PDA

View Full Version : Lovie vs. Jauron: It’s ‘Boring Bowl I’

G. Host
10-06-2006, 11:02 PM
http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2006/10/06/sports/columnists/doc4526285da6f3d631726982.prt
That neither Jauron nor Smith are quote machines should come as no surprise in 2006. The number of interesting or controversial coaches is an easy roll call: Bill Parcells, Jon Gruden, Jim Mora Jr., Jeff Fisher, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Herm Edwards and Dennis Green.

The rest are disciples of the school of The Less Said, The Better. Leave the colorful comments and oversized personalities to the college coaches. It’s what happens when most of the coaching family tree spring from two main branches – the obsessive-compulsive family of Parcells and the quiet, let-your-actions-speak-for-you clan of Tony Dungy.

In the end, it doesn’t really matter whether the coaches say anything. Their work on the field is the only benchmark on which they’re judged.

They’re football coaches, not talk-show hosts.

I prefer this rather than clowns.

billsburgh
10-07-2006, 02:48 AM
I dont care how boring Jauron is if he continues to keep the team improving and playing like they have been so far. I'll take a boring coach who wins anytime.

BILLSROCK1212
10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Tony Dungy as a clan but not very large Mike Holmgren has a larger one

justasportsfan
10-07-2006, 10:12 AM
All they talked about on NFLN was Lovie and the bears. I think they were just jinxed.