PDA

View Full Version : I'm really digging the new logo

Typ0
10-06-2006, 06:42 PM
It looks great! It's very progressive. It looks just like a stampeeding buffalo. Kudo's to the new logo.

Historian
10-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Its the Sabres talking proud logo, KC.

I can tolerate it, but I'll never love it like the original logo.

The navy jersies are cool though. I like how they broke them up with the white stripes.

Bufftp
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I luv the new unies-color and designs
Haven't taken to the Logo Yet
It seems to high and too small on the Jersys.
not fond of its desing either.

Typ0
10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm digging it. Don't need the nostalgia...there is no need to go back. Time to move forward. I agree, the uniforms look very keen. Lots of nice color.

Bufftp
10-06-2006, 07:27 PM
It's not a matter of nostolgia for me.
I am just not fond of the design.
It looks more like a slug to me than a Buffalo.
Also it is very busy in its design-but too small on the jersy.
I would probably like it beter if it were lower on the Jersy and a little larger.

Typ0
10-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I would probably like it beter if it were lower on the Jersy and a little larger.

no the people that want the "old" logo are into the nostalgia.

I don't see the slug thing. It's pretty clear to me it's a stampeeding buffalo. It captures the stampeeding buffalo very well as their heads push down and backs push up when they are really crusing. I can see what your saying about the placement and size on the jersey though...but I like the colors.

Damn CAN scored again.

im4bflo
10-06-2006, 07:41 PM
that yellow slug ruins the uni's.

Nighthawk
10-06-2006, 08:16 PM

If you think it looks like a slug, then what do you think that Iowa Hawkeye's logo looks like? It sure as hell doesn't look like a bird. Not to say anything against your opinion, but I just think people are being to picky about it. Of course, this is Buffalo and people need something to b!*ch about.

Billscusey
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't care what the uni's look like, as long as they keep playing the way they are!

Nighthawk
10-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't care what the uni's look like, as long as they keep playing the way they are!

Yup, I agree 100%!

Typ0
10-06-2006, 09:52 PM
they kinda played like crap tonight for half the game.

Nighthawk
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
they kinda played like crap tonight for half the game.

I'm thinking he meant the winning part. I agree, they aren't really playing that well right now. I'll take the wins, though!

im4bflo
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
But playing good and LOOKING good is BETTER!
I mean, they look good in their new uni's, it's just that damn logo!

Michael82
10-06-2006, 11:39 PM
After seeing them in person, I personally love the uniforms. They are sweet looking, except for the logo. It just ruins the whole ensemble. I agree with Bufftp, the logo looks too damn small for the jersey. It kinda looks like it's missing something. If they added the swords underneath the Buffaslug, it would make it 10x better IMO. As of now, I won't buy anything with the slug. I'm glad they have the throwback stuff though, I bought a new throwback tshirt and hat. :up:

BTW, I saw tons of Black and Red. I think we'll be seeing that mixture all year long because a bunch of people liked the old unis or dont like the new unis or are too cheap to buy another jersey. :D

JD
10-07-2006, 01:19 AM
still..it has no legs...its yellow..looks like piss...need i go on? i just wish we could have been represented better. why have a CHANCE to have a bad logo. why not go balls out and have ppl think "damn, that logo is sweet" i dont understand why they chose to settle for less..

ddaryl
10-07-2006, 01:24 AM
The home Blues look better then the away whites logo wise, but I still hate it and won't stop hating it. They can win the cup and I still won't have any problems hating the logo.

I love the colors, but that's it in regards to the jersey.

I really can't believe people are rationaliziing the complete lack of effort put into it. I guess you can make a ***** sandwhich, call it delicacy and people will rationalize that it's "an aquired taste".

The fact is and will always be that it is a completely uninspired design. It was made for some sort of commercial appeal, it has no soul, ho heart, and no passion. We deserve soul, heart, and passion in our logo.

Michael82
10-07-2006, 01:28 AM
If I could buy a blank jersey and throw the old style logo on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! That sig of yours, JD is ****ing awesome!!! :drool:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/bcrt2000/sabresfantasy.jpg

SABURZFAN
10-07-2006, 01:52 AM
It looks great! It looks just like a stampeeding buffalo.

it looks like donald trump hair. :down:

Michael82
10-07-2006, 01:55 AM
it looks like donald trump hair. :down:
yeah it does. :down:

kgun12
10-07-2006, 02:17 AM
no the people that want the "old" logo are into the nostalgia.

I don't see the slug thing. It's pretty clear to me it's a stampeeding buffalo. It captures the stampeeding buffalo very well as their heads push down and backs push up when they are really crusing. I can see what your saying about the placement and size on the jersey though...but I like the colors.

