PDA

View Full Version : The Fewell Factor

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Don't forget that Perry Fewell was Chicago's DB coach last season. He knows the tendency of their players and the coaches' play-calling. He should be able to provide us with some insight on game-planning for the Bears.

I'll take any advantage I can get for this game.

Night Train
10-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't forget that Perry Fewell was Chicago's DB coach last season. He knows the tendency of their players and the coaches' play-calling. He should be able to provide us with some insight on game-planning for the Bears.

I'll take any advantage I can get for this game.

Solid point.

The King
10-02-2006, 11:15 AM
dont forget the Bears are still running the same defensive scheme Jauron brought in. If they play intellegent football and prevent turnovers...anything can happen.

Earthquake Enyart
10-02-2006, 11:17 AM
dont forget the Bears are still running the same defensive scheme Jauron brought in. If they play intellegent football and prevent turnovers...anything can happen.
This is not true.

Jauron's DC was Greg Blache who is now with Manboobs in Washington.

The Bears run a combination of the old Lovie Smith Tampa two, mixed with some Philly Jim Johnson / Buddy Ryan blitzing. Rivera was in Philly before the Bears.

PIZ
10-02-2006, 11:18 AM
They also know his tendencies.

billsburgh
10-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Jauron was also with Detroit last year as the D coordinator/Head coach. So yes, the staff should have a solid gameplan against the Bears since they already know alot about the team.

L.A. Playa
10-02-2006, 11:37 AM
this weeks game is a good week, the bills arent expected to even stay close, so if tehy lose no big deal, but if they win it will feel great for teh team and the fans

Mudflap1
10-02-2006, 11:54 AM
this weeks game is a good week, the bills arent expected to even stay close, so if tehy lose no big deal, but if they win it will feel great for teh team and the fans

Exactly right. Usually I don't get caught up in this BS, but look at these factors:

1. The Bears will be riding sky-high off of a big showcase win on Sunday night against a team many thought was one of the top 3 teams in the league. This is the NFL, where no one is going to go undefeated. A lot of times teams are set up for a big letdown after a high like this. Look at Seattle last week. Big win at home against the Giants. Then the Bears killed them.

2. Buffalo played Minnesota better than the Bears did. The Bills were basically in control for most of the game, where the Bears had to come back at the end to win.

3. No one is giving Buffalo a chance. So if they lose and/or lose big, it won't be a surprise. In fact, it's expected. Even Al Michaels last night said something to the effect of the Bears can be 7-0 easily because they only have Buffalo and some others in the next few weeks.

4. While the Bills are not ready yet, they are better than a lot of people have given them credit for.

5. Jauron, Fewell, and Levy are familiar with the Bears.

I think you have to say that the Bears should be favored and should win, but if there was ever a week for the Bears to be picked off, this is it. The Bills are scrappy and play physical football. I think they can hang with these guys.

Jon

The King
10-02-2006, 11:59 AM
This is not true.

Jauron's DC was Greg Blache who is now with Manboobs in Washington.

The Bears run a combination of the old Lovie Smith Tampa two, mixed with some Philly Jim Johnson / Buddy Ryan blitzing. Rivera was in Philly before the Bears.

News to me... thanks for the info. I thought it was still pretty true to form. I actually thought Jauron had more to do with the lineup than he does... but currently only 3 starters remain from Jaurons tenure... Alex Brown, Mike Brown and Urlacher.

juice
10-02-2006, 12:41 PM
On paper Fewell's defense matches up well against the Bears Offense.. they have a top 10 League passing game, while the Bills secondary is a top 10 unit.

The Bears have not run the ball very well this year and the Bills have not been able to stop the run over the past 2 seasons.. maybe the addition of Spikes and his leadership will be the difference in anchoring this young defense.

The Spikes factor could be huge if he is 100%.. this game will reveal if this is a Top 5 Bills defense.

ICE74129
10-02-2006, 12:44 PM
I think this is the week we gotta use their speed against them. The way to beat speed is run AT IT. I also run mis direction out the ass, counters etc. When the Bears D gets moving one way its at 100% full speed. They screw up one time and flow the wrong way and Willis is GONE!

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I think this is the week we gotta use their speed against them. The way to beat speed is run AT IT. I also run mis direction out the ass, counters etc. When the Bears D gets moving one way its at 100% full speed. They screw up one time and flow the wrong way and Willis is GONE!
Unfortunately we're basically running the same D, so we have the same weakness.

CAbills
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Man Spikes needs to come back this week Spikes, London and the way Crowell ahs been playing...scary.

Jimbuktu
10-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Sunday cannot come soon enough. I am really excited about this game.

bflojohn
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I've said this in another post, but here goes.... The Bills have to play smash-mouth football with the Bears and use the game plan that Carolina hit them with in the playoffs. Getting Lee Evans greatly involved (ala Steve Smith), could really help the Bills score some points. Fewell did coach the secondary of the Bears and he would have a greater understanding of what would work best against that pass-D. This contest will be a tough test for Buffalo, however, they are playing well, as a team, and can match the Bears intensity. I see it as a hard fought 24-20 victory for the Bills.

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I've said this in another post, but here goes.... The Bills have to play smash-mouth football with the Bears and use the game plan that Carolina hit them with in the playoffs. Getting Lee Evans greatly involved (ala Steve Smith), could really help the Bills score some points. Fewell did coach the secondary of the Bears and he would have a greater understanding of what would work best against that pass-D. This contest will be a tough test for Buffalo, however, they are playing well, as a team, and can match the Bears intensity. I see it as a hard fought 24-20 victory for the Bills.

if we win, the score will be lower than that. We haven't put up 24 yet this season and the Bears are the best D we've played.

I think the key is a score on ST. If the Bills can do that, avoid turning the ball over, and stop the run, I like their chances. Otherwise, it's gonna be a long afternoon.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Otherwise, it's gonna be a long afternoon.
And a long long ride home. :ill:

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 03:27 PM
And a long long ride home. :ill:

one of my good friends is a Bears fan and he'll be watching the game at my house- he'll be ragging on me all week if we lose.

When I go to the games, I always hate the ride home after a loss. I can't even turn on the radio and listen to all the post-game stuff- it's too depressing.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 04:09 PM
On paper Fewell's defense matches up well against the Bears Offense.. they have a top 10 League passing game, while the Bills secondary is a top 10 unit.

The Bears have not run the ball very well this year and the Bills have not been able to stop the run over the past 2 seasons.. maybe the addition of Spikes and his leadership will be the difference in anchoring this young defense.

The Spikes factor could be huge if he is 100%.. this game will reveal if this is a Top 5 Bills defense.

What is even best for juice is he will get to see Rueben Brown again. God knows he only talked about him for 3 years after he was released. :D

juice
10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
What makes it even tougher to watch is that the Bills have yet to fill that LG position.. and with the often injured Vallerial out for 4-6 weeks, RB will be the best starting guard on the field.

I don't think the Bills have had an All Pro O-Lineman since Ruben left.. maybe thats the reason the Bills QBs have been the most sacked over the last 3 seasons and JPL developed soo Quickly?

It's always easier to learn the QB position while your running for your life.:respect:

YardRat
10-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Reyes plays left guard, actually. And he's doing just fine. McGahee's had a lot more room to run to the left than the right so far this year.

If Villariel's presence would keep Ruben from the top of the list, then Brown's slipped quite a bit since he left Buffalo. Hell, V isn't the best guard on the Bills front line, let alone both teams.

Garza must really suck.

juice
10-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Beenie Anderson/Puscillo/Tucker.. I hope Reyes can break the cycle of Sub-par Bills guard play.