PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Many Worry So Much About Media Respect ?

Night Train
10-05-2006, 06:28 AM
If the media trys to be balanced and objective in their observations, many here go into meltdown mode, if it isn't all positive and glowing. Criticism sends many into an instant rage. The Bills are still a rebuilding team and winning on a regular basis will reduce the critical articles.

The national media only gets glimpses of most teams and has to fill space in the age of 24/7 news coverage. It's more entertainment than sharp analysis.

Daily " Look at what this idiot is saying " threads make you look dumber than the writer...at least to me.

Typ0
10-05-2006, 06:46 AM
the media sells advertising, papers and magazines based on their ability to generate a "story". That's just what most of the drivel in the media is...stories.

jamze132
10-05-2006, 07:04 AM
There only a few constants in life. just to mention a few...

Birth
Death
Media

BillsFever21
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
If the media trys to be balanced and objective in their observations, many here go into meltdown mode, if it isn't all positive and glowing. Criticism sends many into an instant rage. The Bills are still a rebuilding team and winning on a regular basis will reduce the critical articles.

The national media only gets glimpses of most teams and has to fill space in the age of 24/7 news coverage. It's more entertainment than sharp analysis.

Daily " Look at what this idiot is saying " threads make you look dumber than the writer...at least to me.

There are many people who is too thin skinned about our team and shows an obvious complex. I could care less what the media is saying and neither do the players.

You can definitely tell by how mad some get over the power rankings. You think JP and McGahee sit down and read them things and get mad if we're ranked lower then they would like us to be?

Basically if somebody writes something bad about the Bills then they are an idiot but then when they write something good about us they are a great reporter.

I think every reporter in the US has been called an idiot AND a genius and great reporter one time or another around here. It depends on what story they right in any given week.

BILLSROCK1212
10-05-2006, 02:28 PM
well for someone like me who doesn't live in an area where the Bills get a lot of coverage I'd like to at leeast here something about the Bills every day so that is why I worry about media coverage a little

Crisis
10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I watched a lot of crappy football shows for Bills highlights and they showed nothing.

F them.