Damn CAN scored again.

I agree with Bufftp and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. You don't need to change the uniforms to make money if the product is good. Just ask the orginal 6 in hockey, or the Bears, Raiders, Yankees, Red Sox an on an on. Great teams make money by putting great product on the playing field. Just win baby and your team will make money. Not by putting Slugs or mad goats or 33 colors (Bills) on the uniform! The orginal sweater was, is and will always be the Sabres.

Now having said that, I did like the home uniform much better than the away uniforms. It seems that the colors blend on TV and the yellow looks almost lime when there moving on the ice in the away uniform.

im4bflo
10-07-2006, 03:12 AM
If I could buy a blank jersey and throw the old style logo on it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! That sig of yours, JD is ****ing awesome!!! :drool:

That's it, right there, the Ultimate BUFFALO SABRES uniform.
the new uni with the old logo ROCKS!
I'll be making my own if they don't wake up sooner or later.

Michael82
10-07-2006, 04:02 AM
That's it, right there, the Ultimate BUFFALO SABRES uniform.
the new uni with the old logo ROCKS!
I'll be making my own if they don't wake up sooner or later.
I'm going to do that too. I personally love the jersey, it's ****ing awesome. But when you throw that logo on it, it ruins it completely. With the Buffaslug off the jersey, I'd buy it and fix it up with the throwback logo. :up:

kgun12
10-07-2006, 04:06 AM
The home Blues look better then the away whites logo wise, but I still hate it and won't stop hating it. They can win the cup and I still won't have any problems hating the logo.

I love the colors, but that's it in regards to the jersey.

I really can't believe people are rationaliziing the complete lack of effort put into it. I guess you can make a ***** sandwhich, call it delicacy and people will rationalize that it's "an aquired taste".

The fact is and will always be that it is a completely uninspired design. It was made for some sort of commercial appeal, it has no soul, ho heart, and no passion. We deserve soul, heart, and passion in our logo.

Well said, I couldn't agree more! I WILL NOT buy anything with the slug on it EVER!

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1:

Michael82
10-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Well said, I couldn't agree more! I WILL NOT buy anything with the slug on it EVER!

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1: :bf1:
Then you better not buy those souvenir soda at the arena. I did and it has the slug on it on both sides. :ill:

kgun12
10-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Then you better not buy those souvenir soda at the arena. I did and it has the slug on it on both sides. :ill:

:puke:

Typ0
10-07-2006, 07:14 AM
I agree with Bufftp and it has nothing to do with nostalgia. You don't need to change the uniforms to make money if the product is good. Just ask the orginal 6 in hockey, or the Bears, Raiders, Yankees, Red Sox an on an on. Great teams make money by putting great product on the playing field. Just win baby and your team will make money. Not by putting Slugs or mad goats or 33 colors (Bills) on the uniform! The orginal sweater was, is and will always be the Sabres.

Now having said that, I did like the home uniform much better than the away uniforms. It seems that the colors blend on TV and the yellow looks almost lime when there moving on the ice in the away uniform.

listen, the people who want the old uniforms back are the ones that grew up around them. They want to return to the old uniforms so the old farts can feel closer to their youth or glory days...that's nostalgia. The teams you mentioned haven't changed their uniforms so there is no comparison...they have nothing to return from.

The team made a choice years ago they were going to let the uniforms evolve with the times. The new uniforms are like windows XP compared the windows 98 old uniforms. Some people don't like them because they don't like change. Others are just resistant to change and they will adjust and like the new logo just as much as everyone else. The logo is our team. Diss the logo and you are dissing our franchise. This isn't like having that slug Satan on our team...the fans, media and the team should have lobbied to have his ass sent away. The Logo is here and it's going to stay for at least five years. Besides, I thought the third jerseys were the old ones...and they are going to play something like 18 games with those jerseys on.

Michael82
10-07-2006, 08:07 AM
listen, the people who want the old uniforms back are the ones that grew up around them. They want to return to the old uniforms so the old farts can feel closer to their youth or glory days...that's nostalgia. The teams you mentioned haven't changed their uniforms so there is no comparison...they have nothing to return from.

