PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of this idea?

DraftBoy
10-07-2006, 06:03 PM
First yes, I know we picked Youboty up and he may be the eventual replacement to Clements but here is the question I propose. Say Whitner continues to do well at safety, but Youboty struggles at CB, and we dont sign a capable replacement.

During the 2006 NFL Draft Kiper and many other sites said that Whitner may end up being a better CB than Safety one day. So is there anybody who would be against that move and us drafting another S? One who comes to mind is Florida safety Reggie Nelson who was huge today against LSU and also last week v. Alabama. He is a heavy hitter and solid tackler. Tho there are plenty of other safeties. But would anybody be against a move like this?

Goobylal
10-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Let's wait for Youboty to prove himself first. The 2007 draft is a LONG way away.

The_Philster
10-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Kiper doesn't know everything...and Whitner will have a year in at safety...we could be hurtuing ourselves at both positions by making that switch
Besides, Thomas and Greer may not be stars, but they've shown on occasion that they can do the job.
Also....think about it...Youboty is an Ohio State CB...struggle? :rofl:
Marlon Kerner
Antoine Winfield
Nate Clements

we've had a lot of success at CB from that school. The only thing that kept Kerner from being a super CB for us was the injuries he suffered in 97 and 98. But he was still a stud CB before those injuries...he held Jerry Rice to 5 catches for 32 yards in his rookie season.

Meathead
10-07-2006, 06:40 PM
good pernt

DraftBoy
10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Kiper doesn't know everything...and Whitner will have a year in at safety...we could be hurtuing ourselves at both positions by making that switch
Besides, Thomas and Greer may not be stars, but they've shown on occasion that they can do the job.
Also....think about it...Youboty is an Ohio State CB...struggle? :rofl:
Marlon Kerner
Antoine Winfield
Nate Clements

we've had a lot of success at CB from that school. The only thing that kept Kerner from being a super CB for us was the injuries he suffered in 97 and 98. But he was still a stud CB before those injuries...he held Jerry Rice to 5 catches for 32 yards in his rookie season.

While I realize Kiper doesnt know it all, or much of anything for that matter...many other sources are quoted as saying the same thing. I hope Youboty is the answer but Im just saying its something to keep in mind.

The_Philster
10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
While I realize Kiper doesnt know it all, or much of anything for that matter...many other sources are quoted as saying the same thing. I hope Youboty is the answer but Im just saying its something to keep in mind.
many other sources also said we reached for Whitner ;)

ublinkwescore
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
many other sources also said we reached for Whitner ;)

Bigolly, Phil has a point...

YardRat
10-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Keep Whitner at safety and draft a corner, if you want another DB and Youboty doesn't pan out, IMO.

I think he'll do just fine, though, eventually.

~CHIEF~
10-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Let's not and say we did!

venis2k1
10-08-2006, 01:45 AM
If kevin Everett cant emerge this year, we should move Jason Peters back to TE and draft another tackle.

Jp7
10-08-2006, 02:10 AM
i'm not trying to insult you but that would be a ******ed move. whitner is already showing signs of greatness at safety so why the hell would we go and draft another safety that won't be as good as he is. youboty doesn't even have to become clements "successor" because thomas has shown he is a veteran who's great coverage and big tackles have been for the most part unnoticed. greer has great speed, coverage skills, and can make plays on the ball. i though would like to see how youboty doesn this season. we still need to focus on our lines before we would go and take a gamble like that.

ddaryl
10-08-2006, 02:41 AM
If kevin Everett cant emerge this year, we should move Jason Peters back to TE and draft another tackle.

Why would we do that ? Peters is becoming a premiere tackle and has worked hard to solidify his place on our OL.

Chances are a drafted T is going to take a year or 3 to develope.

Why don;t we keep Peters at T and draft a TE if needed, and I do agree we need a stud TE playmaker

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Why would we do that ? Peters is becoming a premiere tackle and has worked hard to solidify his place on our OL.

Chances are a drafted T is going to take a year or 3 to develope.

Why don;t we keep Peters at T and draft a TE if needed, and I do agree we need a stud TE playmaker
He was being sarcastic

eyedog
10-10-2006, 11:12 AM
How about this with the #1 pick, Jake Long, Joe Thomas, Sam Baker. A couple of Juniors there but they will probably come out. I'll be happy with any of them.

Those are guy's I've seen play alot and I personally like Long the best.

THATHURMANATOR
10-10-2006, 11:47 AM
This is a horrible idea....

Jp7
10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
He was being sarcastic
haha!

BillsFever21
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Youboty has to be able to beat Kiwakue Thomas out of a job before you can even start thinking about him being able to take over for Clements.