PDA

View Full Version : My apologies Willis...

RedEyE
10-03-2006, 07:53 AM
I said earlier last week that we would probably see A-Train a lot more in red zone and in short yardage situations. I came to this conclusion based on McGahee's weight loss in the off season which made me feel that he wasn't getting the added push needed to grab those small yards.

Well, Willis sure proved me wrong this week hammering forward play after play against a stingy Vikings run D and then bouncing one over the top to put it into the endzone. Without that new found athleticism a heavier McGahee most likel ywould have tried to power that ball into the endzone. Instead he got lift and stretched the ball across the line in a great last effort.

My apologies Willis. You've certainly shown you have the durability to et hings done.

Once again, this week we face another run stopping defense. One that will be even more difficult to overcome then in anything the Bills faced this season. While I don't feel we'll win this gave, I think that its very important to not lose track of the running game regardless of how many points we fall behind. The reason being is that against these "tougher" defenses, the line will adapt to getting off the ball faster, and will be forced to make better blocks for the running game. They'll develop a "memory" for the plays, if you will.

This will play key in playing teams that have less ability at stopping the run this season. The line will dominate lesser opponate DLs paving wide open lanes for Willis to charge through, inevitablely taking the heat off of Losman and the passing game. Controlling the clock and keeping opposing offenses off the field is Buffalo's greatest weapon. And it's a large reason why the Bills beat the Vikings this past weekend. A 12 minute edge in time is hard to sustain in today's NFL. This will prove most beneficial against upcoming opposing teams like the Colts, the Jets, and the Packers.

HAMMER
10-03-2006, 12:26 PM
I too am happy with Willis' effort this week, you have to make the blocks and he was much better.

ajsdx
10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
How do you think Willis is going to do against the Bears? I love setting up the run, but Chicago's front seven is pretty dominant....I'd say he'd be really lucky to get 100 yards and a TD.

HAMMER
10-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Minny's front seven is nothing to sneeze at, but yes it will be tough sledding.

TMAC24McGee
10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I too thought that Thomas should get more carries, but I no longer feel that way. Willis is leading the league in carries and yards, and besides not reaching paydirt as often has I would have hoped, Willis has been a beast. Against the Bears, he must continue to run hard and move the chains, or it will be a long day.

YardRat
10-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I'd still like to see Anderson get more carries, especially in short yardage situations.

ddaryl
10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
He started the year shoddy in New england, but last week vs: the Vikes I saw a RB determined to get the extra yard. He had energy to spare on most plays, and it look like he was having fun.

Also I liked reading his comments in the media after the Vikes game, he was prasing those around him and talking about himself like a player who can get better.

I hope wenever hear him proclaim himslef to be the best again, that's for the rest of us to decide.

Lexwhat
10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I'd still like to see Anderson get more carries, especially in short yardage situations.

Who's Anderson?

TMAC24McGee
10-04-2006, 03:55 PM
The only Anderson on the Bills is Tim...

L.A. Playa
10-04-2006, 03:57 PM
maybe OJ Anderson is coming out of retirement