X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Ashton Youboty

Why is this guy still inactive? He's not injured from anywhere I've seen. He's been inactive all this time due to a death in the family.

It's sad whenever somebody loses a close family member but he has to get his ass on the field. This is a wasted season for him. He hasn't had any kind of practice and hasn't even been participating in the games.

If my parents or somebody else close to me died I wouldn't be able to take off a couple months of work and let alone still be paid for it. Sorry about your misfortune but it happens to all of us. He's being paid and he needs to get his ass back to this team and learn something.

Any type of success for him is done for the year but he could still learn a lot to help towards next year or later in the season in a Dime Package role.

Anybody who orignally thought we could get rid of Clements after this season because we drafted Youboty isn't the case anymore. We defintely need Nate back next year and Youboty needs to join the team.

Like I said, I'm sorry about your mourning but all these other players are on the field shortly after their misfortune. Hell, Brett Farve played the next night after his father died.
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ashton Youboty

I think he can play, but he's not needed right now unless there was an injury. Thomas and Greer have done a decent job so there's no need to activate him. This year could be a learning year for him and he'll just have to be ready in case an injury occurs.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

"He isnt ready yet"

"He was drafted as a project"

"You have to be understanding"

Those are all explinations I have gotten when asking about it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Reggie Wayne played well after his brother got shot and killed last week.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kerr
          I think he can play, but he's not needed right now unless there was an injury. Thomas and Greer have done a decent job so there's no need to activate him. This year could be a learning year for him and he'll just have to be ready in case an injury occurs.
          He is a 3rd round draft pick. He could defintely be needed. Even if he wasn't needed then it still isn't an excuse for him not to be active on the team.

We don't need a lot of players right now but it doesn't mean we leave them inactive. He could be learning a lot of stuff and instead he's not even there. There's no reason to be inactive. This wasn't a 7th round draft pick. He could definitely be used at times. There is a reason behind it and not just because "we don't need him"

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
            "He isnt ready yet"

Those are all crappy explanations.

Projects are drafted all the time and are still active on the team. There isn't many 3rd round "projects". Them are left for late round draft picks.

We have been plenty understanding. That doesn't last for over a month though.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

the coaches probably dont feel comfortable enough with him yet since he missed most of training camp. I bet he starts to get more time on the field towards the end of the season.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                Reggie Wayne played well after his brother got shot and killed last week.
                Reggie Wayne is a vet who knows his teams offense. Youboty is a rookie who missed half of training camp. Not a good comparison.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Wow, the guy loses his mom and lets just get his ass out on the field. Real ****ing classy. He will get out there when he is ready.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    "He isnt ready yet"

" He missed most all of training camp, due to a unique family tragedy " is a viable explanation.

I'm sure later in the year, they'll slowly get him some playing time. Not making excuses for the guy but he wasn't going to do more than drink gatorade anyhow these past 4 weeks. Much ado about nothing
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

I think he is inactive because he is the Bills 5th best corner right now. Thomas and Greer are better than he is at this time.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        I think he is inactive because he is the Bills 5th best corner right now. Thomas and Greer are better than he is at this time.
                        Exactly. And keep in mind that if we make him active, another player has to become inactive. All the other players are contributing enough to want to keep them active. Kiwaukee Thomas has been a surprising find and is playing very well. He and McGee will likely move to the #1 and # 2 CBs on the team as Nate leaves next year (unless he takes a huge pay cut which I doubt he will).

If the secondary is doing well with what we have, why mess with it? Just b'cse he's a 3rd rd pick? C'mon!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Wow, the guy loses his mom and lets just get his ass out on the field. Real ****ing classy. He will get out there when he is ready.
                          When we lose somebody in our family we have 3 days to get over it and get our ass back to work. Is that classy of our companies?

He didn't lose his mom last week. He's had 2 months. I only wish I could get 2+ months off when one of my parents go. Myself and everyone else will have 3 days. If we get approved for an extension we won't be getting a paycheck.

He's had plenty of time. He's not the only NFL player who has lost a parent. None of them took 2 months off.

We could get 2 months off of work at our jobs too but we would no longer have a job anymore.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

He has not had 2 months off. He is with the team and practicing. He is inactive. THat is no different than Shaud Williams or Brad Dutler being inactive.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              He has not had 2 months off. He is with the team and practicing. He is inactive. THat is no different than Shaud Williams or Brad Dutler being inactive.
                              He missed most of training camp right off the bat because of it. And he's inactive because he can't get his mind on his work.

If he's inactive because he's not even good enough to make the weekly roster then this was a terrible draft pick especially when we could've taken an OG that would definitely be helping us a lot more. That's even worse if he's just not good enough. Especially when many here talked about what a steal he was and how he should've been a 1st round draft pick.

Whatever the reason is it's not good when a 3rd round draft pick can't even make the weekly roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