PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this trade?

X-Era
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Roy Williams WR from Detroit for our 1st rounder?

Remember, we got a 1st rounder for Peerless and Roy Williams is a helluva lot better. Denver got Javon Walker for a 2nd rounder.

Id pull the trigger.

I know I will hear about the need for o-lineman but the 1st round has looked pretty bad for them lately. Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Leonard Davis, YUK! Im not so sure we cant resign Gandy and keep starting him, he plays solid.

Another DT? between Kyle Williams and McCargo we have plenty of young youth.

Another DE? Schobel hasnt lit it up yet but both Kelsay and Denney have, Ryans got 3 sacks already.

Another CB? that could happen considering Clements may be gone and Youbouty hasnt played yet.

I cant find a true need that HAS to come out of the 1st round. Why not make a trade that will put us into the upper eschelon as far as WR corp. Boldin/Fitzgerald put up LOTS of yards and TD's. Why not Evans and Williams?

Dozerdog
10-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Why????

Why would Detroit do it?

Why would Buffalo do it?

X-Era
10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Why????

Why would Detroit do it?

Why would Buffalo do it?
Detroit needs a ton of help everywhere. 2 1st would really help. Also, Detroit just might need the trade ammo to move up for Quinn, YES Oakland is worse then them. Detroit also has another 1st round WR in Mike Williams.

Buffalo may not have any need that MUST be answered through a 1st rounder. However, Fairchilds wide open offense could become deadly with a developed gunslinger in Losman and the Evans Williams combo.

What other WR's are BETTER than Roy Williams that can be had for a mid 1st rounder next year?

I continue to believe we are a few bigtime playmakers away from being special. This could be a very big improvement.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2006, 04:36 PM
How about a healthy person to replace Vill?

X-Era
10-03-2006, 04:38 PM
How about a healthy person to replace Viv?
Huh? call me DaVinci but I cant crack the Viv code.

Oh I see you fixed it. What o-lineman does Det have that you would want? Backus is their best and is a OT not a OG. Besides. Id take Roy Williams over ANY OL that they have any day.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Buffalo needs a Tackle, Guard and a Defensive end the days of Tom Donahoe type GM trades are over, the Bills have enough WR's and dont need to trade away a 1st rder for another.

Anyway Matt Millen is the Lions GM you could get Roy Williams for past considerations

X-Era
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Buffalo does NOT need a guard, tackle, or DE. They need NONE of that from the 1st round.

Whens the last time a G went in the 1st round? OK Hutchinson, hes a perrenial pro-bowler but there aint NO Hutchinson in this draft or probably ANY in the next 10 drafts. As far as OT, you must mean LT because RT is manned. I think Gandy is just fine. But even if we did consider a LT a need. Roy Williams over an unproven LT any day of the week. DE? Only if you are saying we can get a Peppers type. That type of player will go high and we wont be picking that high.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Buffalo does NOT need a guard, tackle, or DE. They need NONE of that from the 1st round.

Whens the last time a G went in the 1st round? OK Hutchinson, hes a perrenial pro-bowler but there aint NO Hutchinson in this draft or probably ANY in the next 10 drafts. As far as OT, you must mean LT because RT is manned. I think Gandy is just fine. But even if we did consider a LT a need. Roy Williams over an unproven LT any day of the week. DE? Only if you are saying we can get a Peppers type. That type of player will go high and we wont be picking that high.

as long as Mike Martz is the OC in Detroit Roy Willimas is not gonna be traded, the Bills need to draft the best available DE in the 1st rd next year and sign the best RG they can find in FA and if there is a big time LT available sign him too, WR is way down the list of priorities for this team

X-Era
10-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Jauron isnt going to draft a high round DE. It just wont happen. Schobel is their big time DE (at least in their minds) after already resigning to a nice long contract. Kelsay is vey young but has shown he can play. Here is the biggest kicker, Ryan Denney resigned with us because Jauron himself told him that he would play plenty in their rotating scheme. I could see drafting a guy like Peppers but only if hes playing most fo the downs. You dont do that if your rotating so much. Thats why Jauron told Denney that, thats why Denney resigned with us. You dont say that if DE is a big need in your mind.

