PDA

View Full Version : Look for Bears to test Bills' young safeties

The_Philster
10-08-2006, 05:42 AM
The name suggests you had better have two safeties who can play to run it effectively. The Tampa-2 is spreading through the NFL like the number of Rex Grossman fans through the area. The ''2'' refers to the safeties, and the Buffalo Bills bring in a pair of rookies in that position. more (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/87888,CST-SPT-biggs08.article)

Cntrygal
10-08-2006, 09:54 AM
The Bills haven't been challenged deep downfield yet. Grossman is the first passer they will see who has the arm and mentality to go long. The Bears have 17 passes of 20 or more yards in their first four games after getting 27 all of last season. The Bills have given up 13 passes of 20-plus yards. But picking on the secondary isn't easy. The Bills are 11th in the league against the pass and have a strong tandem at cornerback in Nate Clements and Terrence McGee.

''I don't notice [the safeties] as being rookies when I watch tape,'' Grossman said. ''They can cover a lot of ground. I'm not going to try to create things, pumping this way or pumping that way. Just go out and play. It would be nice if they got out of position, but I'm not anticipating that. They're playing well.''

I'm HOPING for several picks!!!