PDA

View Full Version : Good News for FA...

venis2k1
02-25-2003, 04:00 PM
This from espn.com:

"This is the weakest cornerback class in free-agency history. The safety market will be enhanced by slower, hard-hitting safeties who aren't great in coverage. But if you need linebackers and big defensive tackles, this is the place to shop." :) how convienient

"Look at the linebackers. Anthony Simmons of the Seahawks, Mike Peterson of the Colts and Rosevelt Colvin of the Bears are the top three. They are young, fast and can make impact. Chris Claiborne of the Lions and Shelton Quarles of the Bucs offer two different types of middle linebackers. Sam Cowart of the Jets and Kevin Hardy of the Cowboys could be added if they don't restructure their contracts by Friday"

"The tackle list is interesting and deep. It includes Washington's Daryl Gardener, Dallas' Brandon Noble, Tennessee's John Thornton along with a long list of veteran cuts -- Oakland's Sam Adams, Denver's Chester McGlockton, New Orleans' Grady Jackson, Denver's Keith Traylor and Atlanta's Shane Dronett." thats a nice list of prospects.

"There are plenty of good fullbacks -- Jon Ritchie of the Raiders, Lorenzo Neal of the Bengals, Richie Anderson of the Jets and Cecil Martin of the Eagles. Ernie Conwell of the Rams is the best tight end in free agency, but he is expected to re-sign at some point. Others such as Dan Campbell of the Giants, Cam Cleeland of the Patriots, Reggie Kelly of the Falcons and Jed Weaver of the Dolphins will struggle to get more than $1 million a year. " I know we dont NEED a FB, but Centers is getting paid.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1514090.html

Romes
02-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Grady Jackson is being cut!!

I wanted him last year.

ublinkwescore
02-25-2003, 05:30 PM
What happened to all the interest in Brandon Noble from the Cowboys?

Last I heard on him was that he and the cowboys couldn't reach a deal.

Romes
02-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Oh, I still want Brandon. There just hasn't been much to talk about but there will be in a few days!

Halbert
02-26-2003, 02:53 AM
It's kind of like the days before Christmas.