PDA

View Full Version : Officials

northernbillfan
10-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Are the officials being to tight with the flags for the end zone celebrations?

Let the guys celebrate as long as it doesn't get too out of hand. I understand the need to clamp down on the introduction of foreign objects ala Chad Johnson, but to throw the flag because another person entered the celebration, give me a break.

The rules have changed that the celebration can't be too long, can't include another player and can't have foreign objects introduced. When a player makes a game breaking score and celebrates, I think the officials need to lighten up.

It's crap like this that gives the league the moniker of the No Fun League.

Pride
10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
I think celebrations should be allowed for the HOME team only! That should be part of the home field advantage.

northernbillfan
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Very good point. :up:

northernbillfan
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
It becomes a taunting issue whent he visitors do it and jive towards the fans.

L.A. Playa
10-02-2006, 12:15 PM
someone asked Steve Smith why he didnt clebrate after his TD yesterday and he said : I'm done with that we are just doing what we are paid to do, and the fans want to see us do our jobs and keep our mouths shut, so thats what I am doing from now on"

Michael82
10-02-2006, 12:19 PM
someone asked Steve Smith why he didnt clebrate after his TD yesterday and he said : I'm done with that we are just doing what we are paid to do, and the fans want to see us do our jobs and keep our mouths shut, so thats what I am doing from now on"
But he's wrong. :(

Typ0
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I think it's a good rule. For one thing, there's nothing more embarassing than seeing some jerk celebrate a TD when his team is trailing by 30 points. I think they should ban end zone celebrations all together and just let the winning team celebrate on the field any way they want once the final whistle is blown. That way winning home teams can have a big dance celebration and what not. But a lot of this crap has to come to an end.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM

I don't see an issue with it.

I always preferred the Walter Payton/Emmitt Smith/Barry Sanders approach.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't see an issue with it.

I always preferred the Walter Payton/Emmitt Smith/Barry Sanders approach.

the soap opera homers, the real football fans, want to see chad johnson strip and throw his jock into the stands after a TD.

The_Philster
10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
No he's not....I rather enjoyed how the old Bills of the early 90s celebrated...by handing the ball to the ref

northernbillfan
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
And another thing that pisses me off about the No Fun League is that they've upped the fine this year to $2500 for throwing/handing/kicking the ball into the stands.

Are they going to fine the player who finds it in his heart to give an aprreciative fan a game ball? What if that fan is in a wheel chair? I've seen them hand out game balls to fans in wheel chairs all teh time.

Michael82
10-02-2006, 03:47 PM
And another thing that pisses me off about the No Fun League is that they've upped the fine this year to $2500 for throwing/handing/kicking the ball into the stands.

Are they going to fine the player who finds it in his heart to give an aprreciative fan a game ball? What if that fan is in a wheel chair? I've seen them hand out game balls to fans in wheel chairs all teh time.
Good post. That bugs me too. I love when the players throw the balls to the fans.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
I say let the players do what they want.

The NFL last I checked was about ENTERTAINMENT. I dunno about you, but I watch games because it's entertaining, once the game isn't entertaining, it gets turned off and I watch a different game. DirecTV is great.

Hell, even networks do it. The Pats game stopped being entertaining, so they switched over to the Redskins.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 06:46 PM

they only have a certain amount of balls in each game though. There is a long process they go through to approve those balls. It's not like baseball where they have an unlimited bag of official balls. They also have different balls for kicking than they do for regular play. I think there is only two kicking balls...and if one is thrown into the stands they are down to one.