PDA

View Full Version : Fins Grumbling About Mularkey

DynaPaul
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Here's some excerpts:

With the Miami Dolphins staggering to a 1-3 start -- and losing Sunday on the road to the lowly Houston Texans -- we're told that some players on the team are beginning to grouse about the offseason decision to hire former Bills coach Mike Mularkey to be the team's offensive coordinator...

Told ya so!

...although Mularkey was a respected offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers before getting the top job in Buffalo, something isn't working in Miami. Maybe the effort to use the offense that Scott Linehan installed in 2005 with a different set of quarterbacks and a new coordinator is the problem...

No, the problem is that this knucklehead doesn't know how to call a game.

...And sooner or later the folks in Miami (ownership of the team included) are going to wonder whether the man hired to turn the thing around, Nick Saban, is really making any progress. We personally like the guy and he provides some great sound bites but this explanation of a goofy halfback quasi-reverse option pass on a potential game-tying two-point conversion sounds like something a two-bit high school coach would offer up: "It's like every other play," Saban said. "When it works, it's a good play and very innovative. When it doesn't work, it's a bad play. So it was a bad play because it didn't work."

Sorry Nick, but it was a typical boneheaded Mularkey trick play that blows up in your face.

www.profootballtalk.com

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm glad it isn't our problem anymore. The best thing about this is it's the Miami Dolphins problem now.

MikeInRoch
10-02-2006, 10:32 AM
TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. R.Brown pass to C.Chambers is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. (MIA 23 Brown attempted the halfback pass.) (Pass was tipped by HST 56 Greenwood.)

Enough said.

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2006, 10:33 AM
:rofl:

I can't get enough of it.

L.A. Playa
10-02-2006, 10:34 AM
that play was hilarious and funny to hear Saban say if it worked we would all be talking about what a genius move it was LOL

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
:rofl: I love Mularkey more than ever!

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
I bet Saban goes Buddy Ryan on Mularkey sooner or later.

Historian
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
:rofl: I love Mularkey more than ever!

I agree.

It's too delicious.

I can't wait to see him blow a three TD lead!

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Run another trick play Mularkey you buffoon!

MikeInRoch
10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
This columnist is always entertaining after a Dolphin loss... but today's is especially good...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sphyde02oct02,0,1958443.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

The Reliant Stadium top was closed, so you know the call couldn't be attributed to sunstroke. And Daunte Culpepper had just led two straight scoring drives in his first hot stretch as a Dolphin, so you know he wasn't asked to do anything on the play because he was hurt. Or tired. Or, well, had sunstroke.

Actually, Culpepper said, he was asked to do something on the two-point conversion attempt that sunk Sunday for good.

"I had to block," he said. "I was supposed to make a block."

So that's why they're paying him $50 million. To block someone with a game on the line. And that's why running back Ronnie Brown was the No. 2 pick in the draft. To throw a pass even if he's never played quarterback in his life.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
WGRs Brad Riter said he heard a rumor that there was now a firemularkey.com site out there...then someone told him it went by the name Finheaven :snicker:

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 10:40 AM
This columnist is always entertaining after a Dolphin loss... but today's is especially good...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sphyde02oct02,0,1958443.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

:roflmao:

Kerr
10-02-2006, 10:46 AM
I bet Saban goes Buddy Ryan on Mularkey sooner or later.

He would have to go all the way up to the booth to do that.

Historian
10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Fish fans probably never thought the would be longing for the good ol' days of Dave Wannestadt.

NJFINSFAN1
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Here's some excerpts:

With the Miami Dolphins staggering to a 1-3 start -- and losing Sunday on the road to the lowly Houston Texans -- we're told that some players on the team are beginning to grouse about the offseason decision to hire former Bills coach Mike Mularkey to be the team's offensive coordinator...

Told ya so!

...although Mularkey was a respected offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers before getting the top job in Buffalo, something isn't working in Miami. Maybe the effort to use the offense that Scott Linehan installed in 2005 with a different set of quarterbacks and a new coordinator is the problem...

No, the problem is that this knucklehead doesn't know how to call a game.

...And sooner or later the folks in Miami (ownership of the team included) are going to wonder whether the man hired to turn the thing around, Nick Saban, is really making any progress. We personally like the guy and he provides some great sound bites but this explanation of a goofy halfback quasi-reverse option pass on a potential game-tying two-point conversion sounds like something a two-bit high school coach would offer up: "It's like every other play," Saban said. "When it works, it's a good play and very innovative. When it doesn't work, it's a bad play. So it was a bad play because it didn't work."

Sorry Nick, but it was a typical boneheaded Mularkey trick play that blows up in your face.

www.profootballtalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com)

The problem is he is not using Linehan's offense, he is using his offense. He does not run the ball (Brown gets 14 carries against that horrible run defense???)
Culpepper played under Linehan's offense in his best years, throwing deep and using the TE which opened up the running game for the Vikings, you don't see that with the Fins.

His play calling just sucks.

Your getting blitzed up the middle all the time, do you think you might want to hit the TE over the open middle?????????????

It's just frustrating to all hell.

I did not buy the Superbowl talk before the season, but we should (All due respect to you guys) be 3-1 right now.

Okay, I'm done venting!:fit:

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
He would have to go all the way up to the booth to do that.

He'll probably go up there during halftime and throw Mularkey out of the booth!

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 12:56 PM
The Dolphins had just shredded the Texans on consecutive scoring drives to breathe some life into a game that was playing out like two garbage trucks colliding for three hours

:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 01:01 PM
but this explanation of a goofy halfback quasi-reverse option pass on a potential game-tying two-point conversion sounds like something a two-bit high school coach would offer up
:rofl: OMG where have we heard that one before?

Mad Bomber
10-02-2006, 01:08 PM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10105/coach_gadget.jpg

Bling
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I think some of you hate the Dolphins more than you like the Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
I bet by now you hate Mularkey more than you like the Dolphins. :snicker:

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM

No, but when idiot fin fans tried to tell us that Mularkey was wrongfully criticized in Buffalo, it kind of made us chuckle.

Bling
10-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I bet by now you hate Mularkey more than you like the Dolphins. :snicker:

It's pretty close, but I love the Dolphins more...

Historian
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
No, but when idiot fin fans tried to tell us that Mularkey was wrongfully criticized in Buffalo, it kind of made us chuckle.

Chuckle?

Some of us peed our pants laughing!

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
I just love those quasi-reverse halfback option passes! :rofl:

Ingtar33
10-02-2006, 02:39 PM
was I the only one, watching that play, who thought of Gilbride and T.Henry's halfback option pass in the red zone vs the fins?

It seems M.Mularkey is channeling K. Gilbride's spirit....

:jig:

Im sorry, im laughing too hard just thinking about it to write more

Michael82
10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
He'll probably go up there during halftime and throw Mularkey out of the booth!
You are giving Saban too much credit. He's a moron and he should go back to college football before he ruins his reputation anymore. :snicker:

Michael82
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
was I the only one, watching that play, who thought of Gilbride and T.Henry's halfback option pass in the red zone vs the fins?

It seems M.Mularkey is channeling K. Gilbride's spirit....

:jig:

Im sorry, im laughing too hard just thinking about it to write more
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw the play. :roflmao: