• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

If we want to get respect

If we want to get respect, don't go barely squeezing out a win against the Vikings or losing to the Jets (although they did play the Colts tough).

We gotta beat, better yet, dismantle a big time team like Chicago - ON THE ROAD.

Look at the Patriots killing the Bengals in Cincy yesterday. They got big time respect.

Beating the Bears isn't just for a 3-2 record. It's for our confidence, our swagger for the rest of the season. You want respect, go take down the Bears this weekend.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

Re: If we want to get respect

I don't know how much respect we would garner if we beat the Bears.

If we beat them, the talking heads will call it a classic situation of the Bears looking past the Bills.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I think they're earning it around the league already.

Howie Schlong said it on the halftime show yesterday.

Something to the effect of..."A lot of people discounted Levy and Jauron before the season. They're regretting that now."

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Skooby, please release Mr. Miyagi unharmed. You have your whole life ahead of you. Pos rep is over rated.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
          • Jul 2005

it's going to be a tall order, but you're right. taking down the Bears in Chicago would put the Bills instantly on the map. especially after the Bears just dismantled the Seahawks and put themselves on top of the NFC heap.
          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            We gotta beat, better yet, dismantle a big time team like Chicago - ON THE ROAD.

Look at the Patriots killing the Bengals in Cincy yesterday. They got big time respect.
            Never say never but I want the Bills to progress as the season moves forward. It's a 16 chapter book and some of the chapters will be stinkers with a new staff , while trying to learn which players can win for you. That's basically what 2006 is all about, IMO. I'm still bullish long term on this team, based on what I'm seeing. Progress IS evident.

I can't say I expect a win at all next Sunday. If we lose say 35-10 and JP gets a couple picks, I'm not going to be all upset. The Bears are a much more talented team and playing A+ football right now. Playing hard and hope to steal one, is more realistic.

The Pats got respect ? When did they lose any, over the last few years ?
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

I got a better Idea. Just keep trying to improve, wins or losses, and let the season play out. Be competitive in games throughout the season.

We now go from knowing we are rebuilding to kicking the hell outta chicago at thier place? This was a loss when the schedule came out and from what I saw them do to Seattle, I don't see that changing. I will be happy if they don't blow us off of the field at this point.

There are things to realistically expect at this point and some that you don't. If we are competitive then I am happy with that....at this point and time with this team. Next year at this time...different story.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                If we beat them, the talking heads will call it a classic situation of the Bears looking past the Bills.
                Looking past to what? To an away game against the Cardinals?

I don't think people will be saying that. Beating Chicago at Soldier Field would definitely give the Bills a big boost nationally.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I could care less about respect from the blow hard media. All I care about is getting wins. We could win every week and the blow hard media could continue to say we're crap. Makes no matter to me whatsoever.

Comment

• G. Host
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2002

I'll be depressed whatever happens. I need to work mids 7 PM to 7 AM during this period so I get 4 hours of sleep, rush over to Op's house, go back home to take a nap before returning to work at 7 PM.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I could care less about respect from the blow hard media. All I care about is getting wins. We could win every week and the blow hard media could continue to say we're crap. Makes no matter to me whatsoever.
                      Agreed who cares what the clowns think?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

The season is long... and in a lot of ways it matters how you finish, not how you start... as long as we're in the hunt, we will always have a chance.

I like how the bills seem to improve, game by game.

You need that for a season to be successful, because you know other teams are going to improve (while some come apart).

The Steelers weren't the best team in the league at the start of last season, but they finished stronger then anyone else. You could say the same thing for the Pats their first superbowl run.

No, I’m not saying we can win a superbowl, but I am saying is that as long as the team keeps taking steady steps forward, we'll be right in the mix at the end of the season, playing meaningful games in dec.

And that... is beyond anything I thought possible in August.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                          The season is long... and in a lot of ways it matters how you finish, not how you start... as long as we're in the hunt, we will always have a chance.

I like how the bills seem to improve, game by game.

You need that for a season to be successful, because you know other teams are going to improve (while some come apart).

The Steelers weren't the best team in the league at the start of last season, but they finished stronger then anyone else. You could say the same thing for the Pats their first superbowl run.

No, I’m not saying we can win a superbowl, but I am saying is that as long as the team keeps taking steady steps forward, we'll be right in the mix at the end of the season, playing meaningful games in dec.

And that... is beyond anything I thought possible in August.

that just about sums it up right there. Every coach in the league has to know that peaking at the end of the season and being healthy is what takes you to the promise land. Sure, we have young players...but they aren't going to be so young week 17. Like you, I kind of figured we were going to suck some wind at the beginning of the season but improve to the point we could be very optimistic about next year...but heck we might just be able to hang through week 12 and be at 500 or maybe even a game over...and then consider the possibilities! It's called positioning.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Skooby, please release Mr. Miyagi unharmed. You have your whole life ahead of you. Pos rep is over rated.
                            Lol, awwwhh shucks he was just starting to sympathize with me too.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

I wasen't too sure about yesterday's game, but beatings the queens proved alot to me, I don't care if it should've been a blowout, or Moorman's punts, or Lindell's missed kicked...I don't care about none of that...W is what matters to me....we got a week to plan a good playbook, work on our mistakes, get the Warrior back, ad go out on Sun with the same fire we've shown in these last 4 weeks......I'm definetly confident....Team growing right in front of eyes....couldn't feel better ... ....

GO BILLS!!!!!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