Honestly, outside of CB if Clements leaves, I cant see of a bonafide 1st round need. However, Gandy is a UFA if he is allowed to leave we might just draft another LT.

I still could argue that Roy Williams beats any rookie LT any day of the week.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2006, 05:00 PM
the Bills had a huge game against Miami, which argueably has teh worst OL in the league, other than that they really havent gotten consitent pressure on the QB from their front 4

# 1.) Roy Williams is not being traded

#2.) The Bills have a #1 WR his name is Lee Evans

#3.) The Bills need to upgrade their OL and their DE's and probably need a replacement for Nate if Youboty isnt the one, so going into the draft considering you dont draft a #2 or # 3 WR in the 1st rd, unless your Matt Millen the Bills need to address the OL and DE position in the 1st rd of the draft next year whether it is via trade or their selection

X-Era
10-03-2006, 05:02 PM
the Bills had a huge game against Miami, which argueably has teh worst OL in the league, other than that they really havent gotten consitent pressure on the QB from their front 4

# 1.) Roy Williams is not being traded

#2.) The Bills have a #1 WR his name is Lee Evans

#3.) The Bills need to upgrade their OL and their DE's and probably need a replacement for Nate if Youboty isnt the one, so going into the draft considering you dont draft a #2 or # 3 WR in the 1st rd, unless your Matt Millen the Bills need to address the OL and DE position in the 1st rd of the draft next year whether it is via trade or their selection

The Rams had 2 #1's they were Kennison and Tory Holt

You have no idea whether Det would take a 1st for Roy or not. Neither do I.

Lets end this, your answer is no you wouldnt make that trade.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
no because this is the NFL and not Madden football

BILLSROCK1212
10-03-2006, 05:08 PM
hmmmmm this is a tough one how about.........lets, ummmm wait how bout NO!!!!

DraftBoy
10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
This deal makes no sense, we dont need another WR, and Roy Williams is the only Lions WR worth a damn. You mentioned Mike Williams, and yes he was a 1st round pick, but what has he done to date? The answer is nothing. The Lions have enough holes without making another one at WR. We need a OG, and OT, DE, LB, DT, OC, backup QB, and RB before we look at WR.

Devin
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
No.

I dont want a wr who is simply after stats.

We need a DE/OG/OT

I believe Levy and Co. Will have another solid draft next year, why trade away a mid-1st rounder?

BILLSROCK1212
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
he doesn't have a good attitude and nothing close to what ML wants

Jan Reimers
10-03-2006, 05:38 PM
We have a great corps of WRs, but are thin on the O line, aging at LB (Fletch and TKO), and still lack a really big time pass rushing DE. I would rather see us concentrate our efforts at those positions.

venis2k1
10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
How bout an ILB in the first? Fletch isnt getting any younger.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2006, 07:47 PM
This is the silliest of hypotheticals.

Why would Detriot trade a guy who they drafted with a top 10 pick and invested over $10M in signing bonus money in? Why would a draft pick, which is a complete unknown, be considered more valuable to them than a young WR who has already proven he is good an can make the big play (and has chance to be great)?

You don't trade your good, young players for some crap-shoot draft pick, especially when that draft pick received a big signing bonus and would generate a healthy cap hit.

The whole scenario is dumb.

Dozerdog
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
This is the silliest of hypotheticals.

Why would Detriot trade a guy who they drafted with a top 10 pick and invested over $10M in signing bonus money in? Why would a draft pick, which is a complete unknown, be considered more valuable to them than a young WR who has already proven he is good an can make the big play (and has chance to be great)?

You don't trade your good, young players for some crap-shoot draft pick, especially when that draft pick received a big signing bonus and would generate a healthy cap hit.

The whole scenario is dumb.BINGO!!!!

YardRat
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
^ That would be a 'no'.

The King
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
The only trade I give up a first rounder for would be a MLB to replace London down the line...#1 for a WR, ha....

Mitchy moo
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
No.

I dont want a wr who is simply after stats.

We need a DE/OG/OT

I believe Levy and Co. Will have another solid draft next year, why trade away a mid-1st rounder?

Devin, we will have the last pick in all the rounds, :respect:

Philagape
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
O-line first.

patmoran2006
10-03-2006, 07:58 PM

Remember, we got a 1st rounder for Peerless and Roy Williams is a helluva lot better. Denver got Javon Walker for a 2nd rounder.

Id pull the trigger.

I know I will hear about the need for o-lineman but the 1st round has looked pretty bad for them lately. Mike Williams, Robert Gallery, Leonard Davis, YUK! Im not so sure we cant resign Gandy and keep starting him, he plays solid.

Another DE? Schobel hasnt lit it up yet but both Kelsay and Denney have, Ryans got 3 sacks already.

Another CB? that could happen considering Clements may be gone and Youbouty hasnt played yet.

I cant find a true need that HAS to come out of the 1st round. Why not make a trade that will put us into the upper eschelon as far as WR corp. Boldin/Fitzgerald put up LOTS of yards and TD's. Why not Evans and Williams?

No.

Our WR corps is good enough,and more importantly, Marv has to build some beef on the lines next April after doing a great job with this defense this past april.

BillsNick
10-03-2006, 08:00 PM
This is just crazy talk.

:crazy:

G. Host
10-03-2006, 08:11 PM

Id pull the trigger.

Luckily the gun is loaded with duds.

The Falcons made a bad deal and most deals for WRs for first round picks are bad deals. Plenty of good WRs are found in lower rounds and if you are going to spend one on a WR then get the WR in the draft when the cost is lower per year.

Jimbuktu
10-03-2006, 09:47 PM
the thought of this =

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Jimbuktu/part2/hilarious1.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Jimbuktu/part2/gandrolf8yw.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/Jimbuktu/part2/d83197f6.gif

SABURZFAN
10-03-2006, 10:46 PM

Id pull the trigger.

i'd rather keep our 1st rounder.

DraftBoy
10-04-2006, 12:19 AM
. Plenty of good WRs are found in lower rounds and if you are going to spend one on a WR then get the WR in the draft when the cost is lower per year.

Great Example of this is this years rookie; Marques Colston from Hofstra. New Orleans took him in round 7 and he has easily replaced Stallworth for them. I was huge on this kid for this team, but Im pleased with our current crop either way.

ddaryl
10-04-2006, 01:01 AM
We do not need a WR we're stacked at WR

What we need is a bonafinde threat at TE, or a stud OL.

Heck we can still use a gamebreaker on the DL to compliment our plethera of solid performers.

Not to mention the value of keeping your draft picks and building/maintaining form within

X-Era
10-04-2006, 06:30 AM
he doesn't have a good attitude and nothing close to what ML wants

Where does that come from. link?

I havent heard a single word from Roy. The guy has done nothing but play very hard since day one even when everyone can see the Lions suck.

I wish some of our Bills would have done that!

Ron Burgundy
10-04-2006, 07:54 AM
i'd rather keep our 1st rounder.

No doubt.

Ron Burgundy
10-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Where does that come from. link?

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060918/SPORTS01/609180369/1049/SPORTS01

Uh, Roy, about this score thing ...
"Shouldn't poses like that wait until things are looking better?" I asked Williams after the game.
"I celebrate first downs all the time. I'm not gonna stop that. I'm an exciting player. If I do something exciting, I'm gonna show my actions."
"But you were losing, 10-0."
"What does that mean? ... That means nothing to me. The score means nothing."

Mr. Miyagi
10-04-2006, 09:35 AM
JP-era, obviously you don't understand how Marv operates.

He develops the team from within and through the draft. He has never ever gone out and shopped for big name players through his coaching years. That's just not his philosophy.

The Roy Williams trade will never happen, even if Detroit wanted to.

L.A. Playa
10-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I think JP-Era is really Matt Millen