PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check

BILLSROCK1212
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
This game will tell us is JP capable of playing tough defenses? Can Willis run well not only vs the Jets but top 5 defenses too? Are our WRs as good as they have played so far? Is our O-line underated or maybe even overated? Are our rookies as good as they've played so far? Can we beat top 5 teams? Will all of these questions become statements? We'll find out Sunday.

Mahdi
10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes this game will be a measuring stick, but even if they get smacked that doesnt mean that all is lost, it just means that the Bears are a better team. The Bills still have a ways to go, but we can all see a good foundation being started.

HHURRICANE
10-05-2006, 08:56 PM
This game will tell us is JP capable of playing tough defenses? Can Willis run well not only vs the Jets but top 5 defenses too? Are our WRs as good as they have played so far? Is our O-line underated or maybe even overated? Are our rookies as good as they've played so far? Can we beat top 5 teams? Will all of these questions become statements? We'll find out Sunday.

Dude, these are questions you ask contenders. I love the Bills, and they are playing hard, but this game is not a test for a team at our level. Not getting the snot beat out of us would be a good outcome. The Bears on the road is a challenge for a SB contender, not us. Reality check please. Beating New England at home is a true test of where this team is.

YardRat
10-05-2006, 08:59 PM
We should have beat New England at their place.

The last buffalo fan
10-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Please slow down, we are an up and coming young team, there is no need for a test or something like that, we just need signs of improvement. The skills are there, the desire to win is there, we need experience and we are about to get it, but it will come only playing the games. On the defeat or victory, we will learn and get better.

JerseyBoofaloBills
10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
In reality. I think the Buffalo Bills can beat any team at this point. And i think this game will show us where we stand, if we beat chicago in Chicago, that says alot about our Bills. it says dont count us out yet..an yes i also think the New England game will be a test. but if we can beat Chicago, which i believe we can. we could have a shot this year. IMO.

Jan Reimers
10-06-2006, 11:24 AM
I made the mistake of getting my hopes too high before the Jets' game, even though I said I wouldn't, and I was miserable after the loss.

I know deep down that we are an improving team, but still young and inconsistent, and that we will have a variety of problems week-to-week.

I now don't necessarily expect to beat anyone, and refuse to look at the Bears or any other game this early in the season as any kind of key, or measuring stick, or anything else. We may win, hang tough, or make some big mistakes and get crunched. Every game is going to be a crapshoot, probably for most of this year.

I'm just happy that we have better coaching, some great young players, a developing QB, and a real chance to be a good team later this year, or at least next season.