PDA

View Full Version : Tough call for the Hall by Dr Z

G. Host
10-06-2006, 05:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ap3.tN9o3XfVRLZnqng8ISNDubYF?slug=cnnsi-toughcallforthe&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns
Special Teams

Steve Tasker, probably the greatest player ever to run downfield under a punt, is a freak choice. If the selectors are in a generous mood, he'll somehow get pushed up to the finals. Then I'll have to take a long, serious look at the nominations and life in general. A lot of hearts will be gladdened if little Steve somehow gets enshrined. Mine would be among them.

Thurman & Andre also get mentions.

YardRat
10-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Tasker belongs. Period.

capitolneal
10-06-2006, 06:27 PM
How sweet would it be if Thurman and Tasker got in I would trek the journey from Austin Tx to Canton to see that enshrinement

Jan Reimers
10-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Thurman and Andre should be absolute locks. Tasker definitely deseves it as well, but new ground will have to be plowed in order for a special teamer - albeit the greatest of all time - to be enshrined. I don't know if enough of these "follow the crowd" voters will have the cajones to put Tasker in.

dolphan117
10-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Intresting to see what happens with Terrell Davis... He was certainly dominant while he played but how does his 8 years stack up against otheres who played longer?

casdhf
10-06-2006, 09:20 PM
Didn't take Gale Sayers long