PDA

View Full Version : One bad sign

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 04:45 PM
We haven't recorded a sack in two weeks. After sacking Christopher Reeves 7 times in week 2 we haven't seen one since.

We need to improve in this area. This defensive line still isn't very good. Ryan Denney still isn't the answer. I know some of you talked about him like he was Julius Peppers after week 2 but he is just an average player.

We need a pass rush. The Vikings haven't scored a TD in 3 games for a reason. It's because their offense is terrible.

I can't get too excited about our defense last week till we go up against a team who can actually score a TD. It looked good but the Vikings horrible offense made it look better then it actually was. We saw that example last week against the Jets.

If we can get a pass rush this could be a very good defense. We just don't have the DL right now to put consistent pressure on the QB with a 4 man rush.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
schobel has been invisible.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2006, 04:48 PM
We haven't recorded a sack in two weeks. After sacking Christopher Reeves 7 times in week 2 we haven't seen one since.

We need to improve in this area. This defensive line still isn't very good. Ryan Denney still isn't the answer. I know some of you talked about him like he was Julius Peppers after week 2 but he is just an average player.

We need a pass rush. The Vikings haven't scored a TD in 3 games for a reason. It's because their offense is terrible.

I can't get too excited about our defense last week till we go up against a team who can actually score a TD. It looked good but the Vikings horrible offense made it look better then it actually was. We saw that example last week against the Jets.

If we can get a pass rush this could be a very good defense. We just don't have the DL right now to put consistent pressure on the QB with a 4 man rush.

The Vikes had success running the ball and that was supposed to be a weakness of ours but the Bills have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 3 straight games.

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
The Vikes had success running the ball and that was supposed to be a weakness of ours but the Bills have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 3 straight games.

The Jets may not have a 100 yd rusher all season.

The Dolphins averaged 4.6 yards a carry but they have Mularkey so of course they gave up on the run after they went down by 10 points.

Chester Taylor has only went over 100 yards once this season. When we played a great running team in the Patriots they ran all over us.

Our run defense isn't cured by stopping Leon Washington and Derrick Blaylock of the Jets or stopping Chester Taylor.

It has improved but it isn't where we need it to be just yet. Luckily we don't go up against many dominant running teams the rest of the way.

We play the Patriots again which will be a true test. Chicago will be a test too. After that we don't run into a great running team until we play San Diego.

For our weakness we lucked out against great running teams this year. We have Detroit, Jets, Houston, Titans and Packers coming up. They can't run worth crap.

Some average teams that can run is the Colts and Jaguars. That should help us out and play into our hands some. It's not like last year when we went up against a great RB every single week.

How many great RB's do we go up against from them guys? LT and that's about it. That is good news. Detroit barely runs. Ahman Green is washed up. The Titans, Houston and the Jets have nothing. That will help play into our hands.

Besides this post was about a pass rush and ways to generate a pass rush.

patmoran2006
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I "sorta" disagree.

Sacks of COURSE are always nice as they make the offense lose down and distance.. You always want sacks. But a DL can be effective without them and Sunday was the PERFECT example.

Everybody will talk about JP's game, about Willis running hard, Price's amazing play, great INT's by the LB's and so on...but to me, the single biggest UNDERAPPRECIATED aspect of Sunday's game was the defensive line. not only did they do a great job of stopping the run, but even without a sack they pressured Johnson and even more importantly, got their HANDS UP and batted down several balls.. Fewell called a lot of zone blitzes and guys like Denney and Kelsay both batted balls.. IN fact, I think Denney tipped the ball that was picked by Crowell.

Now in future games I do agree, a sack is a big play.. But if we're stopping the run and knocking down balls at the line, I dont care what what the sack-line looks like.

Good post though

DMBcrew36
10-02-2006, 05:10 PM
christopher reeves.. lol

YardRat
10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Another bad sign...

The Bills offense has only generated 63 points over the first four games, an average of under 16 ppg (discounting the defensive TD against NE).

One TD and three FG's per game isn't going to cut it over the long haul. The defense needs a breather here and there also.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Even though the sack numbers aren't there...there is a pash rush present.

The QBs are just getting rid of the ball a hair earlier than "christopher reeves"

The Crowell pick occured by the inside pass rush and a tipped pass, just because you don't get to the QB before he throws doesn't mean we don't have a successful pass rush. Yes, the sacks would be nice though.

God, I'm not a homer, what am I doing in this post? lol