PDA

View Full Version : Are we missing any of these guys?

DBrown77
10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD> </TD><TD></TD><TD> G
</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Tkl</TD><TD>Ast</TD><TD>Sacks</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>Lg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Pass Def</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Sam Adams 4 4 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

J. Bannan 4 6 5 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

R. Edwards 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

J. Posey 4 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

E. King 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

L. Milloy 4 22 20 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Milloy looks decent but I like our young guys better with this defense

DBrown77
10-03-2006, 10:40 AM
uggg....formatting nightmare...you get the jist though

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I think we are missing Spikes though.

I hope he comes back this week.

Pride
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I'd still like to have Sam Adams in the middle...

Stats don't accurately show you how effective he was.

Mr. Miyagi
10-03-2006, 11:02 AM
But our defensive scheme is different this year. Sam Adams doesn't have the speed to fit our D.

OpIv37
10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
But our defensive scheme is different this year. Sam Adams doesn't have the speed to fit our D.

neither do Tim Anderson or Coy Wire but they're still here....

Pride
10-03-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm sorry, but speed should NEVER be a consideration for a DT... no matter what the defensive scheme!

As far as I am concerned... the bigger, stronger, and smarter a DT is... the better a defense is!

alohabillsfan
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry, but speed should NEVER be a consideration for a DT... no matter what the defensive scheme!

As far as I am concerned... the bigger, stronger, and smarter a DT is... the better a defense is!

I'm also sorry because I watched the Bengal/NE game and Big Fat A$$ Sam was out there watching Mauroney and Dillion blow past him down after down, then he got exhausted having to continously walk 10-15 yards down the field to where the NE running backs stopped running. No thanks Bengals can keep him! Now I would like Tommy Harris!!! :bandwagon

Dr. Lecter
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM

In cover 2 it is. The DT's need to ba able to hit the gaps, as it is a gap control defense. They do not line straight up over the linemen.

Sam problems go past that though. He wears out his welcome after being with a team for a couple of years, due to his attitude and conditioning. Seattle, Baltimore, and even Oakland had issues with him. He plays when he wants and pisses and moans when he does not get his way.Levy would not want him here.

SABURZFAN
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
In cover 2 it is. The DT's need to ba able to hit the gaps, as it is a gap control defense. They do not line straight up over the linemen.

Sam problems go past that though. He wears out his welcome after being with a team for a couple of years, due to his attitude and conditioning. Seattle, Baltimore, and even Oakland had issues with him. He plays when he wants and pisses and moans when he does not get his way.Levy would not want him here.

they cut back on the cheeseburger lunches too.sam wouldn't have liked that either.

Meathead
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
if adams wasnt such a disruptive force i would love to have him in this defense. his rap as a big slow guy is completely inaccruate imo. he certainly has the quickness to be the best lineman on the team in this defense. the same could be said of big pat imo

too much of a lockerroom problem though (adams) and it was the right more to dump him

Ickybaluky
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Pat Williams is still playing at a high level, but Sam Adams looks like he is eating himself out of the league. He can't move like he did a few years ago, he looked dreaadful against the Patriots.

Carlton Bailey
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM
The Bills haven't exactly been gashed by the run this season. Other than Maroney and Dillon (who kill everyone), they haven't allowed a big game from a rusher. Granted, Ronnie Brown was on his way to one before Mularkey got stupid, but you guys know what I mean.

YardRat
10-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Adams used to be cat-quick, despite his size, and the player of five/six years ago would've been a perfect fit for this defense, IMO.

G. Host
10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I'd still like to have Sam Adams in the middle...

Stats don't accurately show you how effective he was.

I'd rather Sam Adams be playing AFLE.
He does not follow game plan making him easy to exploit as happened last year.
Stats don't accurately show you how much he degraded defense when he soloed.

Justin Bannan would have done very well in this system and Bills tried to keep him but he decided to go elsewhere.