PDA

View Full Version : Whos DT's are better?

justasportsfan
10-05-2006, 05:02 PM
CHicago's or Vikes?

Right now , Chicago's run D is ranked higher than Vikes but Duh Bears played the Browns. No big deal there. Their pass D may be deceiving because the play of the DL affects the passing game.

If we can do the same things we did with the Vikes to Duh bears, we may have a chance. Keep them off the field and pound Willis all game.

Our ST will have to play like a no. 1 unit in the league in the return game so our O will have a shorter field to work with. If we can't run, were doomed.

Here's hoping that Jauron fixes our penalty problems. I doubt we'll beat the Bears but we'll have a fighting chance. They have won their last 8 games at home. Everyone is once again not giving us a chance to pull an upset. They are undefeated. Looks like they are primed for a disappointment. Maybe the bills will surprise once more.

I Billieve.

Stewie
10-05-2006, 05:08 PM
33-17

mikemac2001
10-05-2006, 05:09 PM
bills 100 bears 0 dikta 99

TigerJ
10-05-2006, 09:44 PM
The DTs for the Bears and the Vikings are very different. It's like trying to compare apples and oranges. Which do you like better? The Bears have smaller, quicker, more athletic DTs. The Vikings have bigger stronger "stuff the middle" type DTs. If Buffalo's linemen are quick enough, and can get their hands up on the Chicago DTs, they will be easier to handle than Phat Pat and Kevin Williams. But if they're not quick enough Tommy Harris is going to be in the Bills backfield disrupting plays all afternoon.

Devin
10-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Tommie Harris is an absolute terror. That guy has been unblockable thus far.

BillsPride12
10-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Yeah Tommy Harris is a stud, the type of player I can only hope McCargo turns into.

ICE74129
10-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah Tommy Harris is a stud, the type of player I can only hope McCargo turns into. Not gonna happen. Tommie started as a freshman at OU and did great against top competition for 4 years. Most of us never heard of mcCargo before last year.

I still think McCargo can be a damn good rotational player, but Tommie is in a class by himself as for as quick, strong DT's.

ICE74129
10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
The DTs for the Bears and the Vikings are very different. It's like trying to compare apples and oranges. Which do you like better? The Bears have smaller, quicker, more athletic DTs. The Vikings have bigger stronger "stuff the middle" type DTs. If Buffalo's linemen are quick enough, and can get their hands up on the Chicago DTs, they will be easier to handle than Phat Pat and Kevin Williams. But if they're not quick enough Tommy Harris is going to be in the Bills backfield disrupting plays all afternoon.

I just don't see us having the strength or speed to stop them. McNally better have better blocking schemes while using mis direction on them

THATHURMANATOR
10-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Not gonna happen. Tommie started as a freshman at OU and did great against top competition for 4 years. Most of us never heard of mcCargo before last year.

I still think McCargo can be a damn good rotational player, but Tommie is in a class by himself as for as quick, strong DT's.
Agreed!

BillsPride12
10-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I agree with that too, thats why I said I can only hope but hey you never know in the NFL

RedEyE
10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
You guys also forget that Villrrial is out for a min. of 3 weeks.

Saratoga Slim
10-06-2006, 02:17 PM
You guys also forget that Villrrial is out for a min. of 3 weeks.

he is easy to forget.

Tatonka
10-07-2006, 12:11 PM
villarial being out actually helps this team.

Duke is a better answer.. short and long term.

justasportsfan
10-07-2006, 01:00 PM
We have to be successful at going deep if we are going to win this game. We need to spread their D which in turn will allow Willis to run. Against the Vikes we were able to dink and dunk , the bears' D will expect that. We need Parrish to help Evans out.

John Doe
10-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Not gonna happen. Tommie started as a freshman at OU and did great against top competition for 4 years. Most of us never heard of mcCargo before last year.

Just because McCargo did not play at OU or did not have noteriety in no way proves that he will not be as good as Harris.