PDA

View Full Version : FL's Power Rankings: Week 5

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Here we go again:

32.) Oakland--- A near win in Cleveland isn't enough to get them out of the basement.
31.) Tennessee--- A new QB, same crappy team.
30.) Detroit--- Say what you want, they suck.
29.) Tampa--- Unless Gruden has a miracle in his pocket, this team is headed for the bottom.
28.) Miami--- Loss to Houston, near loss to Tennesee, they stink. Culpepper is the next Drew Bledsoe
27.) Houston--- They beat Miami. Congrats. You still suck.
26.) Cleveland--- A win in Oakland normally would be considered impressive. Not this year.
25.) San Fran--- Could be lower, if the teams below them didn't suck so badly.
24.) Green Bay--- Brett Favre must have a death wish.
23.) Arizona--- With all the talent they have, you'd think they'd win a few games. It might be getting too late for Dennis Green and company.
22.) K.C--- An impressive win, except for the fact that it was the 49ers they beat.
21.) NY Giants--- Can you say "over-rated"?
20.) Washington--- I still think they suck, Brunell is 800 years old.
19.) Minnesota-- Loss in Buffalo proves they have many weaknesses.
18.) Buffalo--- Impressive win at home, over a mildly over-rated Vikes squad. Matchup with Bears will be a good measuring stick.
17.) NY Jets--- A near win vs the Colts, this team might contend for the AFCE, if NE's team plane crashes.
16.) Carolina--- On the rise
15.) St. Louis--- 3-1 record, if Bulger can stay healthy, this team can be dangerous.
14.) Jacksonville--- I just don't think they're that good. Losing to Washington proved my point.
13.) Pittsburgh-- Only one win keeps them out of the top 10
12.) New Orleans--- A nice story for the NFL and NO, unfortunately, they aren't that good.
11.) Dallas-- They didn't miss a beat after the TO debaucle.
10.) San Diego-- A top 10 team, barely.
9.) Atlanta--- How many 100 yard rushers can they get in one game?
8.) Cincy--- Hmmm, did someone say NE was done? Tell Carson and company that.
7.) New England--- Very impressive win on Sunday. Just when you write them off, they come right back and destroy Cincy. Should've known better.
6.) Denver--- A bye week prevents them from moving into the top 5
5.) Seatte--- OK, so I had them a bit high at 1 last week.
4.) Philly--- Dominating win, McNabb looks like his old-self, Philly might be the team to beat in the NFC.
3.) Baltimore--- Snuck one out vs San Diego. McNair might be the missing piece they were looking for.
2.) Indy--- A near loss to the Jets prevents them from being number 1.
1.) Chicago--- Total domination vs Seattle. Alexander, or no Alexander, they'd have won. Grossman is the early MVP of the NFL, IMO

hammerbillsfan
10-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Jacksonville was at Washington on the weekend.

mybills
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
11.) Dallas

Coincidence?

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Jacksonville was at Washington on the weekend.

Fixed.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
San Diego is better than you have them on there.

I think SD is a better team than Baltimore still. They had to play at Baltimore - and Baltimore barely came back in the end.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2006, 10:25 AM
San Diego is better than you have them on there.

I think SD is a better team than Baltimore still. They had to play at Baltimore - and Baltimore barely came back in the end.

Well, Baltimore beat them, hence the ranking.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Well, Baltimore beat them, hence the ranking.

Those kinds of wins are what I like to chalk up to Homefield advantage though - I think if they played on a neutral field, SD pulls out the win.

I'm just posting my opinion - overall, your PRs are good, I just think SD is still better than a 'barely top 10' team - I know these things can be harder to make than it would seem.

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:35 AM
SD is better than Baltimore and Denver IMO.

Baltimore is a Steve McNair injury away from sucking like last year. And Steve McNair has been pretty damn fragile in his career.

The King
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I think the Dallas Philly matchup will say a lot this weekend.

RedEyE
10-03-2006, 11:19 AM
SD is better than Baltimore and Denver IMO.

Baltimore is a Steve McNair injury away from sucking like last year. And Steve McNair has been pretty damn fragile in his career.

The same could be said for a number of teams. In the meantime the Ravens are a forced to be reckoned with which pushes them up in the ranks until proven otherwise. And the Ravens just beat the Chargeres, so technically the Ravens are the better team.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2006, 11:45 AM
The Steelers will be lucky to win 7 games this year. They should be in the 20s.