• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Fins Grumbling About Mularkey

Here's some excerpts:

With the Miami Dolphins staggering to a 1-3 start -- and losing Sunday on the road to the lowly Houston Texans -- we're told that some players on the team are beginning to grouse about the offseason decision to hire former Bills coach Mike Mularkey to be the team's offensive coordinator...

Told ya so!

...although Mularkey was a respected offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers before getting the top job in Buffalo, something isn't working in Miami. Maybe the effort to use the offense that Scott Linehan installed in 2005 with a different set of quarterbacks and a new coordinator is the problem...

No, the problem is that this knucklehead doesn't know how to call a game.

...And sooner or later the folks in Miami (ownership of the team included) are going to wonder whether the man hired to turn the thing around, Nick Saban, is really making any progress. We personally like the guy and he provides some great sound bites but this explanation of a goofy halfback quasi-reverse option pass on a potential game-tying two-point conversion sounds like something a two-bit high school coach would offer up: "It's like every other play," Saban said. "When it works, it's a good play and very innovative. When it doesn't work, it's a bad play. So it was a bad play because it didn't work."

Sorry Nick, but it was a typical boneheaded Mularkey trick play that blows up in your face.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Fins Grumbling About Mularkey

I'm glad it isn't our problem anymore. The best thing about this is it's the Miami Dolphins problem now.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. R.Brown pass to C.Chambers is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. (MIA 23 Brown attempted the halfback pass.) (Pass was tipped by HST 56 Greenwood.)

Enough said.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

I can't get enough of it.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
          • Aug 2003

that play was hilarious and funny to hear Saban say if it worked we would all be talking about what a genius move it was LOL

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

I love Mularkey more than ever!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I bet Saban goes Buddy Ryan on Mularkey sooner or later.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                I love Mularkey more than ever!
                I agree.

It's too delicious.

I can't wait to see him blow a three TD lead!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Run another trick play Mularkey you buffoon!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

This columnist is always entertaining after a Dolphin loss... but today's is especially good...

The Reliant Stadium top was closed, so you know the call couldn't be attributed to sunstroke. And Daunte Culpepper had just led two straight scoring drives in his first hot stretch as a Dolphin, so you know he wasn't asked to do anything on the play because he was hurt. Or tired. Or, well, had sunstroke.

Actually, Culpepper said, he was asked to do something on the two-point conversion attempt that sunk Sunday for good.

"I had to block," he said. "I was supposed to make a block."

So that's why they're paying him $50 million. To block someone with a game on the line. And that's why running back Ronnie Brown was the No. 2 pick in the draft. To throw a pass even if he's never played quarterback in his life.
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

WGRs Brad Riter said he heard a rumor that there was now a firemularkey.com site out there...then someone told him it went by the name Finheaven
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                        This columnist is always entertaining after a Dolphin loss... but today's is especially good...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

Comment

• Kerr
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                          I bet Saban goes Buddy Ryan on Mularkey sooner or later.

He would have to go all the way up to the booth to do that.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Fish fans probably never thought the would be longing for the good ol' days of Dave Wannestadt.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                              NJ In The House
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                              Here's some excerpts:

With the Miami Dolphins staggering to a 1-3 start -- and losing Sunday on the road to the lowly Houston Texans -- we're told that some players on the team are beginning to grouse about the offseason decision to hire former Bills coach Mike Mularkey to be the team's offensive coordinator...

Told ya so!

...although Mularkey was a respected offensive coordinator of the Pittsburgh Steelers before getting the top job in Buffalo, something isn't working in Miami. Maybe the effort to use the offense that Scott Linehan installed in 2005 with a different set of quarterbacks and a new coordinator is the problem...

No, the problem is that this knucklehead doesn't know how to call a game.

...And sooner or later the folks in Miami (ownership of the team included) are going to wonder whether the man hired to turn the thing around, Nick Saban, is really making any progress. We personally like the guy and he provides some great sound bites but this explanation of a goofy halfback quasi-reverse option pass on a potential game-tying two-point conversion sounds like something a two-bit high school coach would offer up: "It's like every other play," Saban said. "When it works, it's a good play and very innovative. When it doesn't work, it's a bad play. So it was a bad play because it didn't work."

Sorry Nick, but it was a typical boneheaded Mularkey trick play that blows up in your face.

www.profootballtalk.com
                              The problem is he is not using Linehan's offense, he is using his offense. He does not run the ball (Brown gets 14 carries against that horrible run defense???)
                              Culpepper played under Linehan's offense in his best years, throwing deep and using the TE which opened up the running game for the Vikings, you don't see that with the Fins.

His play calling just sucks.

Your getting blitzed up the middle all the time, do you think you might want to hit the TE over the open middle?????????????

It's just frustrating to all hell.

I did not buy the Superbowl talk before the season, but we should (All due respect to you guys) be 3-1 right now.

Okay, I'm done venting!

Time To Ski!

Comment

Working...
                              X