PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to like JP more and more

billsburgh
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

LOSMAN'S RESPONSE: J.P. Losman took a page out of his coach's book with a quick response to a question as well. A reporter asked Losman, 'Do you know how many touchdowns the Bears have allowed to opposing offenses in the last 32 quarters at home?'

J.P. looked at him incredulously and said, "No."

The reporter then said that the Bears have allowed only 2 touchdowns at home in that span.

J.P. then smiled and said, "You felt like I needed to know that?"

The rest of the gathered media began laughing.

J.P. then followed up, "What was the point of that one?"

More laughter.

J.P. concluded, "I think I know."
What did the reporter expect JP to say after tht question and comments? "Wow, we shouldnt even make the trip. we have no chance"

ParanoidAndroid
10-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Be afraid JP....be very very afraid.....
bad reporters can be fun
:rolleyes:

I'm liking what I am seeing from JP more and more as well.

One big noticeable difference is that he's standing tall in the pocket and throwing well under pressure. He only moves out when the pocket is totally gone. This is what we wanted to see more of if I recall discussions about him last year at this time.

shelby
10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
:punk:

Luisito23
10-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Way to set that clown straight JP....Now set these other clowns in Chicago straight as well.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

ICE74129
10-05-2006, 05:48 AM
LMAO Way to go JP

Jan Reimers
10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Last season, that response would have been attributed by some to his cocky, immature attitude. Now, he is a confident, straight shooter. What a difference a year - and better play - make.

ddaryl
10-05-2006, 06:38 AM
He buys a home in Buffalo before the fans ever really embraced him as the Bills starting QB.

He hangs out in Buffalo and has been seen genuinely enjoying the area.

He has improved quite a bit in a season and 1/2, and is getting everyone involved in the offense

and now he's is handling the local media pressure with some tact and finesse

For the 1st time in a decade I really feel like Buffalo has a QB

ICE74129
10-05-2006, 07:14 AM
He buys a home in Buffalo before the fans ever really embraced him as the Bills starting QB.

He has improved quite a bit in a season and 1/2, and is getting everyone involved in the offense

Now get the guy a better LT, RG, TE and True #2 WR that can take heat off of evans.

mybills
10-05-2006, 07:19 AM
"What's so funny, big cat?"
- J.P.Losman

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2006, 08:50 AM

Wholeheartedly agreed. In fact I'm getting a little teary eyed thinking about it. :cry:

justasportsfan
10-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Maybe if they asked JP how many kills Yoda has under his belt, JP would've easily answered that. :snicker:

ICE74129
10-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Maybe if they asked JP how many kills Yoda has under his belt, JP would've easily answered that. :snicker:8367, who doesnt' know that?

Jimbuktu
10-05-2006, 09:29 AM
"What's so funny, big cat?"
- J.P.Losman

Is that a real quote? PLEASE tell me it is!

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Is that a real quote? PLEASE tell me it is!
It is. He said that I think 2 years ago visiting a HS, when some fat kid was snickering while he was talking.

Kerr
10-05-2006, 09:43 AM
:up:

bigbub2352
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Jp is embracing his role, and he embraced the community before we embraced him, this is something that every QB besides Flutie hasnt dont since Kelly, the fans need to get behind in and support him through his ups and downs, we could have a superstar in the making and the best part is he likes it here and loves the community, i am rooting for him, and always have, i like that he is quick witted with the media they can be quite foolish at times

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2006, 10:13 AM
It is. He said that I think 2 years ago visiting a HS, when some fat kid was snickering while he was talking.

"What's so funny, big cat?" he asked the student, who might have just wet his pants. "I just want to know, what's so funny? Things like that, it's kind of rude. I'm up here. I'm kind of nervous myself. It's a chance, an opportunity to get inside of you guys. And somebody's laughing. It's disrespectful. I don't appreciate it... Now I don't mean to call anybody out like that, but this is real life. People call each other out. It's OK. You know, you live and learn. You forgive."

http://www.rochester-citynews.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A3340

justasportsfan
10-05-2006, 10:21 AM
It's wierd, I haven't seen TDummy posting as much lately .

Jimbuktu
10-05-2006, 11:49 AM

HAHAHA, thanks, that's ****ING AWESOME

Mr. Miyagi
10-05-2006, 11:52 AM
It's wierd, I haven't seen TDummy posting as much lately .
Count your blessings.

ICE74129
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
It's wierd, I haven't seen TDummy posting as much lately . Oh yeah, he has just started spaming the thread about the 30-6 pecker king prediction

TigerJ
10-05-2006, 12:14 PM
JP has a sharp sense of humor. I like how he handled that situation. If I were in a situation where I could give him some advice, this is what i would say to him: "JP, dumb reporters are going to be a part of your experience as long as you are in football. It is easy to shrug off their stupidity when you've won the game and things seem to be going well. However, there are going to be stupid reporters around when you're mired in a 5 game losing streak too. How will you handle things when your nerves are frayed and your temper short, and your sense of humor is hard to find? You need to handle that the same way Turk Schonert taught you to handle your backsteps from center on a pass play. Slow it down, make sure you're thinking clearly. Don't let your mouth run so quickly that you're going to say something you may later regret."

mybills
10-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks, MM. I didn't see JimBuk's question till now. Here's the pic that went with it..I added the quote! :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Good stuff. :up: