PDA

View Full Version : Alright, heres my game take

X-Era
10-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I think our pass rush shows up again after a 2 week drought and sacks Grossman PLENTY!

I think we try to run but have to balance the attack through the air and on the ground. I think we get a few deep plays against a questionable secondary.

I know that the Bears D is tough, but I think we move the ball and get a TD or 2.

I think we have no trouble stopping their run, Thomas Jones doesnt scare anyone.

I think we win this game with a 17 to 7 score

shelby
10-07-2006, 06:53 PM
:gobills:

This game will show what we are capable of. Win or lose, i want to see everyone putting forth their best effort.

dolphinssuck
10-07-2006, 08:33 PM
We have the ability no doubt to win this game but its going to be a tough game if we cant move the ball and get points IMO early. Because I dont believe they can come back on us if we get ahead by a good margin of points.

Get in Rexs head with some sacks he'll be done and stop that running game is key also.

YardRat
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Defense is the key. Being able to get to Grossman a lot without sending too many guys would help.

Meathead
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
defense plays well enough to win but offense cant get in the ez. a couple late desperation tos make the score look bigger than it was most of the game

20-6 chichitown

ublinkwescore
10-07-2006, 09:55 PM
My take on how Buffalo can win this game...

Run the freakin ball at Tommie Harris early on, and let them know it's coming to him - let's get inside his head, let him know he's gonna take some punishment wear their line down, run the ball no matter what on the first two downs of each posession, and then again if we are working from a 3rd and short. If we want it more, we can run on anyone. We'll only pass if we're looking at 3rd and 5 or longer in the first quarter just to try to stay on the field - tiring that D out should be priority #1 - then the scoring will come much easier later in the game - hopefully we'll see the return of Willis's straight arm (on Urlacher or Brown maybe?).

On D, we gotta play a man on Bernard at all times after he gets past 10 yards which means who ever's not assigned to Bernard needs to be aware of where Bernard's going, but protect their Zone from other threats making Berrian a second priority. If we can take away Grossman's deep game, hopefully he'll take some stupid chances and Whitner or Simpson will make him pay with a pickoff, or make Berrian pay with a big hit that will make him think twice about bringing the next one in. We need to take away their big play ability, and make Jones beat our front 7 (which will be a lot tougher with Spikes in their). The Bears only have the 21st rushing offense I believe - so it makes sense to me to shut their passing game down.

X-Era
10-08-2006, 07:45 AM
My take on how Buffalo can win this game...

Run the freakin ball at Tommie Harris early on, and let them know it's coming to him - let's get inside his head, let him know he's gonna take some punishment wear their line down, run the ball no matter what on the first two downs of each posession, and then again if we are working from a 3rd and short. If we want it more, we can run on anyone. We'll only pass if we're looking at 3rd and 5 or longer in the first quarter just to try to stay on the field - tiring that D out should be priority #1 - then the scoring will come much easier later in the game - hopefully we'll see the return of Willis's straight arm (on Urlacher or Brown maybe?).

On D, we gotta play a man on Bernard at all times after he gets past 10 yards which means who ever's not assigned to Bernard needs to be aware of where Bernard's going, but protect their Zone from other threats making Berrian a second priority. If we can take away Grossman's deep game, hopefully he'll take some stupid chances and Whitner or Simpson will make him pay with a pickoff, or make Berrian pay with a big hit that will make him think twice about bringing the next one in. We need to take away their big play ability, and make Jones beat our front 7 (which will be a lot tougher with Spikes in their). The Bears only have the 21st rushing offense I believe - so it makes sense to me to shut their passing game down.

Agree on D but I think we need to have plenty of portected pressure on Grossman.

Im not sure we can simply force the run on them. Especially considering their weakness in the secondary. I think we need to take what they give us and thats probably mid to long range passes. That said, we must try the run for the first few quarters and see what they give us. If we can get 3 to 4 stick with it, if its 1-2, we must change to win.