PDA

View Full Version : 64%

BillsFever21
10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
This is JP's completion percentage so far this year.

His haters said he wasn't accurate and was lucky to his the broad side of a barn. These must be some very big barns out there this season.

JP is in the Top 10 in QB rating, completion percentage, and there are only 4 full time starters so far this season with only 1 INT and JP is one of them.

Suck up your pride, bite your tounge and face the facts that you haters were wrong and a bunch of annoying PITA's.

If you still can't give JP credit so far this season then you're just not a Bills fan and don't want him to succeed for whatever reasons.

DMBcrew36
10-02-2006, 05:08 PM
it's amazing how improved he is since last season.

patmoran2006
10-02-2006, 05:09 PM
If Holcomb had a 64% comp percentage I'd say who cares.. But JP isnt just dinking and doinking.. He's been making some tough throws-- slants, outs, etc.

His stats may be SLIGHTLY overated right now, but he's playing VERY well.. Most importantly, he's playing within each week's game plan-- Jets game sorta aside.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
i'll take it every time. :up:

BAM
10-02-2006, 05:24 PM
JP Winman. :bf1:

SquishDaFish
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
He is also #1 in the NFL in com % on 3rd down.

YardRat
10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Jp's played very well over the first four games this year. I see no reason why he shouldn't continue to improve.

I still have yet to see a negative post about his play yesterday.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I think he's been doing great. I hope his TD to INT ratio gets better. I think that is a true test for a QB. Not that his is bad but it would be great if he would increase that ratio.

im4bflo
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
We've been saying it for two years, leave him in there!
But Williams and Mularkey jerked him around.
GO JPD!

Typ0
10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
We've been saying it for two years, leave him in there!
But Williams and Mularkey jerked him around.
GO JPD!

do you think last year would have been the same results? I don't.

Coach Sal
10-02-2006, 06:42 PM
People who complain about JP's accuracy, whether now or before this season, are either very ignorant, very biased, or both.

Because at Tulane, coming out of college, he set the school's career record for lowest interception percentage in school history with a mark of 2.73 (27 INTs in 987 attempts).

I don't care what school you play for or who the competition is, those are damn good numbers for a D-I QB for that category.

So, in a nutshell, he's always been an accurate QB over the long haul.

Goobylal
10-02-2006, 07:06 PM
I hope his TD to INT ratio gets better.
Yeah, because a 3:1 TD:INT ratio sucks.:D

SquishDaFish
10-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Typo if he would of played all year last year instead of getting jerked around hed be even better this year.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
People who complain about JP's accuracy, whether now or before this season, are either very ignorant, very biased, or both.

Because at Tulane, coming out of college, he set the school's career record for lowest interception percentage in school history with a mark of 2.73 (27 INTs in 987 attempts).

I don't care what school you play for or who the competition is, those are damn good numbers for a D-I QB for that category.

So, in a nutshell, he's always been an accurate QB over the long haul.
Good point coach, BTW I am here to admit that I was wrong about Vick.

im4bflo
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
do you think last year would have been the same results? I don't.
With the bad playcalling, and last years line, I doubt it.
But he would of been farther along for this year.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
With the bad playcalling, and last years line, I doubt it.
But he would of been farther along for this year.

I just don't agree with that at all. He was a deer in headlights last year standing out there waiting to get killed and have his confidence set back far along with it. He's a new player right now. There are so many people who underestimate the impact of an offseason mentally on a player. It's a time for what I call "composting" where you get to digest everything that took place. Typically you emerge stronger, more aware and more prepared for the next season...or for anything in any field after a period to compost. Then you start over with that on your side. Many, many people around here seem to think the only thing that means anything in a players development is playing in games.

bflojohn
10-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I remember that stat about 3rd down passing efficiency.... 71.8%, I believe! #1 in the entire NFL people, better than Manning, Brady, Pennington, Palmer or whoever else that has that stat tabulated! The other thing that is absolutely wonderful right now is his 1 INT in 4 full games! If he keeps this up, the Bills WILL be "in" every game they play. Out of the two fumbles, one was on him, IMO, so 2 turnovers per every 4 contests can make this team a contender! His 2006 season, so far, has been a unqualified success.

