ankle sprain early in the second quarter and he did not return. Ankle sprains of that nature, depending on severity, could take up to four to six weeks to heal. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061002/1064952.asp)

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 08:11 AM
if Preston is even remotely competent, this could be a blessing in disguise. I'm not sold on Preston yet, but I know Villarial sucks and he's getting old. Hopefully Duke can step it up.

HHURRICANE
10-02-2006, 08:14 AM
I hate our OL. I knew Villareal was not going to stay healthy the whole season but I was hoping he would make it to week 8. Behind Preston, who sucks, we have .... nobody. It's freakin scary!!

Philagape
10-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Villarrial's been awful. It would be hard to do worse.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 08:35 AM
As I pointed out last week, Villareal is HORRIBLE. When we try to zone block he is the only one of all five of our OL that does not even touch anyone, he cannot seem to grasp the concept that you always pick up the inside blitz, not the outside.

This is a great chance for yet another one of our young guys to come in and get the only kind of good experience I know, game exp.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Preston was horrible yesterday as well. I think he sucks, to be honest. Worse than Villarial.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Preston was horrible yesterday as well. I think he sucks, to be honest. Worse than Villarial.He is going to be good.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Preston was horrible yesterday as well. I think he sucks, to be honest. Worse than Villarial.
yeah...but at least he has the potential to improve...Villarial is on the downside of his career

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
He is going to be good.

He's got a heck of a long way to go.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 08:46 AM
yeah...but at least he has the potential to improve...Villarial is on the downside of his career

Agreed. I agree 100% that Villarial is no longer effective. I'm just saying, don't expect Duke to step in and become much better right away.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
He's got a heck of a long way to go.
He looked damn good last year when he was asked to play, he might have been caught a bit off guard this week but he will improve.

TigerJ
10-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Villarial was the offensive lineman who was least likely to make it through the season healthy, and fortunately that was one of the two positions where the Bills had the strongest depth. Preston may not be an all pro, but he's more ready to play than Brad Butler at RT

bigbub2352
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Preston was put in against two all pro DT for his first action of the season so i will give him a pass this time but his real test will be next week against Tommie Harris who is the prototype for the DT in the cover 2 defense, Villareal sucks he has sucked since we signed him and is constantly hurt, he has not played a full season sionce he signed him, let the kid play and see whaat hes got

bigbub2352
10-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Preston was put in against two Probowl DT and his first action of the season, that is tuff, he didnt play well but could rebound his real test is gonna be a gainst Tommie Harris he is the prototype DT for the cover 2 DEF, Villereal sucks and has not played a full season since he signed him, let the kid play and lets see what he has

bigbub2352
10-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Preston was put in against two Probowl DT and his first action of the season, that is tuff, he didnt play well but could rebound his real test is gonna be a gainst Tommie Harris he is the prototype DT for the cover 2 DEF, Villereal sucks and has not played a full season since he signed him, let the kid play and lets see what he has

HHURRICANE
10-02-2006, 09:01 AM

Preston does suck and I don't see alot of upside. That's why I was hoping that Villareal would last a little longer just so we had depth in case somebody else went down.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2006, 09:02 AM

preston wasn't impressive at all yesterday.mcnally is going to have to do some extra work with him this week.

jamze132
10-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Hopefully Vilarial will find his way to the IR.

It's time for Levy to do some more house cleaning.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 09:12 AM
He looked damn good last year when he was asked to play, he might have been caught a bit off guard this week but he will improve.

What games were you watching? He didn't look anywhere near "damn good" when he was on the field. He looked horrid.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 09:18 AM

Did he look "damn good" because he was damn good or did he look that way because you want him to look that way.

Myself and everyone else sure didn't think he looked damn good. Neither did the front office and coaches or he would've been starting.

Villarrial is fragile. I knew he wouldn't last long. He gets hurt every year. When I saw him laying on the ground I just shook my head.

We're in trouble with Preston as our starter. We needed to bring in another guard in the offseason. Either by FA or the draft. Would've prefered somebody good but that didn't happen. I would've settled for somebody decent. Anybody better then Preston. It wouldn't have taken much.

Our already improved but still shaky OL just took a big hit. This is gonna seriously hurt this team. Villarrial sucks but he's still better then Preston.

Kerr
10-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Out of all the linemen next week, Preston needs to be prepared the most.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Did he look "damn good" because he was damn good or did he look that way because you want him to look that way.

Myself and everyone else sure didn't think he looked damn good. Neither did the front office and coaches or he would've been starting.

Villarrial is fragile. I knew he wouldn't last long. He gets hurt every year. When I saw him laying on the ground I just shook my head.

We're in trouble with Preston as our starter. We needed to bring in another guard in the offseason. Either by FA or the draft. Would've prefered somebody good but that didn't happen. I would've settled for somebody decent. Anybody better then Preston. It wouldn't have taken much.

Our already improved but still shaky OL just took a big hit. This is gonna seriously hurt this team. Villarrial sucks but he's still better then Preston.
He looked bad yesterday sure. But last year he looked impressive. Go back and watch, if you need film I'll mail you some.