PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Getting Frustrated

Mitchy moo
10-04-2006, 03:05 PM
For the fourth straight week Takeo Spikes is listed as questionable with his lingering hamstring injury.
"I just want to get through the rest of this week and accomplish everything I need to accomplish," said Spikes Wednesday. "Hopefully I'll be playing this week."
Spikes has been practicing for the past three weeks and made it through entire practice sessions last Wednesday and Thursday, but backed off last Friday and wound up inactive last weekend against Minnesota. When asked if he suffered a setback he gave a long sigh and said next question.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4227

OpIv37
10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
well hopefully he'll be back in time for the NE game and he can take out that frustration on Marcia and Maroney

TacklingDummy
10-04-2006, 03:09 PM
He won't be back until the bye week, imo.

Ellison is playing fine in TKO place. If the Bills need to make a cap cut next year I could see them cutting Spikes.

Meathead
10-04-2006, 03:10 PM
you know how hammys are i hope it aint too soon

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Why don't they just rest him entirely until he is healed.

OpIv37
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM

Ellison is playing fine in TKO place. If the Bills need to make a cap cut next year I could see them cutting Spikes.

I don't have any problems with the way Ellison is playing but TKO is such a ballhawk and a playmaker. Ellison is solid and he may be dominant someday, but TKO is dominant now and I think we'd benefit from getting him back.

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2006, 03:33 PM
well hopefully he'll be back in time for the NE game and he can take out that frustration on Marcia and Maroney

:rofl:

You mean Marcia and Baloney. :;

Thurmal
10-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Why don't they just rest him entirely until he is healed.
Exactly. I'd like him to be at full strength for the remainder of the season, not 80% or, even worse, out for a longer period of time because he reaggravated the injury.

Bruce is Loose
10-04-2006, 03:43 PM
You dont cut someone like Spikes for salary cap reasons - you cut people who are no longer as dominant as they were when you signed them. Spikes is still a monster and will be well worth his next year salary if healthy. Lets do what we need to get him healthy... if we do manage to go anywhere this season we will need TKO to play like he can when we get there.

Uncle Jesse
10-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I think they should just wait until his 100% Were not doing to bad without him.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2006, 04:10 PM
I'd love to see Spikes back, but we're playing well without him and Ellison is getting some great on-the-job training. We've held three straight opponents to fewer than 100 yards rushing, virtually without TKO.

I hate to say it, but Spikes might be getting to a point in his career where nagging injuries may be a factor in his ability to contribute bigtime, as he once did. We had better prepare for his not being as major an influence in the future as he was in the past.

Billscusey
10-04-2006, 04:14 PM

Uh oh, I never thought I'd see the day that someone would actually place the words "cut" and "Spikes" in the same sentence....is this a sign of the apocalypse?!

billsburgh
10-04-2006, 04:34 PM
this is definately getting old since right after it happened, he said it was no big deal and he would be back the next week.

DynaPaul
10-04-2006, 05:37 PM
The more time he takes to heal the more this defense shows week after week that they don't need him. For the sake of his career he really needs to get back in the game. Oh, and he should keep his lips closed during his time out.

HHURRICANE
10-04-2006, 06:36 PM
The more time he takes to heal the more this defense shows week after week that they don't need him. For the sake of his career he really needs to get back in the game. Oh, and he should keep his lips closed during his time out.

YEP. You got this one right.