PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Bills game on TV in Souther PA this weekend?

Pride
10-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I am always gunshy around here to try to watch a bills game at home... with so many teams (Wash, Balt, Philly, Steelers) around here, I always get screwed when I think I can watch the game from the comfort of my recliner.

The coverage maps seem to show me (about 20 miles north of PA/MD border) as getting the Bills game... is that a safe bet to go by those maps??

OpIv37
10-06-2006, 03:25 PM
if you get Sunday ticket the chances are 100% every week.

THATHURMANATOR
10-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Just go to a sportsbar. That is what I do and I live in Buffalo!

madness
10-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Yes, those maps are reliable. I haven't see a wrong one yet. I'm right below where it splits PA and always get screwed from watching the Bills games. I'm in coverage this week and my TiVo backs it up.

I'll have to check to see if you have to actually login to use the TiVo scheduling guide online. Infact if you give me your zip Pride, I can confirm it for you. :up:

Pride
10-06-2006, 03:36 PM

Thanks!

Pride
10-06-2006, 03:37 PM
I dont mind going to the bar... but its so loud there since we have so many types of fans here (again from multiple teams) that it is hard to hear the game..

I like to actually hear what is being said.

OpIv37
10-06-2006, 03:42 PM
I dont mind going to the bar... but its so loud there since we have so many types of fans here (again from multiple teams) that it is hard to hear the game..

I used to watch the games in a few bars where you can't really hear. It can be annoying.

But when I watch the games with the announcers, I complain and contradict everything they say cuz they have their heads up their asses 90% of the time. For most of the game, it isn't that bad. It's just hard to follow when there's a penalty or a replay review- that kind of stuff.

Pride
10-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Agreed... I like to hear injury reports, reviews, and penalties...

evol4276
10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I am always gunshy around here to try to watch a bills game at home... with so many teams (Wash, Balt, Philly, Steelers) around here, I always get screwed when I think I can watch the game from the comfort of my recliner.

The coverage maps seem to show me (about 20 miles north of PA/MD border) as getting the Bills game... is that a safe bet to go by those maps??
im here in lower central pa and the guide on comcast shows that the bills game is actually on for once, so i do believe its okay to go by that

madness
10-06-2006, 06:23 PM

Thanks!

Crap, you need to select your local cable provider too. Good news though, anybody can put in their zip code and get their listings. The best part is you can look ahead at next weeks schedule too!

http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/tvlistings.do

ILOVEMIBILLS
10-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz are doing the game on CBS.

billsburgh
10-07-2006, 02:46 AM
if you get Sunday ticket the chances are 100% every week.
mother ****ing trees. I was supposed to have it this year.

BAM
10-07-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx

Says it's on here, Pride!

I don't mind going to the bar at all for the games, but if it's on TV you can bet I'm sitting my ass at home on the couch! hah

:gobills:

RedEyE
10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Phil Simms and Jim Nantz are doing the game on CBS.

UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate Phil Simms. He'll be bashing Losman all afternoon.

mybills
10-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Agreed... I like to hear injury reports, reviews, and penalties...
They have closed caption on where I used to watch the games. That was annoying, but at least I didn't miss the things you listed. This new place gives me my own tv, and when the "other fans" get too loud, I turn it up. :snicker:

realdealryan
10-07-2006, 03:04 PM
UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate Phil Simms. He'll be bashing Losman all afternoon.

++++ I can't stand Simms. I think he's mad that his kid is a Streisand.

RockStar36
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
The game will def. be on TV around here. I'll still be at the bar though. I made a bet to go to a Bears bar w/ a Bears fan from work during the summer when the schedule came out. I'm not really looking forward to it.

BAM
10-07-2006, 05:41 PM

Maybe I just lucked out, but when I went to our bar for the Fins game, there was a total of about 10 people in the bar. I was the only Bills fan there for the whole half and I had the whole TV to myself. I turned it up real loud. :D