PDA

View Full Version : DJ will prepare extra for this game

Kerr
10-02-2006, 10:41 AM
You know he'll want to stick to the Bears after getting dumped there years ago. I think I heard a lot of it had to do with injuries, which is why he only had one winning season there. Anyway, not only will this game be personal, it would obviously a big win for this team to go in there and upset the undefeated bears.
A lot of people don't seem to give us much of a chance right after they destroyed the seahawks last night. Our chances increase with every single little advantage we have as a bears opponent. They play the same cover 2 that the bills defense is based on. Fewell was their defensive backs coach, so he'll have an idea, roughly, of how approach this game. It's also to jp's advantage that he practices against this type of defense every week in practice. Hell, Marv might throw in a little insight having done broadcasting of their games last year. We thought it would be tough to run on the vikings front four, and it was, but they had success in this game with Willis by wearing them down in the fourth quarter. Fairchild has been given a lot of credit for not deserting the running game until the end. I expect them to take the same approach with this game. Oh yeah, I think A-train will see plenty of time in this game as well like against new england.

:bandwagon

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
If it's an advantage for us practicing against the Cover 2 defense they run then wouldn't it be an advantage for them practicing against the same Cover 2 defense that we run? And their Cover 2 defense is just slightly better then ours right now.

Just curious...

Kerr
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
If it's an advantage for us practicing against the Cover 2 defense they run then wouldn't it be an advantage for them practicing against the same Cover 2 defense that we run? And their Cover 2 defense is just slightly better then ours right now.

Just curious...
It gives us advantages over a team like the seahawks. It gives us a better chance to possibly pull out a win. Did you see how brad johnson found holes in our defense? He was with tampa and now with the vikings who have a cover 2. Cover 2 has its flaws. The bears are expected to win, but being familiar and being used to their schemes increases our chances. That's all i'm saying.