im4bflo
10-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I just don't agree with that at all. He was a deer in headlights last year standing out there waiting to get killed and have his confidence set back far along with it. He's a new player right now. There are so many people who underestimate the impact of an offseason mentally on a player. It's a time for what I call "composting" where you get to digest everything that took place. Typically you emerge stronger, more aware and more prepared for the next season...or for anything in any field after a period to compost. Then you start over with that on your side. Many, many people around here seem to think the only thing that means anything in a players development is playing in games.
I agree that you can learn by watching, without all the bodies flying by you, and you get to see the whole picture, but being in there, is as important, to get the feel of the game, and to let the game slow down, as it does in time, the more reps you take. And you learn to read defenses better in the line of fire.
Both are important.

ddaryl
10-03-2006, 04:26 AM
JP is looking better and better and that's all I was hoping to see from him this year. Steady improvement and some consistency.

However it stands to reason he is going to have some tough games where he doesn't look so good. I just hope when these games happen Bills fans give him a break and let him continue to get better instead of trying to blame him or crucify him.

ICE74129
10-03-2006, 05:52 AM
I think he's been doing great. I hope his TD to INT ratio gets better. I think that is a true test for a QB. Not that his is bad but it would be great if he would increase that ratio. Are you kidding me? 3-1???

YardRat
10-03-2006, 06:11 AM
JP is looking better and better and that's all I was hoping to see from him this year. Steady improvement and some consistency.

However it stands to reason he is going to have some tough games where he doesn't look so good. I just hope when these games happen Bills fans give him a break and let him continue to get better instead of trying to blame him or crucify him.

I don't see anything wrong with holding JP accountable if he makes a mistake. He can shoulder his share of the blame, just like any other player on the team.

I think he's played well enough to be at a level where questioning whether or not he should be starting is a moot point. There's absolutely no reason for 'looking over his shoulder' or 'fear of being benched'. It's now a non-factor as far as excuses go.

Jeff1220
10-03-2006, 06:46 AM
JP has looked very good, though I'd really like to see him hook up with the big play a bit more often. I know that should come in time. That said, I also don't really expect the Jets game to be the last mistake-filled game this season.

Tatonka
10-03-2006, 07:03 AM
JP has looked very good, though I'd really like to see him hook up with the big play a bit more often. I know that should come in time. That said, I also don't really expect the Jets game to be the last mistake-filled game this season.

in the latest article bout him on bb.com, losman said something along the lines that when the coaching staff gets more confidence in him and in the offense as a whole, they will start taking more shots.. right now, they are still being very consiervative as they build their confidence..

so basically.. the big play will come in time.

Typ0
10-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I agree that you can learn by watching, without all the bodies flying by you, and you get to see the whole picture, but being in there, is as important, to get the feel of the game, and to let the game slow down, as it does in time, the more reps you take. And you learn to read defenses better in the line of fire.
Both are important.

yeah. IMO he wasn't ready to play last season. He didn't need bodies flying by him...or crushing him. It already took him a whole season to recover from injury. It doesn't matter anyway...things are looking up now. One has to believe that something was done right instead of always bashing the past.

Typ0
10-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Are you kidding me? 3-1???

no, because he's going to obviously throwing more TDs. I'd like to see that percentage get better instead of getting worse. Then we will have one of the best QBs in the league.

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2006, 07:39 AM
A 3-1 ratio for the season would be probably be top-10 in the league.

Typ0
10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
A 3-1 ratio for the season would be probably be top-10 in the league.

right...but it's going to change with more TDs. I think 3-1 is great but it's not going to stay there.

BillsFever21
10-03-2006, 07:45 AM
That ratio will probably go down this week playing the Bears. I'm not looking foward to this game.

Typ0
10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
in the latest article bout him on bb.com, losman said something along the lines that when the coaching staff gets more confidence in him and in the offense as a whole, they will start taking more shots.. right now, they are still being very consiervative as they build their confidence..

so basically.. the big play will come in time.

good strategy. The same reason JP was benched last year. He wasn't building any confidence in there. He was being destroyed. If anything we should hail those coaches for sitting him down not crucifying him.

The King
10-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I think the coaching staff deserves quite a bit of credit too. With The way they approached JP this year. If they let him loose and he had a poor game against NE his confidence could've been lost, and who knows. But they knew enough to give him more and more every week to get him to the point that he is now. He will make his mistakes but the more Jauron and company release the reighns the more impressed I am.