PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft

~CHIEF~
10-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I know it's a little early, but who or what position do you think we'll go with next year?

mysticsoto
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I know it's a little early, but who or what position do you think we'll go with next year?

Well, it is very early, so this is a difficult question to answer - but off the top of my head, our #1 priority should probably be to improve the pass rush. B'cse we have rotating linemen we should get the best man that fits what we need and they may get starting play immediately.

Someone like: Quentin Moses or Gaines Adams (DE).

On the other hand, we need the middle to have speedy but stout linemen who can hold their ground also and prevent the run up the middle. Perhaps someone in the 2nd round like Marcus Thomas. However, character issues may hurt his opportunity with Marv.

This presumes that we are keeping Willis McGahee and we lock him in to long term - which I think will happen.

It also wouldn't be a bad idea to give JP some height targets on the WR position...

This, followed by Olinemen - but Olinemen tend to have longer development time. My guess is we'll draft prospects and put the best ones on the PS as we move the ones we drafted last year to backup. I expect Pennington, Butler and Merz to be tested more thoroughly next year and hopefully, they will have improved substantially enough to make the team.

casdhf
10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I think we're going to need some Linebackers soon.

clumping platelets
10-04-2006, 08:30 AM
OL or LB are prime candidates but much depends on FA

DraftBoy
10-04-2006, 09:06 AM
OL, DL, CB, LB, backup QB, RB, WR, TE

Night Train
10-04-2006, 09:10 AM
OL,LB,OL,OL,FB

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I can see anything from WR, LB, OL, to DL. I think if I was picking depending on who is available I would go with LB, OL, WR, DL. I like our DL pretty much and I think Denney is emerging nicely.

Devin
10-04-2006, 03:26 PM
DE or OT.

I could see Marv drafting another bookend to compliment Peters. We need a threat on the DL, Schobel is consistant and has been a solid DE but we need a better pass rush.

Mitchy moo
10-04-2006, 03:27 PM
We'll draft last in each of the rounds, so who really knows? :respect:

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2006, 03:28 PM
RB. Willis isn't likely to be here after his contract is up IMO.
OL, OL, OL and OL. Did I mention the OL? I still am not sold on our line at all.
DL.
QB. JP is growing but I'm still not seeing "it". Hope I'm wrong, I really do. I don't want to break in yet another QB. Flame away, but that's my opinion.

:couch:

P.S. Can we draft a new HC as well? :snicker:

mikemac2001
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Whatever that crazy man marv wants :)

TacklingDummy
10-04-2006, 03:38 PM
QB, DE, DT, LB, DE, RB, OL

Devin
10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
QB, DE, DT, LB, DE, RB, OL

lol

Billscusey
10-04-2006, 04:18 PM
With our first pick, we MUST draft a long snapper. This position is pivotal!! (I'm just messin' with everyone!)

patmoran2006
10-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Tough question, because a lot depends on what players we retain, cut for cap reasons and guys that walk away via FA.. Also, its hard because we'll sign some FA's before the draft as well.

But for the sake fo a good discussion, lets say we had the same exact team come april we have now.

My first pick without question would be an impact DE. This is a defense that doesnt blitz all that much, so getting a consistent pass rush from your front four is of extreme importance-- kinda like Carolina's.

SECOND Priority (as of now) would be a real good guard in round two to take over for Villarrial.

Ingtar33
10-04-2006, 08:38 PM
CB or OL

TigerJ
10-04-2006, 10:45 PM
OL,DE, or LB

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Draft a QB! Yeah! Thats it! Draft a QB! Oh... wait thats what the rabble and pessimists were screaming in the preseason.

Nevermind

ParanoidAndroid
10-05-2006, 01:54 AM
1. DE
2. OL
3. LB
4. DT
5. QB
6. WR
7. DB

We need a pure pass rusher in the DE spot. We just aren't consistent there.
A DE that teams have to double are a powerful force. We could use some more talent at the guard spot. I'm not sure about Preston these days, but he'll have an opportunity to prove me wrong this Sunday. You can usually get decent talent at MLB all the way into round three. We just have no depth there and Fletcher is getting up there. I said the same thing last year and Fletcher is still looking good, but he is slowing down.
We don't need RB's yet. A-Train is a nice backup and if McGahee leaves, we go RB in round one for 2008.

Tinboy
10-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Say we go midround I would go after:

1. Victor Abiamiri DE ND
2. Tim Crowder DE Texas
3. Josh Beekman OG Boston