• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ lots of Bills (threads merged)

On his approach against the better NFL defenses

We have to focus on ourselves really. We have a pretty good idea of what they do and basically we have to stop them and not kill ourselves with little penalties. We have to clean it up and play some smart football, as far as the mental aspect, we have to be sharp.

On this being one of the biggest tests of his career

Possibly. We faced some good defenses last year. It’s still early in the season so you don’t know exactly who is all that good yet. This is a team that everyone’s saying is the team to beat. They want to stay undefeated and we have a chance for a big opportunity.

On being able to dictate a game plan

I think we’re evolving. We’re getting closer to where we want to be and it’s showing. I don’t know when the break out week is. I don’t know what a break out week is exactly. I think it’s just a consistent basis of good football and not turning the ball over and when we get down in the red zone, it’s very important to score and get six points.

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ Lee Evans

On Bears defense
    “They are very active up front. The front four are very fast, very active and they can cause a lot of problems for the offensive line. They put a lot of pressure on the quarterback and when you have a lot of pressure on the quarterback it’s hard to get the ball way down field for big plays.”

On anticipating a slower pace/grind type of game
    “It definitely is going to be a grind it out type of game, they have a really good defense they play with a lot of confidence and a lot of intensity and they have a great track record for playing together. It is going to be a hard fought, hard hitting game, so we are just going to have to take what we can get when we can get it.”

On sight adjust
    “Not necessarily sight adjust, they do blitz, they do bring pressure but they do a good job of putting pressure on with just four people. It will not be sights all over the place, when they leave a gap you have to take advantage of it.”

On Bears defense interfering with route timings
    “They have gaps and we have to be able to get there and like you said the timing between quarterback and receiver is going to be at a premium this week, because they do a good job at trying to put their hands on you and re-route you and do different things and just be real physical with you to try to throw the timing off.”

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ Spikes

On whether he will play versus the Bears

The past four weeks that seems to be the question. I want to get through the rest of this week and accomplish what I need to accomplish. Then maybe I’ll play this week.

On being able to run and burst

I’m trying. That’s the frustrating part. I can get out here and do certain things, certain drills, but my game totally depends on bursting. If I can’t do that then it’s hard and it sticks out on film like a sore thumb. I don’t want to risk myself as far as more injuries. I am getting better though.

On how much of this is precautionary

I’m not able. It’s not to the point where it’s precautionary. You never want to rush this type of injury, especially dealing with soft tissue and hamstrings. You can’t rush it. The only thing you can do with time is hope your body can repair it. It’s almost like I’m battling myself because I want to get out and do so much, but then it talks back to you and says ‘take it easy.’

On how much he wants to get back in and contribute

I want to be back out there plain and simple. If I can’t run, I can’t go.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ Willis

On the challenge of facing the Bears

It’s going to be big period. I think these guys are one of the best teams in the NFL right now. We’re going to have a challenge in front of us. We fought through last week and hopefully we can fight through this week.

On the Bears defense

Oh they’re good all around. From defensive line to linebackers to DB’s, they’re fast. We have to play smart football. They’re very disciplined.

On his blocking

I have to step it up every week to tell you the truth. I have to give JP that confidence that no one is coming from the backside when I’m in there. I have to step my game up all around. We have to chip real good and let them know we’re there.

On Urlacher

It’s not just Urlacher, it’s their whole defense. They have an all around good defense. You have to worry about all of them, not just one.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ London

On how big a challenge is the Bears
          “It’s going to be a tough football game. The Bears are a quality football team, we are playing in their place. I do not really see many weaknesses on their football team so we know we have a tough game that we have to go in there and play, but we will be ready to play them.”

On Rex Grossman
          “He is a quarterback that is going out there and making plays. He throws a nice deep ball and has some nice touch on intermediate passes. I think they have some skilled players that are able to make plays for them, obviously being able to run the football like they run it with Thomas Jones it opens up the passing game. And Muhsin Muhammad is one of the better receivers in the game and Berrian is one of the faster receivers in the game. They have a nice tight end, so I think they have a nice compliment of skilled players.”

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Q & A w/ Jauron

On playing the Bears

We’re getting ready for a huge game. Every week, the one in front of you is the biggest game. This just happens to be against a team that many people are saying are the best team in football right now and it’s hard to argue with that when you see it on tape. They’re playing at a really high level throughout their team and Lovie Smith and his staff have done a terrific job getting them ready every week. We definitely have our hands full.

On Villarrial’s injury

It’s not a high ankle sprain. It’s technical terms that I don’t follow, but it’s an issue with the tendon. He needs to get some rest on it this week and then we’ll see. It’s a tendon in the ankle.

On Chicago traditionally having a great defense

There’s certainly a great history there. It is the charter franchise of the National Football League. When you think of it, you think of those cold days, Dick Butkus, defense and it has always carried that image. The city embraces that image and the team does too. Clearly, they are an outstanding offense. This team, on both sides of the ball, is in the top ten or top five on both sides of the ball. They’re outstanding in both areas. The identity has focused on the defensive side and particularly the middle linebacker position.

Comment

Working...
            X