PDA

View Full Version : Excellent win !

ddaryl
10-04-2006, 09:53 PM
But the logo is still the worst. Love the colors can't stomach this POS logo. Can anybody really say they like this just look at it... It's L-A-M-E. It is arguably the most uninspired logo design in the history of pro sports.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ef/full.getty-71799003gh009sabres_v_hurri_10_31_59_pm.jpg

MTBillsFan
10-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Miller and the boys looked good even if their jerseys leave something to be desired. After watching the game, I like having the blue and gold back.

GO SABRES!

Nighthawk
10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
But the logo is still the worst. Love the colors can't stomach this POS logo. Can anybody really say they like this just look at it... It's L-A-M-E. It is arguably the most uninspired logo design in the history of pro sports.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/ef/full.getty-71799003gh009sabres_v_hurri_10_31_59_pm.jpg

I think you need to relax...it's not the worst logo ever...you just don't like it. Calm down, enjoy the win!

ddaryl
10-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I think you need to relax...it's not the worst logo ever...you just don't like it. Calm down, enjoy the win!

Calm down... LMAO

I brought my wife in here to see this logo for the 1st time, and she is dumbfounded. She couldn't believe they actually put that on our jersey.

It is without a doubt the worst logo ever in pro sports, and I challenge anyone to find one that is worse. Seriously. Go find me the logo that makes this one look good.

I love Sabres, I love the color scheme, but this is by far an embarassment, and sincerely hope fans contiue to put pressure on the Sabres organization for allowing such a thing to happen.

I will never stop ridiculing this logo. We deserve better, and IMO anyone with a functional brain could have designed something more acceptable then this.

Just seeing it in that picture has me scratchng my head wondering what the hell they were thinking. I for the life of me can not understand it, and I am desperately trying to.

No matter how tired people get regarding the logo it needs to be said... over and over and over again, until they truly begin to realize how pissed off most of us are. I just cannot allow myself to just accept it... I refuse to

SpillerThrills
10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
we already heard the story about your wife and what she tought about it.... think of it this way, atleast we actually have a logo.... The Cleveland Browns don't even have a logo, their "logo" is a brown helmet! I wasn't a fan about it either but get over it and support the team. atleast it's not a big black and red circle like Carolina's!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Calm down... LMAO

I brought my wife in here to see this logo for the 1st time, and she is dumbfounded. She couldn't believe they actually put that on our jersey.

It is without a doubt the worst logo ever in pro sports, and I challenge anyone to find one that is worse. Seriously. Go find me the logo that makes this one look good.

I love Sabres, I love the color scheme, but this is by far an embarassment, and sincerely hope fans contiue to put pressure on the Sabres organization for allowing such a thing to happen.

I will never stop ridiculing this logo. We deserve better, and IMO anyone with a functional brain could have designed something more acceptable then this.

Just seeing it in that picture has me scratchng my head wondering what the hell they were thinking. I for the life of me can not understand it, and I am desperately trying to.

No matter how tired people get regarding the logo it needs to be said... over and over and over again, until they truly begin to realize how pissed off most of us are. I just cannot allow myself to just accept it... I refuse to

As long as the Sabres keep winning people won't care what the logo looks like and they will buy, buy, buy! :dance: the reason why the Sabres went with this logo is because the old one is outdated, My wife likes it and she brought up a good point she said "that this logo is for the little kids of the future the kids that are 3,4 & 5 yr. olds that will grow-up to love the Sabres" My twin boys are 3 yrs. old and they love the logo.

THATHURMANATOR
10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
I am past the logo. I don't care anymore. I will get used to it.

Dr. Lecter
10-04-2006, 10:29 PM
It is better than the damn goat head.

And who really cares? If they win the cup, they could have a freakin' pink logo for all I care.

ddaryl
10-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Yes I agree about winning is everything and that is the most important thing, along with a cup victory. I'm a sabres fan till the day I die regardless of the threads we are wearing.

However I will never stop belittling this logo. It is awful and it deserves constant critisism. Everytime I see it I am literally horrified by it's lameness. The front of our jersey's are so plain, it still boggles my mind that someone actually approved this thing.

What really hurts me is I want to own a Sabres jersey in blue and gold. I don't want the old logo, I want what they are wearing, and there is no way I can accept this. All those rumors last year about going back to the blue and gold had me so excited and now everytime I see it, I honestly want to cry..... not lying it bothers me this much, and I wish people would not "be over it" and not "accept it" we do deserve better then this.

Also, I guess I was wrong the Cleveland Browns do have the worst logo in the history of pro sports, but there isn't much consolation for owning 2nd worst logo.

Historian
10-05-2006, 05:26 AM
It is without a doubt the worst logo ever in pro sports, and I challenge anyone to find one that is worse.

The Gorton's fisherman.
The Cleveland Barons.
The Houston Astros
The Fish
The Flaming Thumbtacks.
The Cleveland Browns.

Need I go on?

jamze132
10-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Well as long as people keep going out and are continuely buying the rediculously looking thing, the FO won't get the message. It's time to resort to physical violence against anyone who is caught purchasing one redhanded.

And don't even tell me it's just me, that most people do like it. Thats total BS. Don't lie to yourself. Admit you hate the logo, you know you want to.

Michael82
10-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Good thread! Another thing, those away jerseys are the ugliest uniforms I have ever seen. They make the Bills away jerseys look damn good. :ill:

:puke:

Typ0
10-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm kind of happy the uniform is controversial...this way idiots who really think the logo is important will have something to ***** about for the eternity it hangs in HSBC...and that will take years off their lives putting such energy into something so meaningless.

THATHURMANATOR
10-05-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm kind of happy the uniform is controversial...this way idiots who really think the logo is important will have something to ***** about for the eternity it hangs in HSBC...and that will take years off their lives putting such energy into something so meaningless.
:hi5:

I was pissed about it but I am already over the damn thing the minute the puck dropped!

SABURZFAN
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
i still can't believe that broad thought i was wearing a Chargers hat. :mad:

JD
10-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Once again.

Throwback.. GREAT
New Blues.. OK
New Whites.. SCARRRRRRY BAD!!

Nighthawk
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM

I couldn't have said it better my self! Great post! I really think that people who dwell on the logo need to get over it. OK, we all know you hate and guess what? I don't care...I just care about winning. Does every thread on this site have to have a comment about our logo? Come on people, let's move on!

ddaryl
10-06-2006, 02:07 AM
OK I'm done with my uniform rants, it still shocked me when I pulled up game pics from our opener...

However I really don't want the uniforms issue to distact the team from their destiny

I do love the colors, the B and sword is ok too, but the slug is just a cruel joke to us life long Sabres fans

Wow, I can't believe you really feel this much hate for people who have an honest view about this subject. Considering that most people don't like it. I think your hoping it takes years of a persons life is a very sad point of view.

The logo is VERY IMPORTANT. Extremely Important. It's a full representation of the team. The logo is supposed to create a huge sense of pride. You can't possibly debate that. That is its's purpose.

jamze132
10-06-2006, 02:59 PM
The logo sucks. It needs to go.

Tiburon1724
10-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Calm down... LMAO

That's EASY - Dallas Stars alternate logo on their third jersey. (http://shop.nhl.com/sm-reebok-dallas-stars-blank-authentic-third-jersey--pi-2136091.html)