The team made a choice years ago they were going to let the uniforms evolve with the times. The new uniforms are like windows XP compared the windows 98 old uniforms. Some people don't like them because they don't like change. Others are just resistant to change and they will adjust and like the new logo just as much as everyone else. The logo is our team. Diss the logo and you are dissing our franchise. This isn't like having that slug Satan on our team...the fans, media and the team should have lobbied to have his ass sent away. The Logo is here and it's going to stay for at least five years. Besides, I thought the third jerseys were the old ones...and they are going to play something like 18 games with those jerseys on.
How much you want a bet that the slug will stay? I don't think so. I have a feeling that it will get ridiculed to galore and the Sabres will feel the pressure to try again. Then maybe they'll come up with an updated version of the old logo, kinda like that celsius design one. you can even stick that logo on the current jerseys and they'd be fine. But they need to get rid of that ugly, putrid looking buffaslug. It looks like **** and like you said, it represents the city of Buffalo and our franchise. :ill:

Nighthawk
10-07-2006, 09:50 AM

That jersey JD made up does look pretty sweet with the old logo on it! The new jerseys are well designed, but the logo needs to grow on me. However, like I've said before...I'm not going to b!tch about a logo. I'm just happy the team is still here and has legitimate shot at the Cup this year!

Typ0
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
How much you want a bet that the slug will stay? I don't think so. I have a feeling that it will get ridiculed to galore and the Sabres will feel the pressure to try again. Then maybe they'll come up with an updated version of the old logo, kinda like that celsius design one. you can even stick that logo on the current jerseys and they'd be fine. But they need to get rid of that ugly, putrid looking buffaslug. It looks like **** and like you said, it represents the city of Buffalo and our franchise. :ill:

I thought you couldn't change for five years by rule.

im4bflo
10-07-2006, 12:45 PM

If you would read the posts, nobody's saying we want the old uni's back:whoosh:
We love the new uni's, it's that damn slug we want changed to something that represents the BUFFALO SABRES, it's fans, and city. We believe that a piss yellow slug, is not it! To wait until it grows on you, is stupid, it means you don't like it.
There are thousands of fans that hate that slug, and it will go by way of the Gordans Fisherman logo, click on DELETE! :pray:

im4bflo
10-07-2006, 12:48 PM
If it doesn't make the money they were expecting, I bet they can change it sooner than that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-07-2006, 01:07 PM

I didn't go to the game I watched it on MSG, but they showed the crowd and all the little kids there was wearing the new stuff. It's for the kids the future fans of the Buffalo Sabres. By the way MSG is totally improved, I like it!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-07-2006, 01:21 PM

You can't, the NHL made that rule after the Islanders changed back to they're original jerseys. The reason too many teams were changing they're jerseys and logos the Phoenix Coyotes also changed their logo and colors because "Gretzky" didn't like the colors. It used to have a coyote playing hockey with the team name underneath it they now have just a coyote head howling.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/nlray22u33hhmvm2oyfg.gifhttp://www.sportslogos.net/images/teams/primaries/167.gif

SABURZFAN
10-07-2006, 01:45 PM
listen, the people who want the old uniforms back are the ones that grew up around them. They want to return to the old uniforms so the old farts can feel closer to their youth or glory days...that's nostalgia.

:mad:

:fogey:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Do you realize we've had three different logos in three different decades 1970-1996-2006 who the heck changes they're jerseys three different times. Just stick with one jersey and one logo and stay with it!

Philagape
10-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Like I said in another thread, they look great from the back

BAM
10-07-2006, 06:59 PM
To each his own. I think it's horrible.

Nice colors though!

im4bflo
10-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Go to E-bay buffalo sabres,
Page 5
scroll to bottom left,
how does that jersey look? :hump:

GThirst
10-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Go to E-bay buffalo sabres,
Page 5
scroll to bottom left,
how does that jersey look? :hump:
XD, is it this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-lookJersey-Old-Buffalo-Sabres-Colors-Men-Small_W0QQitemZ180034541998QQihZ008QQcategoryZ780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

im4bflo
10-07-2006, 08:23 PM
XD, is it this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-lookJersey-Old-Buffalo-Sabres-Colors-Men-Small_W0QQitemZ180034541998QQihZ008QQcategoryZ780QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
NO, the one I'm talking about, is being worn by a hot blonde.

kgun12
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
I didn't go to the game I watched it on MSG, but they showed the crowd and all the little kids there was wearing the new stuff. It's for the kids the future fans of the Buffalo Sabres. By the way MSG is totally improved, I like it!

The kids don't pay for the merchandise, and I can tell you that if my kids wanted anything with the slug on it, there not getting it from me.

Michael82
10-08-2006, 08:57 AM
The kids don't pay for the merchandise, and I can tell you that if my kids wanted anything with the slug on it, there not getting it from me.
That's because you are a good father. :bf1:

im4bflo
10-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Great parenting! That slug could stunt a childs growth :lmao:

JD
10-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Ex the slug!!

Nighthawk
10-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Ex the slug!!

We can't do that! The Sabres are 3-0 with the new logo...:couch: