• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

bills Vs bears

This is a big game even though if we lose it wont ruin our season...but in past years anytime we have a big game that would put us over the top and really show that were growing as our team we usally blow it. i think this would be one of those big wins that we havent been able to win in a few years. i think we have a chance usally its been againist the pats (which might follow in a few weeks) but i think this is a big game just because how (dominant) the bears have been.

MUCK
    FIAMI
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: bills Vs bears

the OL needs to bring their A game against the Bears DL.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

I think our advantage against the Bears is our D-line agains their O-line. They have not been able to run the ball this year and I think its because they are simply getting old. The speed of our D should make it hard for them to move the ball. Plus I like the match-ups we have with our DBs against their WRs and TEs. Clements matches up well with Muhammad, and McGee with Berrian. I also like our LBs and safeties against Desmond Clark. This should be a very tight scoring game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

If we can beat the bears , I would consider ourselves a legit team that can compete for playoffs. The bears are one of the best teams both offensively and defensively in the league.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
          I think our advantage against the Bears is our D-line agains their O-line. They have not been able to run the ball this year and I think its because they are simply getting old. The speed of our D should make it hard for them to move the ball. Plus I like the match-ups we have with our DBs against their WRs and TEs. Clements matches up well with Muhammad, and McGee with Berrian. I also like our LBs and safeties against Desmond Clark. This should be a very tight scoring game.
          are you insane? Our DL sucks and they didn't win 4 straight games with bad OL play.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            are you insane? Our DL sucks and they didn't win 4 straight games with bad OL play.
            Middle of the pack means our DL sucks? I think Mahdi means their rushing OL. They are ranked 21st.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              If we can beat the bears , I would consider ourselves a legit team that can compete for playoffs. The bears are one of the best teams both offensively and defensively in the league.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Middle of the pack means our DL sucks? I think Mahdi means their rushing OL. They are ranked 21st.
                yeah and on their side, the Bears and their fans are probably saying "our running game has been lacking- we can get it back on track against this Bills DL".

Keep in mind that we played the Dolphins, who have one of the most anemic offenses in the NFL, and the Vikings, who gave up on the run way too early for some unknown reason. If everyone is saying that the Bears aren't that good because three of their wins came against crap teams, then the same factors need to be taken into account when evaluating our team.

I'm just saying the DL is not the strength of our team and the Bills shouldn't count on being able to stop the run as part of their game plan.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

yeah and on their side, the Bears and their fans are probably saying "our running game has been lacking- we can get it back on track against this Bills DL".

Keep in mind that we played the Dolphins, who have one of the most anemic offenses in the NFL, and the Vikings, who gave up on the run way too early for some unknown reason. If everyone is saying that the Bears aren't that good because three of their wins came against crap teams, then the same factors need to be taken into account when evaluating our team.

I'm just saying the DL is not the strength of our team and the Bills shouldn't count on being able to stop the run as part of their game plan.
                  haha! just when I thought you were coming arround you're back. Our DL is at the middle of the pack in the ENTIRE NFL. It definitely needs some improvement but so does the bears running game. But it does not necesarily suck like you make it out to be.

Read Mahdi's post. He didn't say their OL sucks, just that they aren't opening enough holes for their running game which is why they are ranked 21st.
                  Op, if your run D is not that good you work on it. You expect teams to run against you. You expect it. It's that simple. it's common sense.

Besides what do you mean
                  Who do you think is running the team Kerry? You don't tell your people you suck and won't be able to stop the run.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-06-2006, 01:39 PM.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Besides what do you mean Who do you think is running the team Kerry? You don't tell your people you suck and won't be able to stop the run.
                    what I mean is that the Bills need to have a contingency plan- ie, if we can't stop the run, how do we beat them? You think the coaches are going to go into a game planning on stopping the run with no other ideas? What if we don't stop the run? do we just give up at halftime when it's obvious that the game plan was flawed?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

what I mean is that the Bills need to have a contingency plan- ie, if we can't stop the run, how do we beat them? You think the coaches are going to go into a game planning on stopping the run with no other ideas? What if we don't stop the run? do we just give up at halftime when it's obvious that the game plan was flawed?

OP, gameplanning is not an exact science. The run D does not know how the bears are gonna run the ball. The thing is the bills will go in hoping and expecting to stop the run. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen but you obviously know how that is gonna turn out. You could be right or you could be wrong, but you talk like you are right. Got the lotto numbers?

On second thought forget it, so far you've been wrong about the run game anyways by predicting we'll finish lower than 30. You're already waaaay off.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

OP, gameplanning is not an exact science. The run D does not know how the bears are gonna run the ball. The thing is the bills will go in hoping and expecting to stop the run. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen but you obviously know how that is gonna turn out. You could be right or you could be wrong, but you talk like you are right. Got the lotto numbers?

On second thought forget it, so far you've been wrong about the run game anyways by predicting we'll finish lower than 30. You're already waaaay off.
                        already? as in after 4 games when a quarter of the league has only played 3?

BTW I never said we'd finish 30 or lower- you put those words in my mouth.

I said I could see this run D being worse than last year's, meaning overall yards.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

already? as in after 4 games when a quarter of the league has only played 3?

BTW I never said we'd finish 30 or lower- you put those words in my mouth.

I said I could see this run D being worse than last year's, meaning overall yards.
                          yards or not, you stated that this trun D would be ranked lower than last years. The yards was the bet. I can pull out that thread if you want me to. I don't care if it's 3 or 4 games in, you're still wrong SO FAR.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

yards or not, you stated that this trun D would be ranked lower than last years. The yards was the bet. I can pull out that thread if you want me to. I don't care if it's 3 or 4 games in, you're still wrong SO FAR.
                            I NEVER said anything about ranking- I was talking about total yards. I just tried to attempt to find the total rushing yards allowed over the first 4 games last year and couldn't find the info.

Anyway, I'll admit that I'm probably wrong about that even without the info, but that doesn't make our DL good. I still don't think we can count on them to stop the run, and they definitely do not get enough pressure on the passer.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I NEVER said anything about ranking- I was talking about total yards. I just tried to attempt to find the total rushing yards allowed over the first 4 games last year and couldn't find the info.

Anyway, I'll admit that I'm probably wrong about that even without the info, but that doesn't make our DL good. I still don't think we can count on them to stop the run, and they definitely do not get enough pressure on the passer.
                              I'd search that thread but reading your posts from back then would make my head hurt again. Nevermind. But yes, you are wrong. Teams average 137.8 ypg against us last year. Now they are averaging 103 ypg and I expect it to get better as the team plays together , barring injuries. To think we don't have Spikes back yet. I still remain, so far you are wrong. You're lucky you didn't take the bet.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X