PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks....

Luisito23
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Already gone??....Is it just me, or is this season going waaaaaay to fast.....I still can't believe 4 weeks have already passed....:err: :rage: :sigh: :squish:

GO BILLS!!!!!

ublinkwescore
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Football season always goes by way too fast.

mikemac2001
10-03-2006, 11:09 PM
so does baseball

billsburgh
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
so does baseball
not nearly fast enough. It's hard to believe that the season is 1/4 done already.

mikemac2001
10-03-2006, 11:45 PM
ya i know baseball doesnt matter till sept

billsburgh
10-03-2006, 11:47 PM
I couldnt care less about baseball. dont even watch the playoffs anymore.

Luisito23
10-04-2006, 12:35 AM

Same here bro....Same here...:beers:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

The_Philster
10-04-2006, 04:33 AM
I haven't watched baseball since the 94 lockout...and I don't miss it :z:

CuseJetsFan83
10-04-2006, 04:47 AM
football both college and pro go by way too quickly...... baseball is almost everyday for 6 months so its not a bad thing when its done.......... hockey... 80 games in 6 months.... not as force fed as basebally thankfully, although i love hockey

mybills
10-04-2006, 06:31 AM
so does baseball
What? That's like watching grass grow or paint dry. :chuckle:

BillsFever21
10-04-2006, 07:11 AM
With only 16 games that's played once a week it always goes fast.

There should be more games on the schedule. I'm not talking a ton of games like the other sports but there should be more then 16.

Hockey is a very physical sport too and they play 82 games. Football should be at least around 20 games.

When them players sit there and say it's a marathon and a long season left I feel like laughing. 16 games isn't a marathon. If you go on a losing streak where you're playing flat or you lose an important player for 6 weeks then your playoffs chances are just about over with.

You have to be on your A game every week and hope to not lose many important players on your team or your season is over with. There isn't any time to make it up.

You have to look at that anymore then 6 losses and you're not making the playoffs. In the AFC 6 losses doesn't even gurantee you a playoff spot. There will be teams this year with 10 wins that miss out. You need 11 wins to assure yourself a spot.

If you're flat for a few games and lose them all or you lose an important player like a star QB then you're season is just about done with unless you play lights out the rest of the season.

Teams can go through bad periods in the other sports because it's a marathon. In football it's a sprint and if you're not playing your best football from Week 1 then you will be sitting home watching the playoffs.

BillsFever21
10-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Losing a game in football is like losing 10 in a row in baseball or 5 in a row in hockey or basketball.

Some players cry that they don't make as much as baseball and basketball players. They only have to play 16 games. They make a nice paycheck for working 5 months out of the year. They're not on the road and/or playing almost every day of the year.

And then you get some that cry and say there isn't enough time off in football that it seems like they're always playing/practicing and don't have any time left with their families. That's pathetic. They have more time off then any other athlete and defintely the working man.

We work 40 hours a week if we're lucky. Some work far more then that. We get anywhere from 1-4 weeks of a year for vacation depending on your company and your length in the company. Most parents hardly ever get to see their children. We would kill for 6+ months off a year and an unlimited amount of money to do things with our family with that time off.