PDA

View Full Version : I have a funny feeling too....

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
That the Chicago game is gonna look a lot like the NE game week 1. Buffalo will play them tough and may actually lead for a while, but Chicago will prove to be too much in the end.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah but you always think that the sky is falling.

OpIv37
10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah but you always think that the sky is falling.

I'll give you that, but I don't really think this is one of those times. Chicago is a damn good team and we're on the road. Even my nemisis WillisMcNasty said he doesn't think the Bills will win.

Anything can happen, which is why they play the games. The Bills are already doing better than anyone expected, but they will have to do significantly better yet to win this game.

gr8slayer
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll give you that, but I don't really think this is one of those times. Chicago is a damn good team and we're on the road. Even my nemisis WillisMcNasty said he doesn't think the Bills will win.

Anything can happen, which is why they play the games. The Bills are already doing better than anyone expected, but they will have to do significantly better yet to win this game.
I think everyone will see what a big difference having Spikes actually makes (again, assuming he plays, which he should)

Devin
10-02-2006, 10:20 PM
if the bills play Chicago the way the did NE id be absolutley thrilled win or lose.

Typ0
10-02-2006, 11:46 PM
I think we beat them by 10 myself.

mybills
10-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Anything can happen, which is why they play the games.
:faint:

:snicker:

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Is Op feeling OK?

BAM
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM

:jawdrop:

McGee will run one back this week. Maybe even Roscoe. They're upset about last week's performance.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
I picked Buffalo to win on my yahoo.com pro football pick'em - I always pick Buffalo no matter who we play.

gil
10-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I just keep going back to that Minnesota-Chicago game - Minnesota hung in there playing smart football and running the ball - albeit they were at home and they still lost, but a big play or two from the D or special teams could certainly swing it for us if we keep it close.

I am not expecting a win - I put our chances at 30%, but I have the same feeling as Op, that last year, this would have been a certain implosion, like the SD game - I don't see this team folding up the tents like that -- I see them giving another solid effort.

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Whoa

streetkings01
10-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I was thinking more the Bucs game last year

FlyingDutchman
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with Gilbert. We need a ST play and solid D. I know its cliche but we need mistake free football with no turnovers to have a chance. We have to make every red zone trip count. I think we're gonna need to do a lot of quick slant passes to have success moving the ball. Their D line is too rediculous to try and sit in the pocket for more than 3 seconds. Maybe running a lot from the shotgun would be a good idea. Whatever we do, we need a hell of a game plan to beat their D.

HAMMER
10-03-2006, 11:48 AM
:jawdrop:

McGee will run one back this week. Maybe even Roscoe. They're upset about last week's performance.

We are going to need a big play from special teams to win this week.

HAMMER
10-03-2006, 11:49 AM

You covered all your bases with this post, way to go out on a limb.

OpIv37
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM

what is it with people around here? Why does everything have to be going out on a limb to be meaningful?

HAMMER
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
what is it with people around here? Why does everything have to be going out on a limb to be meaningful?

Settle down there Sparky, I am just making an observation. You must have very high blood pressure.

Saratoga Slim
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I just keep going back to that Minnesota-Chicago game - Minnesota hung in there playing smart football and running the ball - albeit they were at home and they still lost, but a big play or two from the D or special teams could certainly swing it for us if we keep it close.

I am not expecting a win - I put our chances at 30%, but I have the same feeling as Op, that last year, this would have been a certain implosion, like the SD game - I don't see this team folding up the tents like that -- I see them giving another solid effort.

That's about where I'm at. my observations and predictions:

a) It'll be a f-in miracle if we score more than 15 points against Chicago's defense.

b) I'll be likewise surprised if Chicago scores a lot of points against the Bills's defense. remember, Chicago's offense is not in the same league as their defense. Rex looked good last week, but I put him in about the same category as JP at this point--he's still quite able to make mistakes. Also, I don't think their running game is any better than ours, and I'll take our receivers over theirs. If our defense shows up to play at a similar level to what they have done the past 4 weeks, and barring any Chicago defensive touchdowns, I don't see Chicago putting many points up either.

c) I'm sure the home field advantage will help Chicago, but Chicago can't be any worse to play at than New England, where our guys played real tough in their first game together. We also looked good at Miami, whether or not they suck. Chicago weather is more or less equivalent to Buffalo's, so winds and cold etc shouldn't be a deciding factor. Advantage Chicago, but I don't think our guys are going to be overwhelmed by the environment.

d) Jauron/Fewell/Fairchild will come in with a solid game plan, like they have the past four weeks. While we may question a few of the in-game play calls over the past weeks, it's hard to dispute that the Bills have been well prepared for each opponent. Plus, the Bills have the added advantage of Fewell's intricate knowledge of Chicago's system in devising a way to beat it. Maybe that (plus some outstanding execution and a play or two like Price on that TD run last week) will help us get a touchdown or two and a couple field goals.

Thus, I think we're looking at a New England-esque result. I think it'll be tight and that we'll be in the game through the 4th quarter, but that home field advantage and Chicago's edge on the defensive side will result in a few more mistakes by JP and the offense, and that'll be the difference in the end.

But like I said above, Rex Grossman is perfectly capable of making dumb decisions too, and who knows, maybe he does so at the wrong time and we'll catch a break. And maybe the Bears will be on an emotional low after thrashing the Seahawks last week. I'm not optimistic, but I'm not writing this one off yet.

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Go out on a limb? Stepping out of the front door would be a significant achievement for Op. He's the shut-in of the zone.

Ever saw that Ben Stiller movie Along Came Polly? Op is like him in the movie, avoids all things with any risks whatsoever.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
lol.

HHURRICANE
10-03-2006, 01:44 PM
Back to back blowouts never happen. I actually think that the Bills have a better chance of winning this game because of the way Seattle got blown out. Look at how teams typically play after blowouts.

Our gameplan needs to be pretty similar to this past weekends.

In the end I just don't want to get blown out!!