PDA

View Full Version : Bills Offense Not Obsessing About Bears

gil
10-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm still on the pessimist side of the fence as far as our chances of a win this weekend go, and I think we're going to give them a heck of a game - but this article just made me feel good about where this team is heading as we get further into the season...

they just seem to be coming together as a team:

While Bills fans and the media might be awed by some of the numbers the Chicago Bears have compiled thus far this season, particularly on defense, Buffalo's players are not paying much attention.

J.P. Losman was asked this week if he knew how many touchdowns the Bears have allowed on their home field in their last eight regular season games. He didn't, and he doesn't care that Chicago has allowed only two in their last 32 quarters at Soldier Field.

"We're not intimidated," said Losman. "We know we're going up against a great team and we have a great opportunity staring us in the face. We don't know how it's going to go, but we're definitely not intimidated."

Taking that kind of approach has been echoing through the locker room all week at One Bills Drive after head coach Dick Jauron told his team on Monday that every great challenge presents a great opportunity.

The players aren't buying it, they're believing it. Part of the reason why is because they see themselves improving each week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4235

BAM
10-06-2006, 11:33 AM
Good article thanks!

Turf
10-06-2006, 07:30 PM
If Chicago was ever prime for a let down this is it. I'm not sold on them regardless, I need to see more.

Typ0
10-06-2006, 07:33 PM
this is a game JP can win with his legs.

North_Coast
10-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm not entirely sold on DaBears' Invincibility at Soldier Field, either. I'm not sure why they picked "the last 8 games" for this stat -- perhaps because somebody whupped Da Bears good in the first of the "the last 9 games"? Is that supposed to be equivalent to "a season"? Why not count all of last year's and this year's home games. That would be 10 or 11 games.

I tried to find the 2005 season opponents and scores, and couldn't seem to find them on the net, but a team that plays 3 home games against Detroit, Green Bay, and Minnesota and then gets frequent opportunities to play the 49ers, the Cards, and other assorted NFC "powerhouses", might look a bit better than it is. I believe last year when Carolina came to town, they were missing a couple of key players, including, I think, Steve Smith, and this year, Seattle was missing Alexander.

So far this year, the Bears have played 2 creampuffs and a crippled Seahags team, and all have been easy wins. The only decent team they faced with all its weapons was the Vikings, and they nearly lost.

The Bills aren't awe-struck by the Bears, they have all their weapons on offense, and maybe Takeo is back this game ... Hey, somebody's got to knock Da Bears from the ranks of the undefeated, so the Bills might as well be the ones to do it!

Bills by three. :up:

ICE74129
10-07-2006, 10:20 AM
More signs of leadership from JP