PDA

View Full Version : Our #1 problem on Sunday? Tommie Harris.

ICE74129
10-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Bottom line, this cat can play ball. He is making a case to include his name for Defensive player of the year right now. 5 sacks from the DT position already?

I will tell you right now, he will be all over preston Sunday. Him being in there is like blood to a shark. We are going to see how good McNally and fairchild really are with how they try and take care of this guy.

mybills
10-06-2006, 07:45 AM
You're only worried about one player?

ICE74129
10-06-2006, 07:46 AM
You're only worried about one player? He is the keystone to that defense. Urlacher is doing better because of the disruption Tommie causes. TH keeps guards from getting out on Brian.

Immagine JP takes the snap and Tommie is in his grill on his 3rd step in his drop. Yeah, I am very worried about TH.

Kerr
10-06-2006, 08:11 AM
and you wouldn't be able to double team him because you'd have other guys to worry about on that line.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2006, 08:16 AM
He can't be THAT much better than K.Williams of the Vikings. They are both Pro Bowlers. But yes, it is the most glaring issue leading up to the game. The Bills will just have to make due with what they have and adjust.

ICE74129
10-06-2006, 08:27 AM
He can't be THAT much better than K.Williams of the Vikings. They are both Pro Bowlers. But yes, it is the most glaring issue leading up to the game. The Bills will just have to make due with what they have and adjust.

Yeah, he's that much better.

gr8slayer
10-06-2006, 08:40 AM
He isnt that much better he just a different type of player.

DMBcrew36
10-06-2006, 09:13 AM
He isnt that much better he just a different type of player.

True. I hope our line can contain his speed.

THATHURMANATOR
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
He may be better than Williams but not heads and shoulders. If anything isn't Harris more speed than girth? That could be better for Preston, who isn't huge himself.

Stewie
10-06-2006, 01:32 PM
whatever. run right at him.

ublinkwescore
10-06-2006, 03:15 PM
We need to test all areas of their line with Willis like 3 or 4 times in the first quarter.

Richard Gozinya
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Let Harris come free, and let Willis decleat him like he did Williams.

Maybe if he hits him hard enough, ICE will send me another love note at 2:30 in the morning like his last one:

Can't wait for McGahee to break his leg...50% of diehard fans H-A-T-E him because he 1/2 asses it and is dumb-**** in front of the camera..Tighet up dude and find a new hero. ~~Ice

Mitchy moo
10-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Sounds like bait to set up the screen or do a reverse or two, that will back him up.

BillsFever21
10-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Harris is an absolute monster. I'm happy with Lee Evans but Harris is the guy I wanted a few years ago. I'm not looking foward to Preston trying to stop him on Sunday.

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Our #1 problem on Sunday?

Dick is still our HC.

:jk:

Sorta.

gr8slayer
10-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Their number one problem is going to be #7

YardRat
10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm hoping Jauron and Fairchild can gameplan well enough to neutralize Harris, the way Marv and Marchibroda use to against Derrick Thomas.

Preston is going to get an education this Sunday.

Kerr
10-06-2006, 06:47 PM
This will be preston's big test. If he succeeds, he will be cemented as our future RG.

Devin
10-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Tommie Harris, Ogun, Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Vasher.......

Basically all 11 men will be a problem.

John Doe
10-06-2006, 10:02 PM
He is the keystone to that defense. Urlacher is doing better because of the disruption Tommie causes. TH keeps guards from getting out on Brian.

I am just as concerned about Urlacher as I am about Harris. Urlacher was plenty good before Harris came along.

Mr. Cynical
10-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm hoping Jauron and Fairchild can gameplan well enough to neutralize Harris, the way Marv and Marchibroda use to against Derrick Thomas.

And I'm hoping Angelina Jolie walks through my door tonight naked and covered in chocolate syrup and asks me to lick it all off. Odds are about the same. :;

mybills
10-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Harris is an absolute monster. I'm happy with Lee Evans but Harris is the guy I wanted a few years ago. I'm not looking foward to Preston trying to stop him on Sunday.

From an article quote in another thread...
Preston faces perhaps one of the toughest matchups in the game Sunday as he is responsible for keeping Chicago Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris out of Buffalo's offensive backfield. But he seems loose heading into the weekend.

"He's a great player and one of the best defensive tackles in the league, but he's a guy that puts his pants on one leg at a time," said Preston. "We're going to just play. If you get too caught up in what he does it tends to take you off of what you want to do. I have to focus on the techniques I'm trying to execute."

I love the mind set that Preston has about Harris! :bf1: