X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimbuktu
    • Oct 2004

Our Deadly (and IMPROVING) Receiving Corps

I think it is fair to say that we have one of the best receiving corps (and perhaps most cost-efficient) in the league, and as the season progresses, this will come to the forefront.

With JP continuing to improve game-in and game-out, I really believe that we are going to see some special things happen with this group.

With the talent we have in McGahee (although he is not Faulk ... at this point), I truly believe that we can have that Rams-style offense from around the turn of the millenium. Of course, a lot of this hinges on the play of the offensive line, but I really like what I have seen thus far.

The talents of Evans, Price, Parrish and Reed are all different and solid, and then to put them all out there at a time and having Losman spread it out like he did Sunday can (and I believe WILL) create a nightmare for opposing D. Throw in Davis and we have one HECKUVA fast corps of receivers. Granted Reed may not be the fastest guy in the world, but we don't need him for that with the speed of the others.

Watching Price go for the TD and Evans try and get more yards really opened my eyes to the talent of the corps, and i am really ****ing excited to see what these guys will be able to do as the season marches on ...

I know we are all getting geared up for this Bears game Sunday, and I do think we have a chance to win it, but it will be with the more conservative/efficient style we saw in the first two games.

With that said, I think the following week in Detroit will be a real coming out party for this offense. We'll be the greatest show on turf that week against a sub-par team and defense. Should be fun.

• Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Our Deadly (and IMPROVING) Receiving Corps

Hang on hang on.

I'm still stuck at the "one of the best receving corps" part.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

LOL agreed... this stable of speed has a long way to go before being considered "one of the best"

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I might get flamed for this... BUT. I am glad we traded Moulds,

and I was glad when we re-signed Peerless even when so many called a Senile Levy move. I'm even happier with the Peerless acquistion now that I've seen him play a few games. Peerless came to us, and he wants to be here, and it's showing in his play.

Parrish, although I really questioned why we picked him when we did, is proving to be the jack rabbit we hoped.

Reed has been the poster child for the "Don't Give Up on Him just yet" club.

and Evans is Mr. yards after the catch. Very exciting to watch him play.

All the Bills need is to have a TE step up and become a receiving force

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

although not the best i would favorably compare our 1 to 4 and probably 5 wr spots with any team in the league. throw in aikens st abilities and its hard to imagine any top 6 wrs in the league being more valuable overall

evans - so far a serviceable #1 who should get much better at that as time goes on
          reed - has become a fine #2 possession receiver
          price - a speed #2.5 who has improved his possession and over-the-middle play a lot compared to his first stint here
          parrish - already a good #3 and a terrific #4
          davis - a great insurance policy for positions #2-4
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

I think we have the best receiving corps in the division man for man but I would say maybe 5-10 in the league...Off the top of my head Cincinnati, Indy, Carolina, Dallas, Seattle and Arizona are better.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              Hang on hang on.

I'm still stuck at the "one of the best receving corps" part.
              Agreed. I think Evans is the only one who can be labeled a sure fire starter/potential star at this point.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                I took all the crap back in January when Philster and Devin negged me half to death.

For some reason Moulds and Losman were like oil and water. I'm glad he's gone for no other reason than it didn't work. He didn't like JP as the QB and that was obvious in the Miami game last year.

This team needed a fresh start and we got one. Thank goodness. Plus we got a draft pick out of it. Not bad!!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  I took all the crap back in January when Philster and Devin negged me half to death.

For some reason Moulds and Losman were like oil and water. I'm glad he's gone for no other reason than it didn't work. He didn't like JP as the QB and that was obvious in the Miami game last year.

This team needed a fresh start and we got one. Thank goodness. Plus we got a draft pick out of it. Not bad!!
                  ....and that draft pick netted us Kyle Williams, if my memory serves me. I'll take the potential that KW appears to be offering over another year or so of an aging Moulds.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Spiderweb
                    ....formerly OhBF
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl

and I was glad when we re-signed Peerless even when so many called a Senile Levy move. I'm even happier with the Peerless acquistion now that I've seen him play a few games. Peerless came to us, and he wants to be here, and it's showing in his play.

Parrish, although I really questioned why we picked him when we did, is proving to be the jack rabbit we hoped.

Reed has been the poster child for the "Don't Give Up on Him just yet" club.

and Evans is Mr. yards after the catch. Very exciting to watch him play.

All the Bills need is to have a TE step up and become a receiving force
                    As long as the Bills continue to use a lot of max protect, we'll continue to see very few passes to our TE's....
                    Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                    own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I'm not glad that Moulds is gone, but I'm glad the group we have is working out good.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                        I'm not glad that Moulds is gone, but I'm glad the group we have is working out good.
                        I am, not for his production but for his attitude affecting the rest of the team. He was too much of a vet to buy into a new culture that the new FO wanted to install.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

I'm glad Moulds is gone...nothing against him but he was making too much moula.

I agree we are at least clearly top 10 in the league in receiver core. If our line was good and we had a good TE we'd be one of the best offenses in the league...guess you can't have everything.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OhBF
                            As long as the Bills continue to use a lot of max protect, we'll continue to see very few passes to our TE's....

we don't even need the big time receiving TE...what we need is the threat of the TE to catch the ball which means they need to not drop the darn pass when it's thrown in their direction.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Let me rephrase that...I don't care what anyone's reason is for being glad that Moulds is gone. I'm not glad that he is. He was an awesome player when he was here. That is all.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